Tutorial Simple SFX modelling

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Cant save my model :O ?

Shit Message! said:
Unable to save"C:\Users\Markus\Desktop\Models\Projectiles\Ice_1", unknown extention""!

>Then in this menu, do something, something else, then this, click something etc.
Hehehe, don't know why but made me laugh!

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, Vestras whould probably include that in this tutorial.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> (W00000T, zeh IRL w0rld?! gtf0 n00b!)

":banghead:" AKA "I hope it wasn't intended".

Spoilers in this tutorial are, at best, useless. They aren't needed, so... remove them.

Content is pertinent, however!

As long as there are spoilers in this tutorial I will not approve it.

takethat

Reaction score
er, i cant firgue out which part controls the z point...

is the fire in the head of necropolis consider sf? can i like change its height? cause when i make a necropolis normal height lower, the fire on the top doesnt go along and become lower.

the fire is white because it belongs to neutral passive
Necropolis.JPG

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
so when i import the model i made so i have to send all the textures? or should it just show up after making it to the right name?

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Scauldingpon said:
so when i import the model i made so i have to send all the textures? or should it just show up after making it to the right name?

If you only use textures from the mpq you only have to import the model. If you use custom textures, which is more advanced and won't be supported in this tutorial, you need to import those to the path used by your model.

takethat said:
er, i cant firgue out which part controls the z point...

is the fire in the head of necropolis consider sf? can i like change its height? cause when i make a necropolis normal height lower, the fire on the top doesnt go along and become lower.

the fire is white because it belongs to neutral passive

If the 'fire' isn't scaling with the model, then it's a particle. If I were you, I'd open the model and check for myself.

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
i used models textures inside the mpq, but when importing even with correct extensions the model does not show up. must i used a certain mpq? mine has 4 to choose from.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> how to differential? i open model editor but the fire is not show in it

That happens. Just look for a particle with the texture that fits as fire. (Cloud8x8, Flame4, so on)

> i used models textures inside the mpq, but when importing even with correct extensions the model does not show up. must i used a certain mpq? mine has 4 to choose from.

Doesn't it work ingame either?

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Nice tutorial. I really need to try it some time! If I can make sfx's then I can make my own spell sfx's =) thanks +rep for you.

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
neg. i've done multiple ways of trying it to appear. for some reason it does not show ingame or editor for me. opens fine in the program used to create it tho.

takethat

Reaction score
opps i must say, i miss the part of node, there say the particle emit point of x y and z, i just -200 to all particles, and the fire is inside the tower...

i guess follow step by step really helps.

anyway, but i seems unable to find floating rock model ( environment/outland)

where can i extract this model?

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> neg. i've done multiple ways of trying it to appear. for some reason it does not show ingame or editor for me. opens fine in the program used to create it tho.

Do you have any Event Objects with no Track Time?

> where can i extract this model?

From one of the .mpq's I guess. Really, try for yourself before asking.

DKigorDK

Reaction score
Hey i follow your tutorial as you said, but my fire looks like square boxes.

any help?

it looks like you dont have nvidia and directx installed (I have ;))

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> it looks like you dont have nvidia and directx installed (I have )

I do, and it's none of your business.

> Hey i follow your tutorial as you said, but my fire looks like square boxes.

Is your row & column count 8 & 8? What texture do you use? What filter? Please provide more information.

(8&8 r&c is only needed for Cloud8x8.blp)

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Good tutorial although you could add more examples of SFX created.
Didn't know making a SFX is such a pain in the ass and tough. I tried to create one but didn't get my desired effect sigh :(

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I'm not a modeler, so I can't really comment too well about the content of the tutorial. However, when I was reading the intro, I felt it was a little weird that you were explaining what a "sfx" was, rather than simply explaining that it is an acronym for "Special Effects (x)".

This part makes it seem a bit unprofessional. However, the rest of the content of the tutorial looked rather good. :)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I'm not a modeler, so I can't really comment too well about the content of the tutorial. However, when I was reading the intro, I felt it was a little weird that you were explaining what a "sfx" was, rather than simply explaining that it is an acronym for "Special Effects (x)".

This part makes it seem a bit unprofessional. However, the rest of the content of the tutorial looked rather good. :)

Thanks, updated :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.