Siphon mana can't target player units?

Ragnar Rök

Reaction score
It Works It Works :)

correction =)...it can target allied units...BUT instead of draining mana from that target....the caster *lets say for eg. Blood Mage* transfer a certain amt of his own mana to the target...tis can only b done if the target actually has a mana pool *duh =)*

Ragnar Rok --> go to advanced - Gameplay Constants, and click on "Use Custom Gameplay Constants", scroll down till you find Gameplay - Drain Transfers Mana, double click and tick the box. Siphon Mana will then b able to transfer mana =)

Jus for fun, you can make Life Drain work in the same way, go to object editor and edit everything according to Siphon Mana...but instead of putting the values in the "Mana" field...place it in the "Life" field...do the same thing as Siphon Mana, go to Gameplay Constants -blah blah- ....ur unit can then "heal" another unit using his own life....im not sure if this will actually kill the caster unit if he is low on hp...but hey its fun =)

Thank you soo very much!!
And by shifting the mana/life drain to negative values it takes life and mana from the deathvortex! This makes my skill just like I want it!: First my hero summons the Deatvortex (has an aura that degenerates the hp of enemys and makes them 50% slower (unholy aura with negative values)) Then my hero will cast Negative energy drain on my Deathvortex; healing mana and health at higher levels, causing the Deathvortex to feed on nearby enemys as long as my hero siphons it! It looks great! Thank you again! :)

Only a tiny problem left: The order to feed dont seem to work.. Siphon mana (witch the Deathvortex has an own ability based on that drains 999999 hp over one sec) has no Order string Use/turn on and I cant find one that works! I have tried absorb, drain and dark ritual. Is there something wrong in my triggers? (I have of course changed the ability's Order string use turn/one and not only the trigger)

Code:
Death Vortex feed
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to Death vortex
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Negative Energy Drain 
    Actions
        Unit - Order (Target unit of ability being cast) to Undead Lich - Dark Ritual (Random unit from (Units within 400.00 of (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast))) Equal to True)))
        Wait 3.00 seconds
        Unit - Order (Target unit of ability being cast) to Undead Lich - Dark Ritual (Random unit from (Units within 400.00 of (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast))) Equal to True)))
        Wait 3.00 seconds
        Wait 3.00 seconds
        Wait 3.00 seconds
        Wait 3.00 seconds
        Wait 3.00 seconds

If my hero stops casting Negative Energy drain on teh vortex it to must stop feeding on enemys:

Code:
Death Vortex stop feed
    Events
        Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Negative Energy Drain 
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn off Death Vortex feed <gen>
        Trigger - Turn on Death Vortex feed <gen>

swb90

Reaction score
try tinking of a channel spell that actually has an on/off....im trying to help as mch as i can bt so far no luk oso....does ur deathvortex require targetting the enemies? if not u can try divine shield which u can turn on n off wifout a target...

im nt sure if triggers will b nided even if u manage to find a string to turn it on n off....mayb to stop tt deathvortex frm draining *or doing wateva it is doing*....u can try to remove tt ability frm it....tis shld stop it frm draining...then put it bak again....im assuming ur drain is....manual cast? *sry i haven really tried out wateva i typed above....xcept the gameplay constants which indirectly helped u...*

is the map lyk...humongous? if nt can send to me? i dun mind having sth to try and work on....im nt gonna steal the spell cuz theres no1 to play wif me anyway....i nid to c wat u wan to do then i can try n c wat i can help wif =)....a warning thou...im a uber noob so i may not actually help you much...

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Yeah, I played some "Leigons of Sand" map where you heal by lifedraining a fountain with infinite health. The reason its not working might be because your black hole might have locust, invulnerability, or spell immunity.

Ragnar Rök

Reaction score
try tinking of a channel spell that actually has an on/off....im trying to help as mch as i can bt so far no luk oso....does ur deathvortex require targetting the enemies? if not u can try divine shield which u can turn on n off wifout a target...

im nt sure if triggers will b nided even if u manage to find a string to turn it on n off....mayb to stop tt deathvortex frm draining *or doing wateva it is doing*....u can try to remove tt ability frm it....tis shld stop it frm draining...then put it bak again....im assuming ur drain is....manual cast? *sry i haven really tried out wateva i typed above....xcept the gameplay constants which indirectly helped u...*

is the map lyk...humongous? if nt can send to me? i dun mind having sth to try and work on....im nt gonna steal the spell cuz theres no1 to play wif me anyway....i nid to c wat u wan to do then i can try n c wat i can help wif =)....a warning thou...im a uber noob so i may not actually help you much...
The map is 2.29MB and for the moment it is not playable because when I started to do the map i wasn't good enough to do it good. So I am making a total map makeover to make it better (and smaller).. This includes remaking almost all triggers, all units, all abilitys all heroes with skills and the map apperance.. Aswell as removing all excessive data and stuff.. Its quite a job since I'm doing several other maps aswell! And I don't have the time either! But I can always send you a small map with only the hero and th triggers if you want...

swb90

Reaction score
=) if that's the case, good luck on your new project. would love to see it when it's done =) personally im a bigger fan of melee maps *i aspire to be a good melee mapper* but its also fun to learn from other people's map =)

Ragnar Rök

Reaction score
Necros of Storm

I am uploading a small map with my "Necros of storm Hero" wich currently has the "DeathVortex" ability.

I exchanged the feed based on life drain to a feed based on finger of death with lightning effect: life drain and now it's working great!

Also you can tell me what you think of the Hero, it is slightly modified on this map but mostly the same as on my Hero defense map.

Enjoy // Ragnar Rök

Attachments

• Ragnar Röks Necros of storm Hero.w3x
    28 KB · Views: 165
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.