Skill help

micolord

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm making a "Inferno Blast" skill, I've edited the skill "Storm Bolt" and also the buff called "Stunned (Paused)" making it "Stunned (Inferno Blast)", my problem is this If the target gets hit by "Inferno Blast" it will be stun and will take damage overtime like the on in DOTA, using trigger. My progress so far:

Event
Unit - Skeleton King 0012 <gen> Begins casting an ability

Condition
(Ability being cast) Equalt to Inferno Blast

Actions
(I don't know what kind of method to use in the action..)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Make another ability that causes damage over time. When the skill is cast, create a dummy unit to cast this second skill on the target.

Also, don't use Begins casting an ability. Use Starts the effect of an ability.

micolord

Reaction score
KaerfNomekop,

So you mean like this?

Event
Unit - Skeleton King 0012 <gen> Starts the effect of an ability

Condition
(Ability being cast) Equalt to Inferno Blast

Actions
(I don't know what kind of method to use in the action..)

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Yes, but are you sure that you want it to be only Skeleton King 0012 <gen> that this trigger runs for?

Some elaboration on the damage over time second ability: It should have the same missile speed as the main Storm Bolt skill, just without a missile art.

micolord

Reaction score
KaerNomekop,

Can you just please teach me the method I've need to know so that I can move on my progress.

I ment this in a good way

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Well, first you have the stun effect. That's achieved with Storm Bolt.

Next, you want a Damage Over Time effect, which begins at pretty much the same time. To do that, you need another ability, so base one off Acid Bomb (the best DoT spell IMO) and modify the fields to suit your needs, with Missile Speed the same as the Storm Bolt one. Make this ability a unit ability, as your Hero won't be using it.

So when your unit casts the ability (as you've got so far), you need to have the DoT spell cast on the same unit at the same time. So, create a dummy unit that has Locust and no model file, Add a 1.00 second Expiration Timer to it, add the DoT spell to it, set the level of the DoT spell to the level of the Storm Bolt spell, and order it to Acid Bomb (or whatever the order string is of the DoT spell) the Target Unit of Ability Being Cast.

Hope this helped.

micolord

Reaction score
Check this out, this is my project so far but it doesn't work.. I don't really get it why wont this work:

Trigger 1
Events
Unit - A unit Learns a skill
Conditions
((Unit-type of (Learning Hero)) Equal to Skeleton King) and ((Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Hellfire )
Actions
If (Hellfire Equal to 0) then do (Set Hellfire = 1) else do (If (Hellfire Equal to 1) then do (Set Hellfire = 2) else do (If (Hellfire Equal to 2) then do (Set Hellfire = 3) else do (If (Hellfire Equal to 3) then do (Set Hellfire = 4) else do (Do nothing))))
Trigger 1 (ends here)

Trigger 2
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
((Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Skeleton King) and ((Ability being cast) Equal to Hellfire )
Actions
If (Hellfire Equal to 1) then do (Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 1.00 seconds of radius 1.00 at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)), dealing 15.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal) else do (Do nothing)
If (Hellfire Equal to 1) then do (Set Confirm = True) else do (Do nothing)
Wait until (Confirm Equal to True), checking every 1.00 seconds
If (Hellfire Equal to 1) then do (Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 1.00 seconds of radius 1.00 at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)), dealing 15.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal) else do (Do nothing)
If (Hellfire Equal to 1) then do (Set Confirm = False) else do (Do nothing)
Trigger 2 (ends here)

Maks

Reaction score
Check this out, this is my project so far but it doesn't work.. I don't really get it why wont this work:

Trigger 1
Events
Unit - A unit Learns a skill
Conditions
((Unit-type of (Learning Hero)) Equal to Skeleton King) and ((Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Hellfire )
Actions
If (Hellfire Equal to 0) then do (Set Hellfire = 1) else do (If (Hellfire Equal to 1) then do (Set Hellfire = 2) else do (If (Hellfire Equal to 2) then do (Set Hellfire = 3) else do (If (Hellfire Equal to 3) then do (Set Hellfire = 4) else do (Do nothing))))
Trigger 1 (ends here)

Trigger 2
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
((Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Skeleton King) and ((Ability being cast) Equal to Hellfire )
Actions
If (Hellfire Equal to 1) then do (Set Confirm = True) else do (Do nothing)
Wait until (Confirm Equal to True), checking every 1.00 seconds
If (Hellfire Equal to 1) then do (Set Confirm = False) else do (Do nothing)
Trigger 2 (ends here)

Well, I don't see the point in trigger 1, I believe you want to set the level of the damage dealt overtime. Other than that, you can create a custom skill based on Acid armor, as KaerfNomekop (PokemonFreak <-- xD) told, lets call it Damage OT. then, to make the dummy unit use the skill at the same time as you, you can use some trigger like this one:
Event
A unit (Starts the effect of an ability)
Condition
(Ability Being cast) equal to (Inferno Blast)
Actions
Unit - Create 1 dummy at position of (Triggering Unit) (...)
Unit - Add a 1.0 second expiration timer for (Last Created Unit)
Unit - Set level of (Damage OT) for (Last Created Unit) to (Level of (Inferno Blast) for (Triggering Unit))elieve
Unit - Issue (Last Created Unit) to (Acid Armor) (Target of Ability Being Cast)

The code will not look exactly like this one, but I believe you can guide yourself through this.

Hope I Could Help

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.