skill works even when it's not activated

zomgguy

Reaction score
Okay...
I based a skill off the ability "Black Arrow".

It's all fine ...except that...because it's based off an item ability, it's set to be activate all the time...(that's my theory)
*EDIT: It's not an item ability, it's the Neutral Hostile ability...my new theory is that computer controlled neutrals leave their skill on anyway so it wasn't a problem for them.*

The real problem here is that it is an autocastable skill...even when not set to autocast, the skill works anyway and circumvents the mana cost.

I'm looking for one of 2 solutions:
1. Make the skill strictly a passive skill...
2. Make the skill not work when it's not cast or on autocast

This is a weird problem :confused:

I appreciate your help :)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
well for 1 just set the mana cost to 0

for 2 use the normal black arrow skill. The item version is a bit shitty when it comes to moding it. Originaly it was used in the TFT NE campaing as a dar orb who summons skeletons when you kill units with it. the item version is for passive ;)

zomgguy

Reaction score
1. no offence but wtf? that doesnt make it a passive skill...by passive skill i mean like no autocast and you cannot actively target the spell.

2. My bad...my skill is based off the neutral hostile black arrow...sry u got confused...I've actually tried basing off both the item (orb of darkness) and unit (black arrow) ability...The ability based off the orb of darkness isn't what i want...it doesnt do any damage wtf?

Scary Nachos

Castro flashing Gang Signs!
Reaction score
I think that orb of darkness should work.... i mean.. copy the abbility for the orb and then paste it, then make it a hero abbility, or whatever you want it to be and put it on a skill. That should work ;P

zomgguy

Reaction score
@Scary Nachos:
I've tried using the orb of darkness. However, being an orb effect, it's an item ability meant to "mask over" the normal attack. When made into an hero skill, it doesn't do any damage on cast. Yes it works, but no damage at all. It doesn't even give bonus damage to normal attacks.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
1. Make the skill strictly a passive skill.
2. Make the skill not work when it's not cast or on autocast
what exactly do you want, i dont get it..
an activatable passive?

or an ability that just acts as a passive button (cannot be clicked)?

It's all fine ...except that...because it's based off an item ability, it's set to be activate all the time...(that's my theory)
i think there's a stats box on all autocast abilities that says 'always autocast' - have you ticked that off?

zomgguy

Reaction score
@13lade619:
An activateable passive is an autocast...isnt it? So that's not really passive...I needed a passive skill that you can't click, or an autocastable ability that works only when cast.

Nope, there's no stat box that says "always autocast". Btw, I did edit in red saying that it's not an item ability. It's a neutral hostile ability. I got confused with Orb of Darkness.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.