Slight issue regarding anti-stuck trigger

Lord_Kakashi

The Wabbits are attacking
Reaction score
Well i'm trying to impliment an anti-stuck trigger in my Tower Defense map using the Matching unit conditions...

But the trigger won't work.. here is how it looks..
Code:
Stuck Issue order
    Events
        Time - Every 4.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set TempGroup[0] = (Units in (Entire map) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)) and ((Current movement speed of (Matching unit)) Less than 50.00)))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup[0] and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To (Center of Regions[(Integer((Mana of (Picked unit))))]))
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup[0])

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
Code:
(Current movement speed of (Matching unit)) Less than 50.00)
I suppose the meaning of this was to see if the unit is moving or not? Well, even if the unit is not moving, it's movement speed is the same as it would be when the unit is moving. At least afaik. :p

Lord_Kakashi

Reaction score
Code:
(Current movement speed of (Matching unit)) Less than 50.00)
I suppose the meaning of this was to see if the unit is moving or not? Well, even if the unit is not moving, it's movement speed is the same as it would be when the unit is moving. At least afaik. :p

which means it cannot check the Current movement speed of the unit?.. as in what speed it is moving right now?

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Current movement speed doesn't change if a unit stands or moves. It's the current movespeed in case the unit would move.

Code:
Stuck Issue order
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set TempGroup[0] = (Units in (Entire map) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup[0] and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To (Center of Regions[(Integer((Mana of (Picked unit))))]))
Why not like that? Simply ordering every unit of Player Brown.

Lord_Kakashi

Reaction score
Current movement speed doesn't change if a unit stands or moves. It's the current movespeed in case the unit would move.

Code:
Stuck Issue order
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set TempGroup[0] = (Units in (Entire map) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown))
Why not like that? Simply ordering every unit of Player Brown.

could do that i guess.. just wanted it to be only for those who weren't moving.. but i guess that's just making it more difficult for myself?..

New Question: Can you use positions as conditions?...

addeownage

Reaction score
found a solution doood!!

Code:
Set fgh[0] = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)) and ((Current order of (Matching unit)) Not equal to (Order(move)))))

Lord_Kakashi

Reaction score
found a solution doood!!

Code:
Set fgh[0] = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)) and ((Current order of (Matching unit)) Not equal to (Order(move)))))

will this work if they have ALREADY been ordered to move somewhere, but are stuck for some reason?

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
I think you can't do loc1 = Loc2, but this should work:

Code:
    Event
    Condition
        (X of Location1) equal to (X of Location2)
        (Y of Location1) equal to (Y of Location2)
    ACtions

Lord_Kakashi

Reaction score
if they stand still it means they do not currently have a moving order.... at least try it :)

Works like a charm, thanks for the quick thinking there ;)
Since I think putting ALL units on the map into a unit group every 4 seconds and issuing orders to them will make some people lag a bit..

I like this a bit more :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.