Space Invaders

S

Swilo

Anybody wanna help make a space invaders map?
If you've played the scenario map "The Death Sheep" you know there's already a nice layout for what I'm thinking of.
It would be mostly timed triggers.
Maybe it could even be a competetive version, where 4 people play at once for the highest score in 5 minutes or whatever. Then the players swap so the other 4 can try, with the first 4 becoming observers. Maybe make it a tournament where the top 4 out of 8 play each other for the championship.
Yes, I know I'm insane.

N

Neo_HoJo

I'll help, but I disagree that it will be mostly in timing, Vars and Regions will be the largest part about it.
Here's how you can start, make the layout, then i'll get back to you with the regions (if i can get worldedit working again, it's been phreeking on me).
Next, have the HP of every enemy, 1 hp per guy, then send it to me and i'll get back to you with the bullet and a trigger to fire the gun. After these are done, we can deliberate on what to do.

S

Swilo

Timed triggers for timers. Vars for directions. Kill detection for points.

N

Neo_HoJo

Originally posted by Dante Hicks
My name's Dante and i'm the biggest idiot ever.

Tell me where you think the timers would go between. Let's compile a list of vars that we'd need. As for the Kill detection, all we need to do is have a display of how many kills one has had.

An idea i had would be to have many people going at either the same time or different times.

I'm sorry to contradict myself, but i believe that a game of Galaga would be better. If you remember- the only difference is in space invaders, there's so many lines of enemies that slowly swivel towards you, but in Galaga, the enemies shoot every so often and dive at you, returning to the end of the screen. I'll start right now on it.

One more thing- if you wanna get an object editor so that we can put custom units in, that would be sweet.

S

Swilo

I'd love to know where that quote came from. If it was any sort of attack on anybody here you can basically consider yourself banned.

Apparently you're too young to know what space invaders is, so just forget you even know this forum exists.

N

Neo_HoJo

yeah, i admit i'm a bit too young for space invaders I played it last when i was 6, and the quote's from Clerks the animated series

G

marine building

hojo i have a problem. I want to build a map where the only ppl u can use r the starcraft ones. I dont know how to put on any starcraft characters or make buildings that are able to build starcraft characters if u could help me i would really appriciate it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.