Special effects getting missaligned when attached to "head"

Marsmallos

Reaction score
Heya
I am making a spell called "Breath of fire". The mechanics of the spells are not important, but basicly it will look like the caster is belching a trail of flame when the spell is cast. That is to say, a stream of fire that begins at the casters mouth ("head" attachment point).

I have found a great Blizzard made fire trail model but when I attach it to the head of my Forest Troll model caster, it is always too much to the right (if you look in the same direction as the troll), for some reason it is not centered on the head.

I have tried with several custom made fire trails as well, but there is always the same problem, the fire trail emitts from to far to the right instead of from the head.

A trigger (yes I know it is very leaky but it is only done to test the special effect so I can figure out why it is emitting from the right side of the head instead of from the center of (in front of) the head):

Code:
Janalai Boss Flame Breath
    Events
        Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the head of JANALAI using Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\FlameThrower\FlameThrowerSpawnObj.mdl
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the head of JANALAI using Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\FlameThrower\FlameThrowerSpawnObj.mdl
        Wait 0.50 seconds
        Wait 0.50 seconds

I have attached some screenshots showing my problem (in one of the screenshots I have marked where the fire trail emits, and as you can clearly see, it is coming from the right side of the head instead of from the center of the head):

EDIT: lol seems like I am repeating the same phrase over and over but, sorry I am tired, probably my english is also a bit wierd at this time of night :p It is coming from the right side of the head instead of from the center of/in front of the head, d'you hear???? ;)

TyrealFEAR

Reaction score
did it occur to you that maybie the Model isnt centered correctly could be causeing the problem?
idk i just a nub

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
your problem is very simple, the attachment point "Head" of the troll model is just messed up, use another model and try it again.

Marsmallos

Reaction score
your problem is very simple, the attachment point "Head" of the troll model is just messed up, use another model and try it again.

Thanks, good to know... however it is vital that there is a troll that is using this ability (I mean, there cannot be anything else than a troll who use it).

Any way I can edit this model so the head attachment point gets into the right position?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well i guess. i dunno if you know how to use a model editor but of course its possible to change the attachment point.

Marsmallos

Reaction score
well i guess. i dunno if you know how to use a model editor but of course its possible to change the attachment point.

hah doubting my intelligence, are you?

Bad jokes aside, I think I know how. I have had, i think it is magos? model editor for a while and I know most of the basic features by now. If I discover that I dont know how to do it I hope I can find some tutorials ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.