Tutorial Speed Up Your Map Making

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well I've got a tip that I recently discovered that made mapping a lot quicker for me (At least when coding spells).

First, try to learn about locals in JASS. Then, when making a spell in GUI, don't try to make it MUI or MPI. Use the global variables to make things easier if you are a real begginer in JASS and only no how to make locals and replace globals with them but if you know how to type things like (Triggering Unit) in JASS then don't put in the globals. Next, convert the finished spell into custom script. Create the required locals at the start of the required functions, set them to what you have/would've set the globals to and then replace all the global variables/default variables with your locals. Lastly, delete all the globals that you aren't using anymore.

This is a lot faster than trying to make a really complex spell MUI usig loops, extra globals ect, uses less variables (In most cases) and is good practise for starting to learn JASS.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Yes, I agree I actually used global variables to represent a local when it is still in its GUI form. After converting it into its JASS form it would be a lot easier to replace the global variables with locals. I'll squeeze it in the main post.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
doomed_necromancer.jpg

Why do we have so many tutorials waiting to be approved? Shouldn't they be either graveyarded or approved, not left for 6 months so someone can necro it?

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
hahaha just posted since it was revived anyway.....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.