Spell damage: Attribute X #

Jonhpath

Reaction score
Ok i need something verry specific. Ive seen the demo map on this site about a year ago but its not here anymore (yes, i tried search). Here is what i need:

A trigger that look like this

FireStorm
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to FireStorm
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Target point of ability being cast)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
Then - Actions
Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (((Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 1.50) + 25.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
Else - Actions

Euh.... Finaly i think i got it but its not tested so if you can make somethijng that do like this but in beter it would realy help my in my RPG.
( my rpg is still Alpha state but if you wan to be a tester just email me to [email protected] )

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Um, what do you need?

That trigger will work just fine o.o. The only thing you need to do is to walk through the gobs of pop-up boxes to enter it in :).

However, you are leaking a unit group (the pick every unit in section), search up a memory leak tutorial, and you can patch that real fast.

insaneownage

Reaction score
Code:
Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Target point of ability being cast)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (((Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 1.50) + 25.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
                    Else - Actions

should be

Code:
    Actions
        Set temp_Group = (Units within 500.00 of (Target point of ability being cast))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_Group and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                    Then - Actions
                    Else - Actions
        Custom script:    call DestroyGroup (udg_temp_Group)

balnazar

Reaction score
It will work but not always. If the caster moves just after beginning to cast the ability he will not pay any mana and thus not really cast the spell but the trigger will start and will damage the area. Make the event like this:

Event - A unit starts the effect of an ability

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.