Spell that doesn't interrupt movement?

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
How can i make a spell, point targeted, that wouldn't interrupt movement. Example:

The hero is running from point A to point B. Point C is the point between point A and B. At point C the hero decides to shoot at a random point in anywhere. I want it so that he would shoot, and he would continue moving to point B.

I was thinking about doing it so that when i cast a spell, a dummy unit actually casts it, but i'm not sure what to base the main castable spell.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Is he going to cast it automatically when he reaches point C or are the user supposed to use it when he reaches it? If it's the first then just trigger it when he reaches the point.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Is he going to cast it automatically when he reaches point C or are the user supposed to use it when he reaches it? If it's the first then just trigger it when he reaches the point.

Hes supposed to use it, if it was the first, i wouldn't even need to ask ^_^

@Hildargan

The problem is, i want it to aim. That's the whole idea.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Well in that case, base it of any target ground ability and when he uses it order him to keep move to point B?

The Undaddy

Creating with the power of rage
Reaction score
I only know that berserk does not interrupt orders,and berserk is no-target.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
but the unit will stop to cast berserk and after finishing the skill go further. I think he want the unit to not stop the movement anytime and i dont know of such a spell

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Man, you can't do that. He is proceeding with a given order. If you order him to do something else, he can't remember that.
It's like going up the stairs while moving down at the same time.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
but the unit will stop to cast berserk and after finishing the skill go further. I think he want the unit to not stop the movement anytime and i dont know of such a spell

Both berserk and windwalk have absolutely zero cast time, and do not interrupt any issued order. Even channeled spells.

Sadly, they aren't point target.

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I have an idea, although I'm not going to test it..

Have a variable/trigger that always stores your Hero's most recent Order (except the Order of your special spell!) and then...

Event:
Unit is issued an order targetting a point

Condition:
Issue ordered is (your spell)

Action:
Order unit to (the previous order)
Create Dummy Unit,
Order Dummy Unit to cast... etc.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
rofl, I was gonna' say that - to keep the recent orders and once you finish casting, it moves again. But you would still be interrupted. That's the same thing as activating the skill, then moving again yourself, excluding the "yoursefl" part. :)

If you base it off a spell that requires no target, you could trigger it so that the ability automatically creates a target point, for example, to the left of the caster. So if you're running, then you press "Shoot Left" for example, it will shoot something out at the left, and you'd still be moving. You wouldn't be able to aim in-game, but you could preset it. Or you could make it so that you can choose the direction with like text or a key.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Aha!
Thinking a while, and I got it.

Make it a 2-click cast. Or two-key, for hotkeys.

Cast 1: berserk. Upon casting brings up a fake unit. Any orders issued to the fake unit is issued to your hero. Like a move order, or attack order. The fake unit is in the corner of the map, has 1 ms, and melee range. Also, it has the skill that you want to cast.
When the ability is cast from the fake unit, a dummy unit is created at the position of the hero, and casts the ability.

Huh, mine's actually very similar to the two above me. o_O

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.