Spell trigger/floating text constant moves upwards

Jayykob

Reaction score
I'm creating a spell Which does more damage the bigger the difference between the attacking unit and the attacked units mana:
Trigger:
  • Oversmart
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) has Oversmart ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Overrumpled Effect <gen> the event (Unit - (Attacked unit) Takes damage)

Trigger:
  • Overrumpled Effect
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Damage source) has buff Overrumpled ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing ((0.01 + (0.03 x (Real((Level of Oversmart for (Damage source)))))) x (Abs(((Mana of (Damage source)) - (Mana of (Triggering unit)))))) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Magic
      • Set damageVari = (Damage taken)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the head of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Weapons\DragonHawkMissile\DragonHawkMissile.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(damageVari)) above (Attacked unit) with Z offset 10.00, using font size 10.00, color (75.00%, 40.00%, 85.00%), and 25.00% transparency
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
      • Wait 0.40 seconds
      • Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)

When activating this ability even when i cast a spell basen on frost arrows, it shows bonus damage = 00.000 :banghead: how to deactivate this?
And How do I do to make the text constantly move up some units before removing? Like Impetus bonus damage it shows (+x) dmg:confused:
Rep ++ if anyone can help me :p

millz-

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set Random_Chance_Perc = (Random integer number between 1 and 1000)
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • Random_Chance_Perc Less than or equal to 200
      • Then - Actions
        • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Player - Set (Player((Integer A))) Current gold to (((Player((Integer A))) Current gold) + (Random integer number between (Level of (Triggering unit)) and ((Level of (Triggering unit)) x (3 / 2)))))
        • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (+ + ((String(((Level of (Triggering unit)) x (3 / 2)))) + Gold)) above (Triggering unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 7.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Else - Actions
        • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads +0 Gold above (Triggering unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 7.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
    • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 20.00 towards 90.00 degrees
    • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
    • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
    • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
    • Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)

This is what I have in my map, basically you just need the last 5 lines

as for math part, try changing (Damage source) to (Attacking Unit)

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
the zeroes you get is because real values get decimals numbers:
An integer stores a value like this: Int=5 you get 5
A real value stores a value like this: Real=5 you get 5.000(five with 3 decimals)

Trigger:
  • Part of my spell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String(Damage))) above (Attacking unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 9.50, color 10%, 10%, 10%, and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 0.20 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 0.20 seconds

This is the thing you need exactly ( not the color and transparency ) without leaks and other things
And it's not so odd like millz- wrote :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.