Spore Editors + SC2?

chanta45

Reaction score
Haha before you all freak out, just think about the concept for a second.

I'm sure you all have heard of Spore the new game thats coming out that features a whole bunch of editors, ranging from the creature editor to the vehicle editor to the building editor and so on and so forth. Now each of these models only take a very small amount of memory to do procedural generation. This would keep the map size low and allow everyone to create custom models with relative ease!

Now I know this won't be implemented in starcraft 2, but hey we can dream right?

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
could be pretty cool, but so far i havn't seen anything but ugly animals/monsters

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
That could be rather awesome, but like konerman mentioned, they look to cartoonish.

chanta45

Reaction score
Well thats because the vehicle editor hasn't been released :p And like the cartoonish style has become spores style, but with some tweaking you could easily give attachments that have the nitty gritty feel of starcraft. Would be cool!

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I give you 3 thumbs up for the idea.

Because i have a lot of Unit ideas that require such an editor

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
They should just have a model editing program available to the modding community once the game is released.... and what I mean by that is one that actually works and allows people to create models of the SC2 file type without major issues (unlike warcraft 3 where modelling is a pain in the ass coz the tools work like s@#%!)

Valve released a version of the modelling program they used for Half-Life 2 to the public, so it shouldn't be a big issue for blizzard to do the same.

With a modelling tool that works you can create whatever you wan't, it doesn't have to be restricted to sets of googly eyes and insect legs.

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
Haha before you all freak out, just think about the concept for a second.

I'm sure you all have heard of Spore the new game thats coming out that features a whole bunch of editors, ranging from the creature editor to the vehicle editor to the building editor and so on and so forth. Now each of these models only take a very small amount of memory to do procedural generation. This would keep the map size low and allow everyone to create custom models with relative ease!

Now I know this won't be implemented in starcraft 2, but hey we can dream right?

SPORE is the worse game i ever played!

game for 3 y o children...

even dont put "SPORE" word in one topic with SC2, its a shame

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
Think about the extended possibilities; the more you do in SC2, the more you can add to certain tanks/goliaths (after designing their hulls and traction systems); the same for Toss. Then Zerg... well I don't think it needs to be said!

Of course, this would/could completely offset the balance of Starcraft.

chanta45

Reaction score
@Murdermode

The googly eyes and insect legs are a result of EA's style, not the limitations of the engine, the people at blizzard could make some REALLY neat stuff.

@Chao

Not so much the aspect I was looking at but that would be neat, I just mean for map makers and everything like that.

@CEMEHbl4

FAIL

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
It sounds like a neat idea. But it should not be just as cudly as the spore editor is.
Then they would need some features:
Unique parts for each race
Special abilities for each separate race
and so on..
Else if it would be a blend between the two directly they could just rename it cudlecraft and while their at it throw in a little black and white aswell and the result is:

Code:
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="White"]CudleCraftWhite ed.[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]CudleCraftBlack ed.[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"][COLOR="Gray"]CudleCraftGrey ed.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
istar... you've given me a mission, i was bored w/ spore... now i know what i must do.

istar

Reaction score
glad i can be of help, but whats your mission? i am under the impression that all starcraft units, protoss zerg and terran have already been made in spore
you can try wc3 units though

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
Meh, just because it's been done doesn't mean it won't be fun to do on my own :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.