Votes: 8 11.0%

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • 5 Awsome

Votes: 39 53.4%

• Total voters

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
I thought they got a Cease and Desist Order from Blizzard to stop doing the StarCraft wc3 conversion...?

darth-yoda

Reaction score
They should still increase it to 6Mb at LEAST.

That would take my internet at least 30 mins to download(proly 45 :eek: ). Hurray for Dial-up :p

Edit: we are a little off-topic

Reaction score
I personally recommend you to use some of the space for SC icons, cause most of the WC3 icons aren't so fitting to it :) Also, I didn't try it, but I have a question; does the armor work in WC3 way or in SC way? I mean, in WC3 it's just a percentage off and in SC it's plainly -1 damage taken per armor (if I remember right :rolleyes: )

S

SlasherXpert

Models over icons I say
Who cares about having loads of icons if theres lots of missing models???

night_wolveX

Reaction score
I could probably add both models and icons to the maps, the only problem is the lack of abilty and upgrade icons which have been made atm. I did make a few of my own icons for my maps but they were all made from pictures i just converted to icon form. I couldnt create my own icons from scratch but im still looking into finding icons from other maps or projects starcraft related.

Geelottaja
Unfortunately the armor system is wc3 based, this is due to me being unable to change the % system to the classic starcraft point system. Unless its a editor based setting i have to leave it as is, and does change how effective some of the units appear during the gameplay.

Luth
For luth's question i believe you are talking about the Command and Conquer Generals Starcraft mod Starkiller. Which has suspended development for unknown reasons. I havent had blizzard contact me every and i dout they would need to as my maps require a blizzard product to play and custom maps arnt a complete modification like PR and Starkiller are.

darth-yoda

Reaction score
Icons on adverage only take 6-10kb. If you can find some then it realy wont hurt you file limit unless you fined 40 of them you just gatta have :p

Reaction score
Yeah, if I were you, I would import icons to the stuff that have nothing even close to them in the basic WC3 icons (like stimpacks, things like burrow already have good icons). The armor system could be based on the mountain giants ability that reduces all damage taken by 12. Some work on the ability and there you have the armor system from SC :)

H

hey its X

ive heard of something called the wc3 optimizer, ive never seen it myself but i heard it reduces a maps file size 0.o

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck with this night_wolvex

I already told you what I thought on wc3campaigns (even though it got rejected).

Are you really sure you reduced the skins' size enough ? If you never did, do it now, but if you already did try reducing even more. I suggest Warcraft3 viewer to do so.

Regarding the armor reduction and stuff... You might want to ask the maker of Starcraft Zone Control. His system seems to work. But if you succeed, could you tell me how to contact him ? I got a question to ask him...

night_wolveX

Reaction score
Well fulla, im still trying to decide what new units i can add with my current amount of available same left and avilable tech tree buildings each race has. I could easily add templars into the maps, but the main problem with adding templars is i cant create another MP bar separate to the Shield MP bar. So if i was to add the High templar in is when you use an ability like psionic storm you'll also be reducing your shield power. This will make the templar easiler to kill during battles and not only that i dont have any good templar abiltiies i can use. Lucklier i have now found perfect templar abilities from Daxtreme Starcraft Blood maps and ive asked him for permission to acquire the abilties from him and add them to my maps if i add the templar at all.

Another problem i have is, zerg and terran need their missing units just as much as protoss do. Zerg have a major air issues against terran and protoss atm and i really want to add scourge units or devourers but those units have been made yet and then there is all the terran players screaming for me to add goliaths and ghost. As ive said in earlier post im waiting for the acathla project to release the new maps and hopefully provide me with excellent quality materials.

Fulla

Evil Overlord
Reaction score
Shadow123 made a shield system, submitted on wc3sear.ch/wc3.campaigns

Its very advanced, does not use mana but creates a shield bar above te unit.
It also has an "armor" system wich could be used for upgrades.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Contribute your Shield System here as well. The more who see it the better.

WorpeX

Reaction score
I thought they got a Cease and Desist Order from Blizzard to stop doing the StarCraft wc3 conversion...?

Blizzard knows and is fine with project revolutions. It is still running.

This map on the other hand, if blizzard finds out will most likely get shut down immediatly. PR is allowed because it needs both sc games to play it.

Your map is great and all, but I dont think it can stand up to PR. PR has also been featured in big magazines like PC Gamer. So popularity wise, its got the upper hand. It also has the upper hand in graphics.

http://www.wc3campaigns.net/revolution/index.php

ss_final2_876_th.jpg

ss_final_137_th.jpg

night_wolveX

Reaction score
PR wont last

WorpeX i dont care about what you think my maps when comparing my work to PR. Im a one man project whereas they have 12 ppl working for them. I have had to work and spend thousands of hours looking at maps and adding in complex triggers to get my maps to this point. Yes PR will be better everyone can see that u idoit but from the looks of the slow progress PR has had over the past 5 years i cant even be bothered waiting for the blusted thing to come out.

I have spent the last few months trying to find people to help me further the maps development but modellers seem to be in short supply lately and most have moved beyond Starcraft model requests. Im also restricted by blizzard with custom map sizes which if u compared my work to PR alpha map Samuro Lost Temple my maps are far superior model wise and triggers. As im sure your aware PR is only creating a conversion of Starcraft BW with no new units to be added to create a new type of Starcraft game but the same old Starcraft but with better graphics. Some of u may be happpy with this but im not i want to use new units and better abilties hence was my first plan for my maps.

As for Blizzard, well the fact im using Warcraft III to run the maps a blizzard product and the fact its a custom map which blizzard doesnt condone in allowing they wouldnt have any right to shut me down. My maps have been visible to the public for 4 years now and i can assure you WorpeX i have many many people who know and love my maps they way they are. I am still hosting my maps to more people everyday and they all tell me its the best maps project ever. When PR is eventually released we will see how many ppl can be bothered to install and not play wc3 anymore. Then you can tell me if im wrong.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.