• 3 Adverage

Votes: 8 11.0%

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • 5 Awsome

Votes: 39 53.4%

• Total voters

WorpeX

Reaction score
I ment nothing offensive in my post, you didnt need to flip on me. Actually I said nothing in my post that was offensive at all and I even said your map was great. I was simply stating other facts as well. Blizzard has shut down projects like this in the past (one for C&C Generals not long ago, for obvious reasons.). Although this is a blizzard game they still may or may not allow it because it is so closely related to the sc series.

Besides that, you can still play Wc3 if you have PR installed. In fact, PR might have its own b.net.

stavious

Reaction score
Didn't Blizzard order PR to stop making the mod? And now some other team called SnowFlake are doing it but Blizzard hasn't said nothing to them yet? That's what I heard :eek: .

night_wolveX

Reaction score
well WorpeX i find it offensive to compare my custom made sc maps to PR's conversion modification. Thats y i was offened by ur comments. I hate PR with a passion, Im sry but their mod although it may be good has been compared to my work since i began and they have not once gave me any positive feedback from any of the teammembers or PR fans even when i posted my maps project on their forums website. PR have even had my project banned from 2 wesbites accusing me of stealling material from them, for such a better mod they sure kicked a fit worried about my maps project.

The difference between Starkiller was it was a modification for CnC generals, which isnt a blizzard product, it is also going to be ran simiular to how PR mod will be run in the sense ull be like installing an expansion set like Frozen throne ontop wc3. It will have its own menu's and possibly its own bnet server, so unless alot of people start playing it online it might not get off the ground much, i dunno.

S

SlasherXpert

I have a goliath model and a Goliath rockets(to hit air units) model which look pretty good. I think I could maybe (I said maybe) find a ghost model somewere but I'll have to search wc3sear.ch a lot.

I attached the goliath and it's rockets to this post so if you want to download it...

Attachments

• goliath.zip
    167.3 KB · Views: 290
S

SlasherXpert

Umm is night wolf even here? Please post something to tell us your still alive and moddin'!

night_wolveX

Reaction score
Im still here guys

Im still here, i aint going anywhere, sry i havent posted any new news lately as there isnt anything to tell. So far most of my updating int going anywhere :( Im doing my best to think of things to fix but there are many there as u guys know and thinking of ways to fix them is doing my head in and i give up as i cant make any kind of difference atm.

I even tried making some new icons but what i want in the icons i cant make myself and am looking for an expert icon maker but still no interests atm:(. Sc Sounds was my next atempt but again i need a way to reduce quality in a wav file without having to rip into mp3:(

I am though hosting my maps daily and could use ur support and feedback online more then ever, so make sure to come online and look for my games, you can even add my alias night_wolveX to find out when im online or not.

I will get around to the updates i promise its just alot of big things are happening in my life atm and my main focus is on that.

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
I'm sorry if asked/posted before but - hows about resource collection system.
Seems to me that the resources have to be reversed(are they?). :)
For example gaz has to be extracted from gold mine and minerals from trees(change the tree model?)

night_wolveX

Reaction score
Yes thats exactly right matrix, To keep the exactly same style of resource gathering i had to do that but to a Starcraft player where the resources are on the top of the screen doest matter just as long as u have plenty of resources to buy units.

S

SlasherXpert

I say it ONCE MORE: I have a goliath model with missiles for goliath which I attached on the other page (3 I think) and I would like if you could make a goliath unit because it's very needed.

As for sounds you can use the system Chocobo posted which uses .midi files.
Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34528&highlight=midi

I have a nuke missile and silo models too but you will need to find the ghost model.

And do you use USEast or USWest? I use USEast(Azeroth).

night_wolveX

Reaction score
SlasherXpert im sry but that goliath model isnt good enough to be added to my maps project. It is for 1 a average quality model with bad animations and it is very large size wise. It also doesnt fit in with the rest of the models alrdy in the maps and thats y i want to wait for a better model to be made b4 i add to project.

As for the sound file forum you sent me i have alrdy sent a msg to chocobo asking for assistance but after re-reading the guide im not sure i can implement into my maps project. Becuz in order for the MIDI to work u need to edit the wc3.reg and if u dont it wont work so unless everyone starts doing it i dont think itll work. But still chocobo might prove me otherwise so fingers are crossed over here for now.

I always play on the Lordaeron US(west) servers so i hope some of you guys will join me sometime and see the real excitment of my maps with me.

S

SlasherXpert

If you would have read the posts by chocobo more in-depth you would have known that warcraft already has .midi files in the game so everyone can play them, you only need to edit the registry to make world editor allow you to import midi files. Download the file he gave you, double-click the wc3.reg and then go to Start>Run and type: regedit.
A window will open up.
Then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainement\Warcraft III
If you double-clicked the wc3.reg file then it should have added "Allow Local Files" to the Warcraft III "folder".
Double-click "Allow Local Files" and set the value data to 1 (ON).

It should (in theory) let you import midi files and play them.
As for transfering mp3/wave files to midi files you can get programs off a google search (I think). I personnally have "Sound Forge" which can do many things (I hope it can do that too but I am not 100% sure as i've not tried yet)

I hope this answers your questions.

night_wolveX

Reaction score
Lastest News

Thanx to SlasherXpert, ive began researching into adding in Starcraft sounds using chocobo's MIDI tutorial. Atm he is helping me convert and add the sounds to see if everyhting is possible and i hope to hear back from him soon. Other then that not much more to tell im still working on new triggers and systems and im still testing old maps (current versions) looking glitches and errors which i hope to fix in new versions.

S

SlasherXpert

I have a way to add the nuclear silo and the cosmat center with the command centers.
Use a trigger that will create the unit offset by like 50 or 100 (X axis) and make the building play it's build animation.
You can use that for the machine shop and the thing attached to the starport.

S

SlasherXpert

I would also suggest adding a -noair mode which would make the air stuff unbuildable since they can get very CHEAP.

Here's the coding to make a noair trigger
Code:
noair
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -noair as An exact match
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Player - Make Terran Dropship Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
                Player - Make Terran Battlecruiser Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
                Player - Make Terran Wraith Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
                Player - Make Zerg Mutalisk Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
                Player - Make Protoss Carrier Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
                Player - Make Protoss Observer Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
                Player - Make Protoss Scout Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
                Player - Make Protoss Shuttle Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)
                Player - Make Protoss Interceptor Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)

I don't know how to make researches unavailible but if u can add a trigger to make the overlord upgrades un-researchable.

S

samuro

night_wolveX said:
Hey guys,

Woa, thanx everyone for all your positive feedback on my project. Even tho its only 65% - 70% complete you still are rating in 5/5 :) . Im already at work on the new improvements and updates at the moment and hopefully fix any annoying bugs still left in the maps. I also might be able to add 1 or 2 units depending on their model and skins sizes and whether i have the right tech tree for it as well. You will just have to wait till im done to find out.

N......... But make sure to give credits if u do so.

Hi Night Wolve maybe you thought i never would see this, but hey u took all those models from me!!! i made them together with Killstar i started this map a long time ago and we did the starcraft LT map!!! so maybe u forgot to give us credits? we uploaded models and maps an www.wc3sear. and i still have a lot more of them we never could put in all we had because we had a B-net maplimit of 4 mb.

I made those MODELS i made the first MOD all others like u just took our stuff and worked with it!

so say sorry and give me and killstar credit!

I

Ident1ty

Found a goliath, and its only 100kb. The one slasherx posted was 114 so I'm pretty sure it's a different one. It also looks really nice, but again I never did get to see the one Slasherx loaded up so I'm not sure if it is even better quality. :(

The extra KB is probably from it being compressed, it might load as 100kb once you extract it into the map. *crosses fingers*

Attachments

• goliath.zip
    167.3 KB · Views: 301
S

SlasherXpert

Oh this is the one that looks retarded.
I saw it in the wc3sear.ch but I thought it looked just too stupid and not at all like the terran goliath.

*EDIT*>>samuro
I don't get why you are so stressed about the fact that he used your models, no need to get aggressive and DEMAND credits, you could simply state that you made the models and maybe bring a proof?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
From the guy's posts I have read I am pretty sure the he will credit you if he is supposed to. You guys don't have to credit us for any help you get here though :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.