Chuff

Reaction score
so you wont have to do the following:
if/then/else
if: Integer less than or equal to 0
then: set Integer to 0
else:
do nothing

The problem is that often we want the number to go below zero, so this is unavoidable.

BTW, has anyone mentioned that the tinting colour should start in the middle, so that we can ADD red/green/blue instead of just taking it away? Sometimes we want units to be lighter than the original ;)

Also (as far as I'm aware) you can't make a unit look like a tree (or many other destructibles for that matter) in the Wc3 editor, as the destructible has a 'replaceable texture file' field whereas units do not. What's up with that?

Chuff

Reaction score
Has anyone suggested a better way of finding the host of a multiplayer game? It's a problem that can only vaguely be solved using JASS in Wc3, but would be quite useful. Hopefully blizzard will add a simple function for it.

Ice Bane

Reaction score
Has anyone suggested a better way of finding the host of a multiplayer game? It's a problem that can only vaguely be solved using JASS in Wc3, but would be quite useful. Hopefully blizzard will add a simple function for it.

I cant remember seeing that but probably blizzard have thought of that already :)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Lots and lots of custom values! I like using custom values, it makes stuff easier.
That's possible in Wc3 using hashtables and the handle id of the unit as a key.

'Multiple Custom Values' per unit would suck in the sense that they won't actually achieve anything more than what the current ones have. There'll still be a chance of getting the value overwritten in another trigger, just a slimmer one. :p

Ice Bane

Reaction score
'Multiple Custom Values' per unit would suck in the sense that they won't actually achieve anything more than what the current ones have. There'll still be a chance of getting the value overwritten in another trigger, just a slimmer one. :p

Well I've been in situations where more than one custom value would be very good, ofc you can overwrite old ones but what if you want to store several values within a unit?

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
Well I've been in situations where more than one custom value would be very good, ofc you can overwrite old ones but what if you want to store several values within a unit?

Variable[(Custom value of (unit))]

Give each unit their own custom value on map entering, and remove the value's of dead units.

There you go.

Ice Bane

Reaction score
Variable[(Custom value of (unit))]

Give each unit their own custom value on map entering, and remove the value's of dead units.

There you go.

You don't image how stupid those lines made me feel, how akward I've been about this and now you solve it so easily! xD

Thanks anyway! :)

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
My wish, creep camps get revamped, and general neutral AI beefed up a bit.

Chuff

Reaction score
I'm gonna scream if I cant generate some real terrain with triggers. Imagine how many cool maps could be made if we could generate cliffs?

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm gonna scream if I cant generate some real terrain with triggers. Imagine how many cool maps could be made if we could generate cliffs?
I think the video from blizzcon 2009 showed that creating terrain deformation by trigger (and spell) is possible.

Chuff

Reaction score
Something else I thought of, which isn't necessarily to do with the world editor, is why isn't there a description of the map on the 'start game' screen of battle.net? (i.e. the screen where players join your game)

I'm so sick of people joining custom maps and asking "what do i do in this game" -.-"

Also, does Blizzard know this thread exists? I have a feeling someone posted a link to it but I couldn't find a similar 'editor suggestions' thread on the battle.net forums (well, apart from a few short unofficial ones). Can anyone provide a link to such on thread on battle.net if it exists?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.