http://www.biggercheese.com/starcraft2.png
http://img.lenta.ru/news/2006/08/26/starcraft/picture.jpg
zerg_attack02.jpg

WOOT
The graphics are much MUCH better.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
at first I was disappointed at the graphics, since there are games out now with better graphics

but the more I look the cooler it looks

I love how it seems almost cartoony but bad ass at the same time, and the colors are so vibrant and beautiful, and the effects look so neat

but you all must remember, even if the graphics are not as realistic as other games, the gameplay itself will still be amazing, as it is with all blizz games

btw when is the release?

A

Atreides

If the gameplay is good, then its all good as long as the graphics are at least good and not painful to the eyes.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Hm... graphics? Gameplay?
You're all forgetting the actually important thing here: Zerg.

Yes, of course, I know just perfectly well why no one likes them: they don't speak English.
But, whatever, the world needs more Zerg. Simple really.

Tonks

Reaction score

Yes, of course, I know just perfectly well why no one likes them: they don't speak English.

Couldn't agree more.

M

Marduke

So who's gonna be the first to make DotZ (Defense of the Zerg) ?

M

Marduke

Your kidding?

I wonder if there gonna add Hero's to the game....they should at least have some sort of commanding unit

I doubt it, Starcraft hasn't ever really been about that - just really Army vs Army. Atleast that's what my wife tells me (she used to own at SC).

Considering the World Editor will probably be even better than WC3 - it should be easy as hell to create your own 'Heroes' (Experience, abilities, etc).

Would be nice if Blizzard made Hero units for custom game makers though.

RedOrb

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score

Blizzard spend so much time on making the graphics, ultimately stylistic and perfectly formed, then someone trolls forums saying they prefer cnc..
the 'word' cnc just doesnt belong in the same paragraph as sc2.

re: heroes, sc 1 had a kill count system on every unit capable of attack that logged kills. I always wondered why they'd do this. I think if they give every unit capable of attack some kind of way to improve, then it would be nice. Not exactly hero stuff, but would discourage ppl spamming build queues non-stop.. perhaps.. sc1 had problems imo, even though it was legendary. my final word is that I love sc2 already.
p.s.The fact they say they are releasing a 'Full' map editor, means a lot too :D

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
heroes, sc 1 had a kill count system on every unit capable of attack that logged kills. I always wondered why they'd do this. I think if they give every unit capable of attack some kind of way to improve, then it would be nice. Not exactly hero stuff, but would discourage ppl spamming build queues non-stop.. perhaps.. sc1 had problems imo, even though it was legendary. my final word is that I love sc2 already.
p.s.The fact they say they are releasing a 'Full' map editor, means a lot too :D

True, what they should have is when a unit kills so many enemies they get slightly stronger, more damage, speed, health, etc... That would be epic. But of course you can't make it to good, just a little thing that makes enough of a difference.

If they have heroes, they should only be in the editor and not game play, or in editor have a field "is hero".

RedOrb

Reaction score
True, what they should have is when a unit kills so many enemies they get slightly stronger, more damage, speed, health, etc... That would be epic. But of course you can't make it to good, just a little thing that makes enough of a difference.

If they have heroes, they should only be in the editor and not game play, or in editor have a field "is hero".

Yeah, exactly what i was thinking re unit kills..
I think the hero concept would die, if the unit kill system existed, and ppl wouldnt care for it, but thats my o.

IF*! I had one problem with initial glimpses.. its those protoss walkers.. looking far too much like the boring war of the worlds walkers.. dragoons were sexi bitches, dont need big fuckers... if there is reasonable justification and background to the introduction of such units, you will find my mouth shut.

M

Marduke

If DotA does at least one good thing for the map-making community - it will be that SC2 World Editor will have WAY more options and support than presented in Warcraft 3.

Partly I think it's because Starcraft 2 will also use JASS as it's scripting language ...But also because I think Blizzard sees how popular custom maps can become - players can create amazing content - more than they could ever do themselves - so why not do the best you can to enable the players to do so? I think they've realized this and are very dedicated to providing the best tools possible.

Blizzard hosts DotA tournaments, that alone shows their understanding of what custom games can be.

RedOrb

Reaction score
If DotA does at least one good thing for the map-making community - it will be that SC2 World Editor will have WAY more options and support than presented in Warcraft 3.

Partly I think it's because Starcraft 2 will also use JASS as it's scripting language ...But also because I think Blizzard sees how popular custom maps can become - players can create amazing content - more than they could ever do themselves - so why not do the best you can to enable the players to do so? I think they've realized this and are very dedicated to providing the best tools possible.

Blizzard hosts DotA tournaments, that alone shows their understanding of what custom games can be.

They probably realised this after the release of the original staredit ^^. More games are doing this now, like Littlebigplanet. Blizz saying they releasing a 'full' editor I think means we can expect, the most powerful tool on the market yet.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Hopefully the GUI or what ever the base of the triggers will be, will have memory leak cleaning up and locals integrated into it more. (and other good things, make it easier on beginner editers and you won'y have to learn as much JASS lol)

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score

I hate Zerg. Join Confederate Marine corps to fight 'em back!

FIGHT.jpg

(Hint, I'm on the Terran side)

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Blizzard spend so much time on making the graphics, ultimately stylistic and perfectly formed, then someone trolls forums saying they prefer cnc..
the 'word' cnc just doesnt belong in the same paragraph as sc2.

Personally, I think CnC is more of an RTS legend than the SC series. So in a way, I agree, 'cnc' and 'sc' dont belong in the same sentence.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.