Starcraft 2 question

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
I've heard from different places that Starcraft2 will have Heroes in the Galaxy editor but not in games, and other places say thats just a rumor and that wont happen.. Any one know if it's true that Starcraft2 will have Heroes in the Galaxy editor?

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Heroes will exist in the story mode, so yes, they will exist in the editor. It's unknown if they'll be there with the beta version of the editor, though.

sLsIDK

Reaction score
Does it really matter?

With how extensive the editor is supposed to be, someone would just come out with a complete hero and item system. However, I don't think Blizzard would do that to us.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
I know they wont exist in story / normal games, but somewhere i saw a video about how they will add heroes so people can make games like DotA, so i don't know, heroes are the main reason i will get Starcraft2. :\

Renendaru

Reaction score
I know they wont exist in story / normal games, but somewhere i saw a video about how they will add heroes so people can make games like DotA, so i don't know, heroes are the main reason i will get Starcraft2. :\

Heroes WILL exist in story mode, as part of the story. But will not be in melee.

Renendaru

Reaction score
...No one is listening. Never mind then.

Arkless

Reaction score
They will actually be way better then in wc3.

One of the cool things they said is that you can add any amout of stats and different stats for diefferent heroes (int/str/agi or maybe something name magic or power :3 ). They anounced more but I do not remember :banghead:

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
They will actually be way better then in wc3.

One of the cool things they said is that you can add any amout of stats and different stats for diefferent heroes (int/str/agi or maybe something name magic or power :3 ). They anounced more but I do not remember :banghead:

Apparently with the Galaxy Editor, nearly anything is doable. Let's see what we can find to break it! >=D *Looks at Jesus and Azlier...* CHOP CHOP BOYS!

EpicFlux

Reaction score
Yeah in story mode, their will be heroes similiar to Starcraft and WC3 combined. Like some stats will be levelable I believe as you pick sidequests in your primary mission. I don't know much further from that.

As for the editor, o yes. They completely overhauled the hero system and like it was said before, apart from the standerd str/agi/int, you can also add your own custom stat system, item system, level. I mean it's gonna be pretty darn sick.

My first plan when I get the editor is to begin working on some RPG systems. First step, a working save/load system, and with how they boast how these mechanics will be much easier to work with, along with much more to work with, I don't see it as much of a challenge as it was in Warcraft 3 to have to manually set and code each item.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Seriously o.o' I thought they weren't cause Starcraft never had heroes before...

In fact, it had ;). Only that they were less developed than the War3 ones. You remember the units with glowy icons? Those were the heroes.

There will be heroes in the campaign and in the custom maps, AFAIK.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
In fact, it had ;). Only that they were less developed than the War3 ones. You remember the units with glowy icons? Those were the heroes.

There will be heroes in the campaign and in the custom maps, AFAIK.

Er i meant they didn't have ones that could level up and learn new spells. :p

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I think that's what he meant by "Undeveloped" Basically yes the heroes had a rich story line but where just represented as stronger versions of there orriginal units while Infested Kerrigan was several units combined. (Because she can cloak,Ensare,consume,cast psi storm and had a wicked melee attack)

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
First step, a working save/load system,

There will be a save load system implimented in the editor. From what i heard, you will be able to keep info from one game and load it into another quite easy. I have no proof of this but a few buddies of mine were talking about it and... seems pretty plausable, considering they are trying to make this editor do everything that the old editor didn't and what people spent so much time doing back in war3.

EpicFlux

Reaction score
There will be a save load system implimented in the editor. From what i heard, you will be able to keep info from one game and load it into another quite easy. I have no proof of this but a few buddies of mine were talking about it and... seems pretty plausable, considering they are trying to make this editor do everything that the old editor didn't and what people spent so much time doing back in war3.

Yeah I would hope so. Their were so many save/loads and other expanding RPG elements that had to be hand made. It just was to much for the map and it really cut down on what things you could do.

If those features come stock, plus are also 100% stable and completely editable, then Galaxy is gonna be prtety fucking amazing!

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
this answer you :p
Screenshot-1.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.