AoS Starcraft AoS

Twilight33

Reaction score
Starcraft AoS
Description: Starcraft AoS will be a 3-way AoS using the standard trinity path layout. Each race will have a base at one of the three points of the triangle. I also plan to have a Hero for every unit in starcraft, and try to accurately recreate the abilities from starcraft. (All units will have a Basic attack including units like terran medics, and protoss observers.)

Currently in Development: Hero Abilites
This is the real reason i am posting right now, besides to show the community the idea. I would like the communities help in brain storming possible hero abilities.

Progress Colors

Complete
In Progress
Not started

Terran Marine
Attribute Type: Agility

• [*]Stim Pack - Lose X health, gain Y Attack Speed and Movement speed. Last Z Seconds.
    [*]Double Tap - X% Chance to Attack twice. Passive.
    [*]Sure Shot - X% chance to bypass miss chance. Passive.
    [*]Last Stand - Ultimate - When the Marine would suffer a fatal blow, brought back to life for X seconds immobile and invulnerable. Passive.

Terran Firebat
Attribute Type: Strength

• [*]Stim Pack - Lose X health, gain Y Attack Speed and Movement speed. Last Z Seconds.
    [*]Napalm - Blast an area with Napalm. anyone who enteres this area takes x damage a second while in it. Lasts Y Seconds.
    [*]Immolate - Enemies struck by the firebat's attacks catch fire and take X damage every second for Y seconds. Passive.
    [*]Detonate - Ultimate - The firebat has rigged his gas tank to blow when he dies. All units within z range take x damage when the firebat dies. Passive.

Terran Medic
Attribute Type: Intelligence

• [*]Heal - Functions exactly like priest heal.

[*]Optical Flare - Functions like Curse.
    [*]Restore - Removes all negative effects from an ally.
    [*]Resuscitate - Ultimate - Brings a fallen allied hero back to life.

Terran Ghost

• [*]Mind Lock - Functions like Storm Bolt, but with no damage.
    [*]Cloak - drains mana over time, but makes unit invisible while active. will not be broken by attack or casting.
    [*]Occular Implants - Increases sight range by X and attack range by Y, and Z% chance to do A bonus damage. Passive. (Made by KeresPup)
    [*]Nuke - Ultimate - Cast Time 5 seconds. Deals x damage in y AoE.

Terran Siege Tank

• [*]Shell Shock - Attack has X% of slowing units attack and movement speed by Y%. Last Z Seconds. Passive.
    [*]Blitzkrieg - The unit charges forward in selected direction for X seconds. While charging the unit is invulnerable, has X% increased movement speed, and shoves and damages everything in its path. (Inspired by KeresPup)
    [*]Enhanced Armor - Unit has X bonus armor. Passive. (Made by KeresPup)
    [*]Siege Mode - Ultimate - Siege Tank becomes immobile, but deals increased damage and has a splash attack.

Terran Goliath

• [*]Machinegun - Each attack increases the Goliaths attack speed by X% for Y seconds to a maximium of Z%. Passive.
  • Enchanced Gyros - Increases Goliaths movement speed by X%. Passive. (Made by Sevion)
    [*]Missile Launch - Fires a fan of missiles at targets infront of the goliath dealing X Damage.
    [*]Locator Beacon - Ultimate - Marks a target with a beacon revealing its position to you even while cloaked. in addition any time you use missile launch all units marked with a beacon will be shot with a missile to no matter the range. Last X Seconds.

Terran Vulture

• [*]Spider Mine - Places a spider mine that will burrow in the ground. When a enemy unit comes within X range. it will pop up, chase them, and explode dealing Y Damage.
    [*]Jet Boost - Increases speed by Y for X seconds. (Made by black.sheep)
    [*]Strafe Shot - Activatable Phoenix Fire that lasts for X seconds. (Made by black.sheep)
    [*]Overdrive - Disables attack, but allows the Vulture to gain speed based on jet boost and deals damage to nearby units equal to the speed of the Vulture. (The speed its currently moving at, so if its still then it will not be able to do damage). (Made by black.sheep)

Terran Wraith

• [*]Cloak - drains mana over time, but makes unit invisible while active. will not be broken by attack or casting.
    [*]Launch Missiles - Wraith Launches to missiles at target that lock on and seek it. Each missile does X Damage.
  • Need An Ability Here
    [*]Strafing Run - Ultimate - The Wraith moves closer to the ground and flies towards the targeted location at a high speed, the wraith fires a spread of missles as it moves along. (Made by black.sheep)

Terran Drop Ship

• [*]Drop Infantry Squad - Summons X Marines, and Y Medics for Z seconds depend on spell level.
    [*]Bombing Run - For X seconds you will drop a bomb dealing Y Damage every Z Seconds.
    [*]Overdrive - Movement Speed is increased by Z% for X seconds.
    [*]Drop Armored Division - Ultimate - Summon X Goliaths, and Y Siege Tanks for z Seconds depending on spell level.

Terran Science Vessel

• [*]Defensive Matrix - Puts a shield on target unit that Absorbs X damage before it collapses.
    [*]EMP - Drains X mana from all units in a Y AoE.
    [*]Radiate - Target unit and all units in X range of it take Y Damage every seconds for Z seconds.
  • Titan Reactor - Ultimate - Increases Science Vessels Int by X and mana regeneration by Y. Passive. (made by Sevion)

Terran Battle Cruiser

• [*]Hyperdrive - Teleports Battle Cruiser up to X range.
    [*]Gun Turrets - Battle Cruiser is equipped with many gun turrets that shoot at enemies nearby. Passive (Made by Sevion)
    [*]Repair Crew - The Battle Cruiser has a repair crew at the ready 24/2. regerates x hp a second.

[*]Yamoto Cannon - Ultimate - Cast Time 4 Seconds. Deals X Damage to target.

Resources Needed
Also if anyone happens to find anything listed here please let me know.

Icons
Command buttons from Starcraft
Ability buttons from Starcraft

Models
Terran
Terran Science Vessel
Terran Vulture w/ Rider.

Modeler
Most of the models i have do not have Attachment points & have some missing animations. looking for a kind modeler to fix them.

black.sheep

Reaction score
Here are some ablity ideas.
Terran Vulture
  • Jet Boost: Increases speed by Y for X seconds.
  • Strafe Shot: Activatable Phoenix Fire that lasts for X seconds
  • Overdrive: Disables attack, but allows the Vulture to gain speed based on jet boost and deals damage to nearby units equal to the speed of the Vulture. (The speed its currently moving at, so if its still then it will not be able to do damage)
Terran Wraith
Ultimate Strafing Run: The Wraith moves closer to the ground and flies towards the targeted location at a high speed, the wraith fires a spread of missles as it moves along.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
You only need Terran heroes right now? lol, also, is Yamoto Cannon from Starcraft? I remember seeing it from something... I think it was a Halo book. :)

Sounds pretty cool. I never really played Starcraft before, and I'm just waiting to start when II comes out, so I don't really know what abilities to give them. :( Sorry. But good luck! :D

Twilight33

Reaction score
Here are some ablity ideas.
Terran Vulture

* Jet Boost: Increases speed by Y for X seconds.
* Strafe Shot: Activatable Phoenix Fire that lasts for X seconds
* Overdrive: Disables attack, but allows the Vulture to gain speed based on jet boost and deals damage to nearby units equal to the speed of the Vulture. (The speed its currently moving at, so if its still then it will not be able to do damage)

Terran Wraith
Ultimate Strafing Run: The Wraith moves closer to the ground and flies towards the targeted location at a high speed, the wraith fires a spread of missles as it moves along.

OW. thank you very much i like those alot. The Vulture abilities would create a rather interesting Mobile Attacker.

You only need Terran heroes right now?

Ya i am working on the early stages of the map right now. the first release will be a terran vs. terran demo map. after that i will start work on zerg and release a terran vs. zerg map, and then finally i will finish with the final terran vs. zerg vs. protoss map.

lol, also, is Yamoto Cannon from Starcraft? I remember seeing it from something... I think it was a Halo book.

Ya its from starcraft, but i dont imagine it could be the only place its from. In starcraft the yamoto cannon is this really big cannon on the terrans biggest air unit called the battle cruiser. it took like 5-6 seconds to charge up but when it shot it blew pretty much anything it shot at up.

Sounds pretty cool. I never really played Starcraft before, and I'm just waiting to start when II comes out, so I don't really know what abilities to give them. Sorry. But good luck!

well right now i have already made abilities for everything that already exists in the game so now im trying to get ideas for abilities that dont exist in the game. if you come up with any idea that would work for infantry, ground vehicals, or aircraft it could apply.

Nerfpl

Reaction score
Terran Marine
some granade as area stun or aimed shot "give x% to crit"

Terran Firebat
burn up? fire up its self ;p (immolation)

you thinked actually how will medic's "rez" works? i mean vs enemy succes to kill.

Terran Ghost
some passive when he is invisible maybe

Terran Siege Tank
-ammo charge. give chance to addnitional atack
-rocket something. global range rocket with no imba dmg

Twilight33

Reaction score
Terran Marine
some granade as area stun or aimed shot "give x% to crit"

Terran Firebat
burn up? fire up its self ;p (immolation)

you thinked actually how will medic's "rez" works? i mean vs enemy succes to kill.

Terran Ghost
some passive when he is invisible maybe

Terran Siege Tank
-ammo charge. give chance to addnitional atack
-rocket something. global range rocket with no imba dmg

crits in and so is immolate.

what do you mean by how the res works?

rest im of the skills im not to sure about. i dont think a siege tank with a missile ability is fitting.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Anti-air missiles for the tank for a skill
so if there are air units tanks won't be defenseless against them
*anti-air Missile- deals X amount of damage to a target air unit(or u can make it an aoe doesn't matter)

Twilight33

Reaction score
Anti-air missiles for the tank for a skill
so if there are air units tanks won't be defenseless against them
*anti-air Missile- deals X amount of damage to a target air unit(or u can make it an aoe doesn't matter)

because some heroes will be air. i have decided to make all units able to attack both air and ground to keep things fair so an ability like this wont be needed. i dont want 1 hero to win just because hes the only one that can attack. then again if i dont then it makes for an interesting rock paper Scissors. hmmm.

KeresPup

Reaction score
Nice, I'll be expecting this game then :)

Here's my suggestions

Terran Ghost
*Occular Implants (From SC!!!) - Increases sight range by Y and attack range by Z. Also passively gives a chance to deal X bonus damage

Terran Siege Tank
*Volleying Charge - The Tank starts moving towards a selected direction for X seconds, increasing its movement speed by Y. While in this Charging state, the Tank shoots a random unit in its attack range dealing Z damage every N seconds (preferably less than 2 seconds).
*Thicker Plating - Passively increases the Tank's armor by X

Twilight33

Reaction score
Terran Ghost
*Occular Implants (From SC!!!) - Increases sight range by Y and attack range by Z. Also passively gives a chance to deal X bonus damage
added as is

Terran Siege Tank
*Volleying Charge - The Tank starts moving towards a selected direction for X seconds, increasing its movement speed by Y. While in this Charging state, the Tank shoots a random unit in its attack range dealing Z damage every N seconds (preferably less than 2 seconds).
*Thicker Plating - Passively increases the Tank's armor by X

added thinker plating. volleying gave me an idea for another ability to use instead.

Thank you for the ideas.

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Wow, great idea making a Starcraft since so many SC models have been released on hiveworkshop. Im really gonna look forward to this since i loved playing Starcraft.

Ya its from starcraft, but i dont imagine it could be the only place its from. In starcraft the yamoto cannon is this really big cannon on the terrans biggest air unit called the battle cruiser. it took like 5-6 seconds to charge up but when it shot it blew pretty much anything it shot at up.

I loved that thing.

Twilight33

Reaction score
Wow, great idea making a Starcraft since so many SC models have been released on hiveworkshop. Im really gonna look forward to this since i loved playing Starcraft.

glad to hear it. when i first posted this stuff up i got no response so i thought i had maybe come up with a bad idea. all these posts make we work harder. thx for the support everyone. :)

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Goliath:

Thicker Plating: Increases Goliath's armor by X. (Same as the Siege Tanks. :p)

Upgrade Gears: The Goliath upgrades its gears and so increases its movement speed and attack speed by X%.

Ultimate - Twin Autocannons Upgrade: Increases the Goliath's ground-to-air missiles. (Add's X damage to the Goliath's attacks when attacking air units)

Science Vessel:

Ultimate - Titan Reactor Upgrade: Increases the Science Vessel's mana by X. (I'd do doubles the current mana. But, it's kind of hard without a Unit Properties system)

Wraith:

Upgrade Lasers: The Wraith's lasers are upgraded with an amplifier that doubles damage. (Or whatever you want)

Titanium Plating: Increases armor by X (Also same as Thicker Plating :p)

Battle Cruiser:

Autoturret: The Battle Cruiser installs an autoturret to the belly of the ship. Shoots at nearby enemies. (Works even when unit is moving. Use Phoenix Fire and change the model)

Titanium Plating: Increases armor by X..... :D

Electrostatic Ion Thruster Upgrade: The Battle Cruiser upgrades its thrusters. Increases movement speed by X%.

Twilight33

Reaction score
Thicker Plating: Increases Goliath's armor by X. (Same as the Siege Tanks. )

I want more diversity in abilities. im trying to keep from having the same ability show up more then 1 or 2 times.

Upgrade Gears: The Goliath upgrades its gears and so increases its movement speed and attack speed by X%.

goliath already has an attack speed boost. but movespeed would be good.

Ultimate - Twin Autocannons Upgrade: Increases the Goliath's ground-to-air missiles. (Add's X damage to the Goliath's attacks when attacking air units)

im trying to stay away from the Good vs ground/good vs air machanic.

Ultimate - Titan Reactor Upgrade: Increases the Science Vessel's mana by X. (I'd do doubles the current mana. But, it's kind of hard without a Unit Properties system)

i like it but i think ill make it do mana regen instead. thats more reactory to me.

Autoturret: The Battle Cruiser installs an autoturret to the belly of the ship. Shoots at nearby enemies. (Works even when unit is moving. Use Phoenix Fire and change the model)

me like. accepted as is.

Electrostatic Ion Thruster Upgrade: The Battle Cruiser upgrades its thrusters. Increases movement speed by X%.

not sure on this one. i think i want the battlecruiser to be a slow power house. this would break that idea. ow. maybe a teleport instead? no big ship should be without its hyperdrive :)

I would also like to take this moment to thank everyone for the ability ideas. thanks to you i am only 4 abilities away from completing every terran hero.

punwisp

Reaction score
If you can convert those spike bombs or w/e there called(its a item) and convert it into a spell, it can work as a spider mine, works exactly the same way.

Twilight33

Reaction score
If you can convert those spike bombs or w/e there called(its a item) and convert it into a spell, it can work as a spider mine, works exactly the same way.

ya i was already thinking that until i remembered that the spider mines moved. Im going to take the more difficult route and do a triggered version of the spider mines. my objective her is to mimic the starcraft mechanics with the only limit being what warcraft can handle. i dont mind learning stuff to accomplish that either :). i am profficient in java programming so im fairly sure jazz should be that hard for me to learn if i need it.

KeresPup

Reaction score
Hey there Twightlight, got some more skill ideas for ya:

Terran Goliath

Barrage (channeling, active) - The Goliath Starts to shoot rapid fire at a target area, dealing X damage per second in a Y AoE. The Barrage lasts as long as Z seconds or when the Goliath stops manually.

Launch Rear Missiles (Ultimate) - The Goliath fires (Z*2) missiles targetting a random enemy unit within the Y AoE. Each missile deals X damage and stuns C second(s). (The stun stacks).

Terran Wraith

Rapid Fire (passive) - gives the Wraith a constant X% chance (preferably below 15%) to fire Y additional beams at the same time (normal attack) when he attacks a unit.

Sonic Boom (active) - the wraith speeds up towards a target area, before making a sudden halt when he reaches the target area. The impact deals X damage to all enemy units in an AoE of Y and stunning them for Z second(s)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.