Storyline

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Really as a writer, I am really surprised that no one has even mentioned the storyline...

After all, it could have the best graphics and game play but without a storyline or plot. Theres no really point to single player.

I believe with the Zerg's trailer, that the storyline is going to be quite extreme.
With there revenge and mutations...

Zerg Trailer
[YOUTUBE]koTJhX-YNGQ[/YOUTUBE]

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Do they have a protoss or terran trailer like this?

No, at least not yet.
http://www.starcraft2.com/movies.xml

Blizzard just released the Zerg trailer yesterday. I was going to post it, but I didn't find the youtube link.
March 18, 2008
StarCraft II Zerg Trailer Available
We've just released a high-quality version of the StarCraft II zerg trailer that was shown to the press last week. Watch as the Swarm steps back into the light for the first time since the events of the Brood War, and catch a first glimpse at the zerg's frightful evolution. Check out the trailer now!

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can read it on starcraft2.com.

It's only Starcraft though, without the Expansion.

Or cheat your way out of the Campaign. :D

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
oh my god , blizzard is getting extremely old and lame with their trailers to be honest

yeah your right about that, they were well known for their 3d movie skills.

and WTF is up with the new TLC trailer.

[YOUTUBE]WF_1Pk_4UZk[/YOUTUBE]

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
yeah your right about that, they were well known for their 3d movie skills.

and WTF is up with the new TLC trailer.

[YOUTUBE]WF_1Pk_4UZk[/YOUTUBE]

Thats a WoW trailer...
Mainly because they wanted to show off the WoW graphics

the Zerg trailer had there 3D movie Skills

Evoroth

Reaction score
oh my god , blizzard is getting extremely old and lame with their trailers to be honest

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the trailer for the first time. I see nothing exciting in this. I see no true feeling or purpose. I see just a bunch of programmers and animators who tries to make the best possible composition of fantasy cliches. Warcraft II and Warcraft III's story wasn't this way. There you could truly see that the story wasn't made just to have a good story. Warcraft III's introduction really made me wonder what would happen next...
"We never paid any heed to the ancient prophecies. Like fools, we battled each other as we had for generations, until the sky rained fire and a new enemy came upon us."
That was epic, exciting, cool and had even good points of philosophy and psychology. But... This Zerg Trailer...
"Empires will fall, we will arise, we are the swarm hello hello knock knock we will become much more blah blah okay I'm kerrigan"
I don't know where, but I have heard that before. And even if I havn't, I've got bored of it. It just isn't exciting.

Just what I was thinking.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
the zerg trailer was just a teaser to show off the progress, ingame graphics and gameplay from the zerg's perspective. It was just made to excite the starcraft community and keep everyone interested, and the trailer was a much better way of doing that then just slapping up a few gameplay vids alone. Hardcore CG graphics take alot of work, so they will most likely be saving the good shit until close to the release date at best.

BTW if you are a massive SC2 fanatic whose racial preference is zerg... it would have blown your mind, cliches and all.

.... and besides, blizzard never disappoint (well cept for wow for me), they always amp their games and storylines to the next level.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.