Report Study: Video games depict religion as violent and problematic.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Maybe?! It was Just a I guess... why some people hate when it comes to video games.
So..
You mention things without thinking?
:captain obvious:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
In the U.S. you don't learn about that in history - every year in history, you start around 1600 with the colonies, and slowly work up from there, usually ending somewhere in the middle of the industrial revolution - I learned it all from Age of Empires mostly

(disclaimer: there are OPTIONAL history classes that would cover that, but they are not required and generally not taken, and not until the last 2 years of high school anyways)

We start in history at the bronze age and go all the way up to ww2.
If i remember correclty:
Egypt empire, rome empire, more rome empire, fall of the rome empire, something about arabia, something about england, dark ages, middle ages, spanish empire, holy roman empire, napoleon, revolution, colonization, industrial ages, ww1, ww2, cold war, vietnam war, present.
That was split up in history lessons, latin lessons, social sciences lessons and a little bit in various other lessons. We put quite an importance on history here.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Maybe?! It was Just a I guess... why some people hate when it comes to video games.

So let's hear what you thought of this AP History ?

I just told you.

A lot of schools have World History... but you can't really effectively sum up the history of several thousand years over the course of a couple hundred days.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
What? My high school summed up the history of China, the history of Taiwan, and world history under 5 semesters before taking the College Extrance Examination, with the history of China and history of Taiwan lasting over 2 semesters each. The result? World of History is crammed into 1 semester, which is in fact, "a couple hundred days".

Actually, you were supposed to take the test after 6 semesters, just that there once was a now-defunct legislation that allowed 2 CEE tests before you graduate from high school.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
And I guarantee you skipped the vast majority of it and only covered what was deemed important by someone that you've never heard of.

But back to the central point: as I recall, even the Bible, which I think is safe to say is largely religious, has this little thing about people killing someone kinda important because of religion? Case in point: religion is violent and typically fairly problematic (case in point: Islam. Does anyone know the difference between Shiite and Sunni? Not very much, but they kill the shit out of each other over it).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.