Submerged units revealing other submerged units

K

Kam

For some reason submerged units can't have abilities. (Thanks Blizzard.) I have the Gnomish sub and Troll submerger in my map and I need them to reveal eachother when they are in say, within 500 units of eachother. They should also only reveal "Burrowed" units, not invisible units on land. I say burrow because there is no special sea classification for submerged units because they aren't suppose to be able to move. I tried every form or upgrade and default active ability for revealing before I realized that submerged units cant have abilities. So obviously what I need here is a trigger or some JASS. Keep in mind it needs to be multi-instance for atleast 10 players, so JASS will likely be the easier choice. If possible it would be nice to get the submerged units to display a passive icon in the command box, just for the illusion that it really does have the ability.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Can't u, with the naked eye, see the units burrowed or submerged...for submerged..u see a little whirlpool...for burrowed u see some cracks..

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
you could make a dummy unit that follow it around (unselectable and unseeable) that has truesight or whatever. i dont use submerged much so i dont know if its classified as invisible or what, or make so you CAN see it and select it, and call it a periscope! :D

and krakka you only see the shadow or the cracks if you own the unit or are allied to the owner of it

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
uhmm last time i played a ladder game,..my opponent burrowed with his crypt fiends...and I could see the cracks..

and maybe a trigger that would ping the location of the submerged/burrowed unit...

K

Kam

Krakka, you don't see the waves made by subs unless you own them. Submerged units are classified as burrowed, there is no special classification for aquatic units. Probably the only way to do the dummy units is with JASS, and I don't know JASS. Whatever you do, it needs to be multi-instince for atleast 10 players.

EDIT: Here are screenies of the models I'm referring too.

HumanNavy.jpg

OrcNavy.jpg

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
try editing the true sight ability so it only sees burrowed units...Im not sure cuz i have my editor off rite now...

K

Kam

I tried giving the subs every form of true sight, but it appears the only ability submerged units can have is "surface," which is essentially morph. It will have to be done with triggers or JASS, so I need a coder to help.

mems

Memory Lapse
Reaction score
a burrowed unit is not too different from an invisible unit.
it only stands in its "stand alternate" animation and unit becomes invisible so we can say that a burrowed units is equal to an invicible unit in triggers and editor.

So there is not a "burrowed unit clasification" and editing skills that is revealing invisible units will not solve the problem.

My opinion is giving this burrowed units a spesific buff and in your triggers search for that spesific buff on that condition.

may be something like that works as an expample:
Code:
Trigger
    Events
        [B]ur events[/B]
    Conditions
        [B]ur contidions[/B]
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Region centered at (Position of ([B]your unit[/B])) with size (1000.00, 1000.00))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Picked unit) has buff [B]your buff here[/B]) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Remove [B]your buff here[/B] buff from (Picked unit)
                    Else - Actions
                        Do nothing

but this ability need much more conditions and customising
i was meaning that reveal ability will always reveals the normal invisible units too hope this gives an apinion

K

Kam

I'm not sure I understand. Say I give both subs the "Submerged" buff. So then if
Event:
A unit comes within 500 of another unit.

Condition:
Triggering unit has buff type submerged.
Other unit(don't have editor open, can't remember what this is called) has buff type submerged.

Action:
Reveal units to owners of triggering units.

Would that work, but I'm not sure if it's possible. I can't open my editor atm.

A

AddE

but i just realised a problem with that.. but maybe Kam wants... however i think that would make all people able to see the submerged thing.. wouldnt it be better if only submerged unit in 1000 range saw it .. would be something like it doesnt remove all buffs it gives it another buff that only submerged units wil be able to see... and dont forget to change the buff back when it is outside that range..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.