Suggestions for doodads for my map.

Curuinor

Reaction score
I'm making a map called 'The Infinity Mine', involving dwarves and a mine of infinite gold. Mass inflation notwithstanding, I have run out of ideas for doodads. I have trees on both sides of the map(even though it's underground, it's supposed to be under the Well of Eternity, so trees can grow there), and a few plantish doodads in the foresty side, and some bones and spiders in the northrend-ish side, and not much else. Help would be excellent. I stripped this one of all the units and triggers and stuff, by the way, so it doesn't get in the way.

Attachments

• (9)The Infinity Mine.w3x
    209.7 KB · Views: 139

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
with some buildings units and maybe some more trees in the middle its fine the way it is
btw nice terraining its awesome =) gj!

Curuinor

Reaction score
Well, I was sorta asking for ideas for obelisks, more skulls, more corpses, more foresty stuff, and so on. Thanks. I will add some more trees, once I get some more suggestions.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Umm, it needs more heights n stuff, the whole place is just flat! Other than that, maybe stuff like rubble from stuff (I don't quite get your idea... Just some mine with infinate gold? Have people been there before?) Use those corpses on sticks doodad things, but don't overdoo it lol

Curuinor

Reaction score
You want the story?

The Dwarves, being the belligerent race they are, have fought every other race in Azeroth - and won. After vanquishing the Night Elves, they mine under the Well of Eternity, defiling the World Tree, yada yada. This makes people angry. This makes the Burning Legion greedy yet again, knowing that the Night Elves can't exactly pull off the wisp trick again. The dwarves' finding of an infinite gold mine only exacerbates matters. Eventually, matters come to war, and the endless combined hordes of everything on Azeroth and the Nether and Outland come to PWN the dwarves. What do the dwarves have? Good fortifications and what mercenaries that didn't betray them.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Oh, make those things that hang from the ceiling in caves and also poke out of the ground. Dripping water, falling rocks, high walls n cliffs n caves (Looks above ground, you gotta make it look underground man!) Little pools of murky water, and most importantly: GOLD! There is no gold on this map!

PS > Good story

K

Kerberos

There isn't any Warcraft gold model. You could probably download one from somewhere. I can't find a place that has one, though you could probably make one if you have the necessary tools.

Curuinor

Reaction score
I plan to use the mine cart-full doodad for that. I'll add stalagmites and stuff;

The trouble I have with the high walls is that I don't really like the WCIII default cliffs, so I just use the terrain editor and a modded MISCDATA.txt. Any way to edit the cave model so I can place them on normal ground?

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Yeah, their cliffs are pretty ugly. As for the cave thing you could just make a normal doodad/unit that uses that model.

As for gold... You could possibly edit the skins of real models to a goldish colour, or make a new tile based on say... Ashenvale leaves that has a goldish tinge, that would look like gold. OOOOR, you could make a 3d model of a wall with gold in it, 2 birds with 1 stone (although 1 really heavy stone lol)

But yeah, the cart is good too.

C

Corkysmurf

Doesn't look very undergroundish... make the middle deeper than the outside tho.... what I dont get is how are your people going cross the river and where are the dwarves fortifications? (or are you not on that part yet)... I think some rocks, craters, and random stalagmites and tites would help... (do they even have stalagtites?) if they dont just flip the mites upside down and make them hang from the top... think of putting mist, and darkness to the inside, and rain to the outside... keep up the good work :D

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Half of those I already said xD
Please read the older replies -.-"
Anyhow... Nope, no anyhow. That was all my point :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.