Suicidal Zergling Dodge

WorpeX

Reaction score
Hey, its me again! You may or may not have already noticed this map in the downloads section already, so this map is already completely as far as playabiltiy is concerned. The map is also has a decent amount of fans who have been waiting patiently for me to release a new version.

Alas, I have run out of ideas on what to do with the map and where I want to go with it. So, I decided to post here, as the people on this forum are always very helpful. There are some minor bugs I had wanted to fix, however since this version of the map has become so widely used, I decided to wait untill I get more changes out before I fix those.

I'm really looking for ideas, so download the map and tell me what you think!

(for those who never played before, I'll give you a list of a few commands you can use as Player 1 (red) to make the game a little more intresting. note that these arn't all the commands that you can use, however all the commands are hidden in the map as hidden items, find them and you'll know some more, ^^"
"-Drunk" = obviously, makes your screan shake makeing you feal...Drunk
"-Creep" = changes your character into a summoner.
"-bedtime" = Changes the time of day to night time
Enjoy!)

WorpeX

Reaction score
Not too much to say that the name doesn't already say, "Suicidal Zergling Dodge"

The zerglings blow up on contact with a player controlled unit, you need to dodge or use your abilites to make it to the end of the channel. This requires great teamwork by the people you play with in order to survive and win. (its pretty hard to win alone, so I highly suggest playing with more people.)

P

Pawnable

Maybe you could make more options.

1) Super Speed Mode
Makes the dodger REALLY fast.
2) Matrix Mode
Makes everyone really slow, including lowering the turning point of the unit.
3) Holy Shit Mode
Creates even MORE zerglings.
4) Noobie Mode
Creates less zerglings than before.

Or you could make units...

1) Marine
Normal Speed with 1-2 Abilities
2) Traitor Zergling
Fast Speed with 0 Abilities
3) Hydralisk
Slow Speed with 3 Abilities

WorpeX

Reaction score
haha, Matrix mode actually is already in, type -matrix when your player 1. This however makes the game super easy to beat, so after you get far enough with matrix, i'd type -fastforward to put it back to normal speed.

Not sure what you mean to do with the units part, do you mean have them as buyable units from the shop?

Imma do holy shit mode though, ^^ that sounds cool. Noobie mode is matrix mode basically, :/.

Thanks for the ideas, keep them coming, ^^

P

Pawnable

Units as in dodgers. Sorry for being unclear.
And noob mode is less zerglings but doesn't change movement speed. :p

Other modes

Thee Medieval mode - changes the zerglings into footmen
Damn Mode - Creates catapults on sidelines attacking randomly in the region.

WorpeX

Reaction score
Thee Medieval mode - changes the zerglings into footmen
Damn Mode - Creates catapults on sidelines attacking randomly in the region.

LOL!

xD xD I love the first one, that would be hilarious. The second one would be cool, but who would actually put it on a harder mode. :?

But anyway, I might add those in later, i've really been looking for a differant type of idea other than other fun things to add in, (which are cool, thanks). But I wanted some bigger changes in the map in general. I was thinking Maybe having a pick for which dodger you want at the start, but I didn't want it to detract from the fast pace of the game so I never got around to doing it.

P

Pawnable

I was thinking Maybe having a pick for which dodger you want at the start, but I didn't want it to detract from the fast pace of the game so I never got around to doing it.

Or you could make units...

1) Marine
Normal Speed with 1-2 Abilities
2) Traitor Zergling
Fast Speed with 0 Abilities
3) Hydralisk
Slow Speed with 3 Abilities

Thats what I just said in the previous message. xD

WorpeX

Reaction score
cept thats not what I was talking about...

right now, when you start the game every player has a differant character,
Red had a pyromancer
blue has a hydromancer
teal has an aeromancer
purple has a geomancer
yellow has a chemist
and orange has a necromancer

I was talking about having those 6 characters selectable by any color at the start of the map.

WorpeX

Reaction score
I really could use some help guys, please dont be shy, would be great to see more than one person posting here. :/

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
-allyourbase

Turning zerglings into castles. Which would be the same size, just a nice graphical uberation.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
WorpeX said:
uber foop
:mad:

At least you didnt type uberfoot like sooooo many morons on bnet :D

überfoop would be perfectly acceptable too, of course :p

<3

H

herra-sika

giant mode changes size of zerglings to x2? or/and dwarf mode changes size to x0.5? :)

Reaction score
Random-ish Mode: The game speed changes periodically to a random between 50-150% of the original speed.
Drunken Zerglings Mode: The movement of the zerglins is a bit slower and their movement waves a bit.
What The...-Mode: Sheep slowly fall from the skies, killing anyone (including zerglings) that are unlucky enough to be hit by them.
Disastrous Mode: Random events happen across the map: Volcanoes erupting, earthquakes, blizzards, huge piles of frogs coming out of nowhere, great winds blowing everyone to a direction...

WorpeX

Reaction score
Great mode ideas guys, thanks!

Right now though, I'm trying to think of a better way to add them into the game though. Right now its just a command, but I was thinking that It would be cool to have the game randomly pick a special game mode for round 2 and 3. (round 1 would be normal).

Im still not too positive on if i'm doing it or not though.

My current fixes:
-Redone terrain
-Fixed a bug where the peasant didnt die in the cinematics
-Minor item Shopbalancing
-New Item features
-Reworked restart system
-HolyShit mode added
-Round 3 has a random special game effect

Bold = new 9/1

WorpeX

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to bump the topic. ^^
I also wanted to attach the latest version.

Version 1.20
-Redone terrain
-Fixed a bug where the peasant didnt die in the cinematics
-Minor item Shopbalancing
-New Item features
-Redone restart system
-Round 3 now has a random event
-Old earthreal zergling casta replaced, now with new abilities

Version 1.21
-Fixed bug where difficulty wouldn't rise
-Balanced Summoner a bit

Version 1.21b
-Completely fixed bug where difficulty wouldn't rise and calculate correctly
-Random level 3 special round works properly
-New casta now casts its abilities

1.21c
-balanced ivory tower item
-made early game more difficult

*note, the attached file says v1.20, i got lazy and kept overwritting the same file.*

ALSO, for anyones whos intrested, I've made a website for SZD: www.WorpeX.co.nr.

Actually, its all my maps, not just SZD. ^^ But come check it out anyway.

LiveSsenkrad

Reaction score
Bad hair day mode: The weather changes at random times anytime, adding buffs to all units, or maybe even abilities.

Evolution mode: The zerg starts small, but grows as time progresses, becoming bigger, gaining insane abilities and even becoming ranged! (Bit imbalanced xD)

WorpeX

Reaction score
OMG awesome ideas! I really like the evolution mode! xD

Keep the ideas coming!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.