Sylvanis Windrunner

gene098

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a custom map where Sylvanis Windrunner is a usable hero? I dont mean Dota or anything. Just a PvP map where Sylvanis(alive) is a usable hero. If not could someone help make the map?If you can make the map could you explain the dificulties if there are any?

BAkil

Reaction score
If you look in the object editor or unit placer, Sulvanis Windrunner can be found under Human > Campaign > Heroes
That's the default one, including the living graphic and sounds. Hope that helps =)

dodongo

Reaction score
just use object editor. take some random hero that is similar to what role u want her to play and go to art and look for model and interface and change it to sylvanas windrunner. u also should change sound set to hers too. this is fairly simple to do. you can also change her abilities

BAkil

Reaction score
If you are going to do what dodongo suggested, there may be more things that you need to take into consideration. Based on the hero that you copied and changed into Sylvanas, it might have very different casting animations or whatever. If you're going to do that, you need to make sure you use those from Sylvanas Windrunner so she casts spells at normal speed, as other heroes have slower speed.

Ofcourse the simplest way is by copying Sylvanas herself.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
um i dont think he wants to make the hero for his map, instead asking if there is a melee map where she is available?

i dont think she is in any of the default maps, maybe a few custom maps. but none that i know of. sorry

gene098

Reaction score
well the thing is i ahve no idea how to do all the object stuff I wanted to know if there was a PvP map with her in i as a usable hero and if not could someone help me make it since its so simple? Also Ive seen videos on youtube where when you make the hero its on an empty map, is there a wy to basically have her on an actual PvP map or some map that could be used as Pvp?

rotten

Reaction score
Custom Hero Arenas have the model for one of their agility heroes.

In melee, she will never show up because the model is a campaign model, which can't be used in melee maps.

gene098

Reaction score
ive downloaded the world editor is there a way i can put syvanis as a usable hero in a building? Like for ex the altar of kings can summon 4 heros can i add syvanis in there?

BAkil

Reaction score
There's two ways of doing this:
You can either copy a building and replace it's model and all fields affiliated with the visual with those of Sylvanas Windrunner (don't forget sound);
whereas if you've already got one which isn't a building, there's actually a field to make it one: Stats > Is a building? which you can just switch to true.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
you just want to add her to your "Hero Tavern" or whatever its called? just look under the Object Editor for the building, and look where theyv added the hero's and just add her. shouldnt be too hard, if you want you can limit the amount through triggers etc etc.

and yes she is a default unit under campaign so you can just add her as is and change vaules..

Kojiro

Reaction score
First of all she's called Sylvanas not Sylvanis :p
Secontly you just have to go to the object editor then create a unit and check the tab campaign not meele on the night elves units you will see her there

gene098

Reaction score
is there a way i can put sylvanas in the altar of elders for night elf? Whenever I try she always goes into the altar for the humans..

dodongo

Reaction score
go object editor. on the side look for night elves folder. then go to melee then buildings in melee then altar of elders. then scroll down near the bottom. look for techtree and you should see techtree-units trained.right click it and select modify field value. click add unit and go to humans then campaign then you will see sylvanis and select here and press ok.

hope this helps

gene098

Reaction score
thanks dodongo and is there some way to change sylvanas' icon picture? the green cloack doesnt fit...at least for me

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
yes. find her in the Object Editor.

and change all the values that have the words Icon in (except the Turn off one, i dont think that is needed) to the icon that you want.

im not 100% sure what the names are, its like:
Icon - Normal and
Icon - Research

just change those to what you want her icon to look like.

if what i said isnt clear, use the search tool at the topright bar of the screen.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.