[System] Item Upgrading System

Item Upgrader

• Total voters

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Here is a item upgrading system which I saw in Battle Tanks, and I thought would be perfect for my up and coming map "MOTHERSHIPS". The system allows you to left-click the item you wish to upgrade. After 10 seconds, the new upgraded item appears. Each item I have created is upgradeable 5 times, but it is possible to increase this amount.

I took the system straight from the one I made in MOTHERSHIPS, and added a few implementation tutorials, to make it easier to use. If you use the system, please give me credit.

Attachments

• ItemUpgrader - System Testmap.w3x
    28.2 KB · Views: 155
  • war3 2007-04-18 10-57-38-62.jpg
    war3 2007-04-18 10-57-38-62.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 181

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Seems like a decent system, i'll give you some rep for it.

(BTW, Motherships looks badass, can't wait 'til you finish it! Keep it up!)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
nice vulcansurge, is there other way that upgrades this system lets say can i use this to upgrade creeps or building or units?...anyways +rep

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yes, very possible. All you need to do is change the "Unit - Uses item" event to something like "uses ability" then change all the conditions to match it. Finally add the ability to the unit.

It would just me easier to use the upgrading system already in wc3 though...

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
wow maybe ill take this...
because one of the suggestions on my project is the creep upgrade sytem but, i dont have any idea who shall handle the upgrades...

substance

Reaction score
Very cool, It'd be even better if you somehow got it to work with activatable items.

You'd probably get more usabability if this was in JASS as well. Wouldnt be hard to convert either.

**edit, well i was bored and I figued I could use something like this in the future so i converted to JASS, getting rid of all those globals and added sound. Map Attatched.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This belongs in the Free Tridder Code section, imo.

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>**edit, well i was bored and I figued I could use something like this in the future so i converted to JASS, getting rid of all those globals and added sound. Map Attatched.

I will submit download that and upload them both here. I must learn JASS...

>This belongs in the Free Tridder Code section, imo.

I know, but that section is never checked, and so many people submit spells here anyway. I'll submit it there aswell.

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I know JASS now. Im submitting a JASS version of my own which is completely MUI, in the free trigger code section. Thanks for you JASS one but i dont need it anymore. Thanks and remember to check it out, see if you like it!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.