Taking Spell Requests

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
Well can you describe me exactly what is shock arrows ? maybe i can come up with some ideas for you or make the trigger.... of course if Nyph agrees... but don't expect with me to come with it soon 'cause i have to do the channel spell for the contest too :p

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Alright, I got one for ya.

Shock Arrows- The ranger fires 6 special arrows into the air, which land in a "circle" (more like a hexagon :p) in the target area. The arrows stick into the ground, and create a stasis barrier between them, keeping the units trapped inside. Then the arrows unleash forked lightning on the units trapped inside the barrier.

My thoughts:
For the base spell I'm thinking you could use Cluster Rockets, since I'm guessing that the 6 projectiles would land in a perfect hexagon anyways. Then you create dummy units with locust ability that look like arrows at the locations the projectiles hit. I think you'd have to edit the unit so that the arrows point down, and not to the side. Then you just add forked lightning o the units, and tell them to cast it on random units in the targeted area.

If you can think of a better/ more efficient way to do it, by all means, go ahead. That's just how I was running it through in my mind, I just don't know how to do all of it.
What I posted.

Nyph

Occasional News Reader
Reaction score
Stuff

I have a few thoughts about an ability.
Shouldn't be too difficult for you I think.
I can't access the editor before tuesday in eight days (I'm on vacation :shades:) so I can't download it and test it before that.
(so I dunno when I can check back in on this thread either, but be patient. I will ;))

Name:
Static Shield
Levels:
Specifics:
The spell is a shield spell for a tauren hero "Thunder Bull"
It's an activated ability that, when active, converts the first spell (deleting the effects of that spell!) cast upon the hero to a bolt of lightning (or something like that) that heals the thunder bull a little hp.
It should have fairly short cooldown but not heal very much.
What should increase with ability level is amount of hp healed, maybe like 80/140/200 or something..

I would very much prefer if you could do it with regular triggers and base abilities,
since I've never tried JASS before.
I've tried poking around with it a little before but never got it any good,
so I was thinking maybe you can help :eek:

Thanks in advance mate :)
good god that's a hard spell to do, I'll try but don't get your hopes to high

I have an ability idea:

Name
Knockback
Levels
Two
Description
The Hero channels his/her power and bashes an unit, dealing ## damage and knocking it back.
This should be done with a trigger that fires when an unit starts the effect of this ability. This trigger purpose is to set the variables and turn on and off a second trigger. This 2nd trigger is a periodic event trigger where you push the unit, and set a new variable. This can't be MUI in GUI (because it has 2 triggers), but can in JASS. Good luck!
i'm on it - and yes i can be done in GUI with some custom script

Sword impale - I'll try

Here a request ^ ^;;

Skill Name: Glacier Armor
Levels: 15

Abilities
Primary
Level 1 - Level 5, Armor increases by 2 as level increase. (So 2,4,6,8,10)
Level 6 - Level 10, Armor Increases by 5 now. (15,20,25,30,35)
Level 11 - Level 15, Armor Increaes by 10 now. (45,55,65,75,85)

Secondary
Level 1 - Level 5, 2% when struck to "freeze" attacking unit. % Increases by 2 per level. (2,4,6,8,10)
Level 6 - Level 15, same effect but incriments of 3% now. (13,16,19,22,25,28,31,34,37,40).

What I can get around is...
Having the system check that "level X frost armor" is ON the unit. (It was casted on the unit, it doesnt have the "skill", I can get it to do a skill check.)
Apply X% of "freeze" to the unit equivlent to X level.

Either post or PM me for any "extra" details you'd like on the spell. =\
hmm might take awhile - don't expect it soon

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
good god that's a hard spell to do, I'll try but don't get your hopes to high

Really? oh crap :eek:
Well, if it makes things easier on you it would be just as good for me as a passive ability with a periodic event in a trigger and so on.
That's how I started out in the first place anyway, so if it's easier it's fine.

I had an idea of how to do it a while ago,
but I never made it in the editor so I might not get anywhere :p

ty for trying mate. remember that challenges makes you stronger ;) :D

X

XGC

hmm might take awhile - don't expect it soon

Take your time :) Im in no rush, still in the process of templating the creeps to the map Im making:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.