Terrain killer on wc3 help

W

war_crap

:banghead:iv been trying for ages:banghead: and cant seem to figure out how to mkae it so when people step on the "wronge" path they die, iv tryed every terrain killer guid on youtube but none of them helped because myn seems to be different. can someone please help :nuts:

W

war_crap

um, not that i dont want help but i dont get what you mean by that? sorry im not the brightest i found out how to edit maps a week ago

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Code:
Unit Dies
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Region ___ <gen>
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Kill (Entering unit)

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
JASS:
Terrain Kill
    Events
        Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set MazeGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Footman))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in MazeGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set tempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Terrain type at tempPoint) Equal to Lordaeron Summer - Dirt
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint)
                    Else - Actions
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint)

If you're new to editing, I suggest not doing a maze-type map.

W

war_crap

whats a mazegroup because i cant find anything called that?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Code:
Unit Dies
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Region ___ <gen>
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Kill (Entering unit)
Use that.
Change the ___ to the name of the Region where they're supposed to die.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
whats a mazegroup because i cant find anything called that?

that would be a variable,
i suggest before making your own map, look at mine to get the main idea of the trigger editor, this one is very imbalanced

Fluffball

Reaction score
MazeGroup is a Unit Group Variable (Look variables up on this site, there's a few good tutorials on them) which is used to avoid making a leak (Which is a piece of information that doesn't have any reference to it, meaning if you have about 1000 of them, it starts to lag, and eventually, the game could crash if you too many leaks). You can access variables in the top-left area of the trigger editor (The yellow "X").
Code:
(Terrain type at tempPoint) Equal to [COLOR="DarkRed"]Lordaeron Summer - Dirt[/COLOR]
Change the Lordaeron Summer - Dirt to what ever you want the players to die on when they step. AoW_Hun7312's code is very good, you should use it.

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
Here you go...

Attachments

• Choppas Killer Terrain.w3x
    18.8 KB · Views: 208

AoW_Hun7312

Reaction score
Choppa, yours leaks, just to tell you :)

Code:
killUnitsOnDirt
    Events
        Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set playableMapArea = (Playable map area)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in playableMapArea owned by Player 1 (Red)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set posOfPickedUnit = (Position of (Picked unit))
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Terrain type at posOfPickedUnit) Equal to Lordaeron Summer - Dirt
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation( udg_posOfPickedUnit )
                        Custom script:   call RemoveRect( udg_playableMapArea )
                    Else - Actions
                        [B][U]Do nothing[/U][/B]

Add the custom script to there.

W

war_crap

thanks choppa, if u do fix it and put on here that would be very helpful, but i dont no how to open up files and such i tried to open up your other one and it says that it wont load or something:banghead: im sorry i cause such a hastle

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
thanks choppa, if u do fix it and put on here that would be very helpful, but i dont no how to open up files and such i tried to open up your other one and it says that it wont load or something:banghead: im sorry i cause such a hastle

maybe it's protected
that means that he put vexorian's protector on it to prevent"people who play it" from changing the entire game so it benefits red, or from learning all his tricks and creditting the map to themselves
basically you get an error when when you try to open it and WE closes

AoW_Hun7312

Reaction score
Why would it be protected if he wanted to give it to him? Just save the map to your desktop/maps and open it (double click.)

W

war_crap

i dont think thats it because i cant acces your map either :( is there a specile spot where i am suppost tosave it or something?

AoW_Hun7312

Reaction score
If you want to host it on battle.net, you save it in Maps -> Download. In your case, there's no special spot.

W

war_crap

i saved it in warcraft 3/maps/download and when i try to open the map it says unable to load, and i looked for it on wc3 its not there and its not on wc3 world editor either

AoW_Hun7312

Reaction score
If there's a search function on your computer when you open up World Editor, type in "Choppas Killer Terrain," it should pop up.

W

war_crap

aow_hun i did that and it says "unable to load choppa terrain killer" or w.e its called

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.