Technology Tesla Owner Calls Police on Rivian Driver Using Supercharger; Uninformed Tesla owner highlights "a need for better education and communication".

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
A Rivian driver got into a confrontation with a Tesla owner who appeared unaware that Superchargers are now open to other brands, an incident that highlights the need for more communication from Tesla about the initiative, the Rivian driver says.

The Rivian driver was trying to charge his newly delivered R1S at a Supercharger in California when a Model Y driver approached him, "demanding to know why I was there," according to a post on the Rivian Owners Forum.

"He then pointed to the red 'Tesla Vehicle Charging Only' signs and insisted that it was ILLEGAL for me to be there and that he was CALLING THE POLICE! I was taken aback by his extreme reaction," the Rivian driver writes.

Tesla gave Rivian access to its network last month at eligible stations. Ford EVs can also charge at Superchargers, while EVs from General Motors, Volvo, and Polestar are next on the list. For now, non-Teslas need an adapter to charge. In 2025, car makers will start making EVs with Tesla-backed NACS port instead of the CCS ports they currently use, making adapters unnecessary.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.