Test Map Error

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
I've had this problem ever since I first started creating maps, but now it's really starting to bug me. Sometimes, and often very persistently, when I use the "test map" function, I will get a pop up window with the following error:

Warcraft III:
Warcraft III was unable to initialize DirectX. Please ensure that you have DirectX 8.1 installed and that your display drivers are current. DirectX may be found on your Warcraft III install CD under Options.

I found this thread about the same problem, but no solution.

Lightstalker

Reaction score
I've had that problem on my old comp before...

This could be because:
- video card isn't good enough to support your WC3 settings ( try lowering the resolution in WC3 and restarting your comp)

Curo

Reaction score
But if it was a constant thing like a poor video card, wouldn't it always happen? It only happens some of the time.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
It sounds like some thing might be over heathing, get a can of compressed air and open up the side of your computer, you also might need a brush, brush then spray out every fan you can find and spray off all the dust from the mother board and the cards, very important, do not touch the mother board or the cards with the brush, only use it on the fans and heat sinks.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
You can still do that what he said :p .
Try getting a "cooling pad".
It just sits underneath your laptop cooling it silently.

Example one:

41tf7tlQBtL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Curo

Reaction score
Ah, my friend has one of those. Right now, my laptop is sitting on a portable grate of sorts to allow air flow underneath it. A makeshift cooling pad if you will. Thanks for the answers, guys.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
Ok some thing else you can try, go to the website of the people who make your laptop, or the website of the people who made your video card if you installed one and download the newist drivers for it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.