TH.net GFX Worm

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
Though I am not an amazing artist, I think that me joining would help contribute to this great community effort.
P.S. I want to join.

Edit: should it be in jpeg?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Though I am not an amazing artist, I think that me joining would help contribute to this great community effort.
P.S. I want to join.

Edit: should it be in jpeg?

It doesn't matter of your skill level, this is all for fun. :D

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score
It's not really a worm though. The one that was linked as an example when whoever suggested to do the worm really flowed together.
A simple white transition is just being lazy >.> And with so few artists on TH, might as well make each graphic count. Which is basically what Cilla said and I didn't read his post :p

Jep indeed. ;)
The way it currently looks is like you could have finished your contribution even before it was your turn and finally you might just have fitted in some easy transitions.

Great art takes time. Though, the bluefear worm is nice and flowy because they use a lot of vectors, try to look at theirs and see how easy it is to transition it but it still looks nice.

Some elements are going through 4+ parts! *click*

Btw. is it about doing cool transitions or about developing the worm and continuing the(/some) elements of the last contribution?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
There we go. I'm not exactly a great artist, but it should be passable, and at least it's designed to go with the worm theme more (has a sensible transition, and gives the next guy something to work with)

I gotta say, for the worm so far, the pics look cool, but what's with the transitions? I thought the whole point of the worm was that it was supposed to look like one huge picture, not a bunch side-by-side with some little border inbetween, Purge's being the worst, he just took some pic he made before, and made a wimpy little white fade. I mean, come on! You guys can do better than this! Pinapple seems to be the only one with an actual transition so far. (And me, but my pic sucks in other ways, so it doesn't count)

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
The transition between blade's and mine is awesome. You wouldn't be able to tell it changed if it wasn't for the crappy line.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Since I'm after AgentPaper, I will also pass this one D=

Damn school...

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Ack! Sent it now. Heh, hoping the next few people will turn my little stone tower into some kind of transforming super-citadel of doom. (or wackiness)

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
I gotta say, for the worm so far, the pics look cool, but what's with the transitions? I thought the whole point of the worm was that it was supposed to look like one huge picture, not a bunch side-by-side with some little border inbetween, Purge's being the worst, he just took some pic he made before, and made a wimpy little white fade. I mean, come on! You guys can do better than this! Pinapple seems to be the only one with an actual transition so far. (And me, but my pic sucks in other ways, so it doesn't count)

umm... i agree...

the transitions could be better.

fading transitions are good... but they shouldnt be extremely quick.
a fade taking up about 1/3 of your piece would be ideal.

some good transition ideas:

taking an element on the edge of the last piece and extending it.

fade

continuing the color scheme of the last piece

grunged transition

frame on an extended edge

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
@AgentPaper: The reason is, Nigerian first had a transition that smith thought would be too complicated, so Nigerian put in a weird fade... I didn't know wtf else to do to make it fade in with mine. If he faded to black or just kept the previous transition, I would gladly make the transition best I could.

So yeah, I think Nigerian could remove his white line and I'll do over my transition, I still have the .PSD

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Was never Smith who said it, it was I who don' gon and said it. The original is on page 5, if you want to too continue that and give the new one to smith.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
@AgentPaper: The reason is, Nigerian first had a transition that smith thought would be too complicated, so Nigerian put in a weird fade... I didn't know wtf else to do to make it fade in with mine. If he faded to black or just kept the previous transition, I would gladly make the transition best I could.

So yeah, I think Nigerian could remove his white line and I'll do over my transition, I still have the .PSD

Well, talk to Nigerian, send the images between you and when it's done PM with the results... There is no rules that says you cannot redo your image, but if you want to redo the transition, talk to the other artist and make a deal between you.

Pineapple, don't worry, after the lists end up, everyone who now made bottom will make top and viceversa.

EDIT:Updated the site.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
@Purge
Yeah, actually, looking at it now, Nigerian seems to be the one who flopped there, fading to white on his border. Thought the whole white fade was yours, since the sky seems to mirror near the top, but the actual line where your image took over is higher than that. Weird. You should get on him so you two can fix that. (Just don't mess up the top of yours, heh)

Also:
Aww, no citadel of doom. Good transition though.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
well im fine if purge wants to do this.

never liked putting the white there but meh.

contact me on msn or something purge :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.