The Ability Idea Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Come on, doesn't anyone have ANY more ideas?!

BTW, Tinki3, you should make links to each of the spell names...
For example, Thanatos' two spells, Calculated Kamikaze and Unstable Calculations, you can make a link to that for easy viewing...

Unless, of course, this thread is dead... which it most likely is.

I'm out until I see at least 10+ more posts.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Well, I'll throw down one to keep it going, this could be a very helpful forum for aspiring spellmakers.

Dragdown
Groups all units in an area together. Any unit that tries to move out of the specified AoE move slower due to the fact that the dragger has to drag everyone else in there. Any non-strength hero who is dragging loses 3/5/7% movement speed for every unit in there, as well as an extra 2/3.5/5% for every strength hero. Strength heroes dragging the pack lose only 1/3/5% movement for every unit, and 1/3/5% for every strength hero.
If the hero is actually able to move anywhere, all units in the pack come with it.

Falling Down
When used on top of a ledge, the caster falls down it, taking 50/30/10 damage but allowing it to go down without the use of a ramp.

Infatuation
A male hero with this ability gains an Infatuation buff. Any female heroes attacking him lose 10/20/30 attack damage and 10/20/30% attack speed. Interchangable (Female heroes with the buff affect male attackers)

Unbreakable Frenzy
The attacking unit has a 3/5/7% chance to go into a maddened frenzy while attacking, giving it a 2x Critical Strike for 10/15/20 seconds.

Blind
Blinds a target unit, hindering its vision and only allowing it to see in front of it. (Set its sight range to 0, and use periodic invisible dummies to give you sight in a line)

I hope this thread can continue to thrive, we have some good ideas in here, and should limit down the number of threads asking for ideas.

Heyaheya321

Reaction score
My first Spell

The first triggered spell i ever made hope u enjoy : )

Telepathic Fury

Basic actions of this are the Blademaster, uses Bladestorm and blinks around a large area while still in Bladestorm im not gonna give the code tho, u can figure that out.

Level 1 : Medium Area 100 Damage per second for 5 secs
Level 2 : Large Area 150 Damage per second for 7 secs
Level 3 : Very Large Area 200 Damager per second for 10 secs

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Ok, I don't know if anyone did something like this yet, I don't have time to read the entire thread.

Confusion Spirits

Releases 20 confusion spirits around the hero. These spirits will constantly cause all units to attack them, rendering enemy heroes and units useless and confused. Non-channeling.

Level 1: Lasts 15 seconds.
Level 2: Lasts 20 seconds.
Level 3: Lasts 25 seconds.

This would be based off Locust Swarm. I figured you could edit the Locust ability so those units aren't invunerable, then give them Taunt. Triggers would cause one of those units to cast taunt every....say, .30 seconds. With a constant barrage of Taunts, enemy units won't really be able to move because they will be constantly trying to attack the locust like units.

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Ok, I'll do one last batch and update them.

Synapse
An impulse travels across multiple enemy units, forcing the last unit to explode, dealing X damage to a 650 AoE radius. Does not affect heroes. Every unit that was hit with the original impulse takes increasing damage as it gets closer to the end.

Level 1: Deals 140 damage. Travels across 4 enemy units. First enemy unit takes 20 damage. Second enemy unit takes 30 damage.
Level 2: Deals 220 damage. Travels across 6 enemy units. First enemy unit takes 50 damage. Second enemy unit takes 60 damage.
Level 3: Deals 300 damage. Travels across 8 enemy units. First enemy unit takes 80 damage. Second enemy unit takes 90 damage.

Natural Selection
600 AoE radius. The caster selects X units with the lowest HP in the area, and automatically kills them. Does not affect heroes. Does not affect units with 100% HP.

Level 1: Kills 2 units.
Level 2: Kills 3 units.
Level 3: Kills 4 units.

Final Dirge
The target unit loses X HP/second. Lasts 20 seconds. If, at the end of the effect, it's HP is under 100 HP, then it is automatically killed. If not, it is removed from the game and marked with a grave. After 30 seconds, the unit will reappear with 25% health.

Level 1: Loses 4 HP/second.
Level 2: Loses 10 HP/second.
Level 3: Loses 16 HP/second.

Memory Barrier
The hero is enveloped in a powerful barrier, dealing X damage per second to any unit that comes close to it, and gains 5 armor. However, at the end of the effect, the hero returns to the location where he activated the barrier.

Level 1: Deals 15 damage per second in a 200 AoE radius.
Level 2: Deals 20 damage per second in a 250 AoE radius.
Level 3: Deals 25 damage per second in a 300 AoE radius.

Vengence
The target is marked with a buff for the next 50 seconds. After 50 seconds, the target is dealt the same amount of damage it dealt to all units. If the target dies under or after this effect, all allied units around it take X% of the damage the unit inflicted.

Level 1: Units take 20% of the damage dealt.
Level 2: Units take 35% of the damage dealt.
Level 3: Units take 50% of the damage dealt.

A

anonymus033

Watery Fury Stomp

Using the Hero Morphling A.K.A. Reef Elemental

(Name of Hero) makes a random unit fly upon the sky within it's range by 150 and stomps 5 times dealing X damage each stomp.

Level 1 - 100 flying damage, 80 damage each stomp
Level 2 - 200 flying damage, 160 damage each stomp
Level 3 - 300 flying damage, 240 damage each stomp

Just base the skill from War Stomp
I dunno if this trigger will occur.....
Watery Fury Stomp
--------------------
Event: Unit Starts an effect of an ability
Conditions: Ability being cast equals to Watery Fury Stomp
Actions: Animation - Play Casting Unit's death animation
Special Effect - Create a special effect (i think the model is Freezing Breath Missle)
Special Effect - Destroy Last Created Special effect(immidiately so it will look like a circle water like Morphling's Waveform)
Unit - Hide Casting Unit
[If then else blah blah]
If Conditions: Level of Watery Fury Stomp for Casting Unit is equals to 1
Then Actions: Set Flying Unit - Random Units within range of 150 Casting unit (Matching conditions) Matching Unit is an enemy of Owner of Casting unit and Unit is dead equals to False (pardon me if i got something wrong in this)
Unit - Add Crow Form to Flying Unit
Animation - Set Flying Unit's Flying Height to 800 at rate of 1200
Special Effect - Add special effect of the origin of Flying Unit (and that's war stomp)
Wait 0.5 seconds
Animation - Set Flying Unit's Flying Height to 0 at rate of 1200
Unit - Cause Casting Unit to damage Flying Unit, dealing (100x(Level of Watery Fury Stomp for Casting Unit) Normal Normal blah blah
---------Vice Versa to the Other levels Just add it to the else action--------
(and all that i've done to the 5x stomping thingy is)
Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Owner of Casting Unit at the Position of Casting Unit

Unit - Add Thunder Clap to the last created unit
Unit - Set the level of Thunder Clap for last created unit to Level of Watery Fury Stomp for Casting unit
Unit - Issue Order Last Created Unit to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap

-end:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.