• Omni Web

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
I think chrome is open source too, google is still in it's beta stages I'm looking forward to what they achieve

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It is open source, and of course it's Beta. Nothing Google makes ever comes out of beta. :rolleyes:

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
I used to be a huge firefox fan but chrome is so fast I can't stay away.

ReVolver

Reaction score
Firefox

Plugins > All

Actually all open source browsers can have plugins...Opera has "widgets" it's just that Firefox is easier to make plugins for and it has a higher user base.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
chrome just came out. (what was it? just the second half of 2008?) give it time, itll dominate firefox one day

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
It is open source, and of course it's Beta. Nothing Google makes ever comes out of beta. :rolleyes:

actually chrome isn't beta anymore, because google wants businesses to use chrome as well, and may businesses simply don't use betas

read this

p.s. the newest version may still be beta, but there are non-beta versions (stable) versions, but then again it's the same for FF

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
I once sat down and reviewed all these browsers, and wrote a blog post about it. To tl;dr it:
  • Firefox 3.5 can satisfy all needs. It is fast with no extensions and comes with a great set of features by default, and the hundreds of thousands of extensions enable it to do amazing things.
  • Opera 10 provides great functionality without add-ons and it does a damn good job of staying efficient too.
  • Chrome is vastly overhyped.
  • Safari 4 is pathetic.
  • IE 8 finally makes IE worthwhile - I use it as my backup browser, after FF and Opera.
  • Flock is bloated and useless, because you can just give Firefox extensions to do anything you need.
  • And I also reviewed an IE shell called Avant which was actually pretty nice. It gave IE some Opera and Firefox-like features.

I'd like to add this:
sqrage said:
It is open source, and of course it's Beta. Nothing Google makes ever comes out of beta.
Chrome is not open source. Its base, Chromium, is. Chrome is actually a closed-source browser that contains, yup, spyware. Google uses it to track your browsing habits in much the same manner that google-analytics does. Except that you can block google-analytics with CustomizeGoogle and NoScript with Firefox, but with Chrome, you're stuck with it watching every site you visit. Chromium, however, is open-source and contains no spyware.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
so. does chrome have spyware ? ._.

Chrome does have spyware (which im not opposed to, considering thats how google's search engine works, it gathers information, i trust google, i dont see why i wouldnt, they have a good rep) but the base doesnt? >.<

Link to your blog? your review is pretty broad :O

sqrage

Reaction score
Chrome is not open source. Its base, Chromium, is. Chrome is actually a closed-source browser that contains, yup, spyware. Google uses it to track your browsing habits in much the same manner that google-analytics does. Except that you can block google-analytics with CustomizeGoogle and NoScript with Firefox, but with Chrome, you're stuck with it watching every site you visit. Chromium, however, is open-source and contains no spyware.

Uhh, no. Not since 2 weeks after its release when they realized people weren't cool with that.
And by the way Chromium is the open soirce version of Chrome.
And it's not like they store any personal data so it doesn't really matter. That's like saying you shouldn't go to search engines because they record what you search for...

On another note, I also once wrote a review on a blog which I wont link here. Here it is in short:

• Firefox 3.5 is garbage.
  • IE 8 is trash
  • Chrome is the best thing I've ever used, it's fast and it does everything I could ever imagine.
  • Opera...fat women singing? No thanks.
  • Safari sucks.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
So basically you slam everything that you don't use and provide no explanation? I understand that you're paraphrasing, but at least provide some support behind your claims.

ReVolver

Reaction score
Uhh, no. Not since 2 weeks after its release when they realized people weren't cool with that.

And it's not like they store any personal data so it doesn't really random. That's like saying you shouldn't go to search engines because they record what you search for...

On another note, I also once wrote a review on a blog which I wont link here. Here it is in short:

• Firefox 3.5 is garbage.
  • IE 8 is trash
  • Chrome is the best thing I've ever used, it's fast and it does everything I could ever imagine.
  • Opera...fat women singing? No thanks.
  • Safari sucks.

Link us your blog please, the only person to backup his reasons is InfectedWithDrew

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Meh I don't understand how people can't like Safari 4, and there's nothing wrong with FF, if you want plugins you probably need it :O.

I like chrome, but I wouldn't use it over Safari... IE 8 - YUCK imo. Opera never used it.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Firefox

Plugins > All

What I should have said is:

# of plugins > all.

I love having something for everything.

Apple boasts of Safari 4's speed

Yes, but apple also boasts selling DRM free music and charging your ass more for it. Itunes+ anyone?

(While I'm not saying DRM is totally evil, putting it on digital songs so you can only play it on iPods? That's BS).

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
What do you mean "DRM free"?

Also I'm pretty sure you can put any iTunes song you've bought and play it on anything.

Kind Regards

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I suppose I've never actually bought more than a few songs from iTunes... it's mainly Movies + Applications :O

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I suppose I've never actually bought more than a few songs from iTunes... it's mainly Movies + Applications :O

I refuse to buy songs/movies from itunes.

The only thing I get is the applications as some can be hard to find else where.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.