I preffer firefox:)

IE just sucks compared to it.
Chrome use to much of my computer.
Safari: Don't like the looks of it.

And that's all I have tried, maybe should give Flock a try tho:p

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
I'm using firefox right now, but every update, it seems to get slower and slower when I start it.

Right now, it takes a minimum of 10 seconds to start, sometimes minutes. It never used to be like that, and it's pi$$ing me off.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm using firefox right now, but every update, it seems to get slower and slower when I start it.

Right now, it takes a minimum of 10 seconds to start, sometimes minutes. It never used to be like that, and it's pi$$ing me off.

Must be all the updates on your addons/plugins I think you can disable that somewhere in the preferences so it doesn't check during startup which is a pain!

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
My firefox opens in like half a second, it's pretty much instant when I click it...
Thats something on your end and not Firefox's.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Firefox for me; Chrome and Opera for backups (just in case); IE for MSUpdates. Don't have Safari installed right now.

Firefox mainly for its plugins.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Apple boasts of Safari 4's speed :O it seems pretty fast to me, I'm on Windows 7 atm with it. I haven't used any others recently though.

Kind Regards

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I was going to say "Your mother"

But I changed my mind and I'll say Firefox. <3

sqrage

Reaction score
im wondering about this chrome using resources thing, someone elaborate?

I opened the same exact 2 tabs with Firefox and Chrome, here are the resource stats. Chrome is pretty much double the CPU (at the moment) and double the memory. I personally still prefer Chrome, I'm not limited on resources so I don't mind putting them to use. :p

resourcess.jpg

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8727/resourcess.jpg

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Actually, it depends on how many tabs you have opened. You see, in Chrome, each tab is a new process. And it can end up pretty intensive :p.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i had heard that using new processes is a fail-safe in case something bad happens to chrome

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I've been too afraid to try anything other than Firefox, it's quick and gets the job done, I feel no need to go uninstalling anything.

ReVolver

Reaction score
I've been too afraid to try anything other than Firefox, it's quick and gets the job done, I feel no need to go uninstalling anything.

Be very afraid Jindo there's a lurker out there in your operating system (if it's windows) that's called Internet Explorer.

Why uninstall Firefox? You can use many browser each of them has their own features, Firefox uses lots of plugins and it's open source. Opera has many built-in features like mail and IRC chat. Chrome has it's simple navigation and nice tabs.

The only thing you might want to uninstall or update is Internet Explorer, especially if your version is 6.0 :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.