The "blue" slow effect

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
Is there anyway to make a buff/spell turn a unit blue? I was going to use frost nova, but there's no way to set the movement speed value in it.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
It's either under Unit or Animation in the Trigger Editor.

Trigger:
  • //
    • Unit - Set unit vertex color to ...
    • Animation - Set unit vertex color to ...

Not sure under which one of the tabs it is, though it's most likely under Unit

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
Is there any way to do that without triggers? I'd rather use a hard-coded ability to do it.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
No way if you want to set the movespeed value. The only way would be with the game-play constants by editing ice's movespeed and atkspeed reduction, but it would apply to all ice-type spells. So... yes, the best way is to set it using triggers.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well, you could make the frost spells movement reduction to 0.00 and always simulate the slow effect with a dummy caster with a slow ability.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
It really would be more simple to keep the ice effects' slow to standard and simulate the blue colour ; you wouldn't have to trigger every single ice spell.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
If you trigger it, you can't reset the coloring to the default. You won't know the default unless you database it for every unit type.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
@ashblade: exactly what blackrose said, what you suggest is alot harder since you cannot set the vertex colouring to the default values automatically you would have to remember them and set them manually. my solution is alot easier in this case.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
You can set cold effect movement speed reducing in Gameplay Constants. Plus, if you want to keep few Nova spells on different speed reduction then unfortunately, you have to trigger it. And no, you can set vortex coloring back to normal.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You can set cold effect movement speed reducing in Gameplay Constants. Plus, if you want to keep few Nova spells on different speed reduction then unfortunately, you have to trigger it. And no, you can set vortex coloring back to normal.

would you mind telling me the function to reset the vertext colouring?

FannyShaver

Reaction score
You can set it back to normal. Said nothing about reseting it. Simply add wait and color it back to the stored.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
and how would get the normal colour of a unit? there is no function i know to retrieve the vertex colouring of a unit.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
Well, either we talk about something different or I dunno, but any time unit on my map is set 100% red and 0% for rest and I set it back to 100% after X seconds it's all fine. Don't tell me you are having some silly problems with this.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Some units may have a different default vertex colouring than 100% R, 100% G & 100% B, though... that's where the problem is.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
Well, so whatever you do with Dreadlord he'll be okay then. Unless red is so magical, that causes no trouble. I can't be bothered checking other things. I was just surprised that Accname said something completely different to what I know is different :) For me Red vortex coloring works very well. But in the other hand, isn't it like the fact, if you set 100/50/50, isn't recolor easily to be done by 75/100/100?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.