The Helper map, part 2

Discussion in 'Site History and Blizzard 1st MVP Story' started by NiKaNoRoU_GR, Oct 6, 2006.

1. R@d14nc3

R@d14nc3 New Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    very nice pics ;)

2. Malygos

Malygos Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    can i have a blue dragon?
    Suggestion:
    How about making player-banned place more "hell-like"?

3. Nigerianrulz

Nigerianrulz suga suga how'd you get so fly?

Ratings:
    +197 / 0 / -0
    you want it to be hell-like you got it :p

im going to do more terrain later on today but i gtg play first :D

4. rayquaza218

rayquaza218 New Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    time to be a critic.

-The pool, very nice ideas, might i suggest some altar in the middle, with waterfalls, poolside bars, and so on. Now, the not so good parts. Brazers at the pool, wierd, use the model of ruins fountain, much better. The edges at the right side, note the ramp and how screwed up it looks, shouldn't be hard to fix. Use lots of waterfall models to edge the pool, giving it a smooth look.

-Th fun beach is not very fun, beaches, use palm trees, the texture "sand" and for gd sake, why did the slope be a straight one, beaches have no straight edges. May i suggest a pool bar, some hot sorcerress walkin around, and kids, with murloc shacks to give it a hawaiin look. Rays of light would be perfect. Im sure you can do better than that!

-This was saddening, the 2nd worst of all three, personally my favourite was the pool, i must confess i could never do a pool as good as yours ^^, good job on that. However, the flatness of the terrain is shocking. use noise, then lots of smooth, make sure the terrain has no sharp points, and then its good, use a variety of terrain, don't draw words out on the floor, its only done in low quality maps. (do i see this in good maps like HLWL, DotA, footmen, Anime Fight, and needless to say, most games that are frequently hosted?) Since when was the world flat? thats a real joke, i wrote a tutorial on how to fix this problems, and i think it'll work perfectly for this one, im not blaming you, i used to do this too =p .

My tutorial- http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42678

See how the edge from the map is done there. Vary the terrain, do some dirt,make it less a waste of space, currently its a large piece of rotting ground, and more useful, use those dark skinny trees in cinematics, and the moon, you can't miss the moon! (lol)

Anyways, i love the pool, make it more splashy and fun, and then add a poolside bar, it would be totally ubertacular. You really have to work on the other two, especially the beach, its really not so hard, take some time off to work on it, and really ask yourself, whether it looks good, look at the fist TH thread, you will find that the places (other than the pool) look pretty much better, learn from those, and they might give yo some inspiration for the upcoming areas.

Keep up the good work!<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    Its awesome to see that ur doing ur best for TH map, well i on the other hand.... well....ahem...*cough :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Malygos

Malygos Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Fix them, please
    Looks bad

Attached Files:

6. R@d14nc3

R@d14nc3 New Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    they don't look that bad...however, you can consider using some more doodads, huh?

7. rayquaza218

rayquaza218 New Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    well. they look really bad. The idea is there, but the carryout process is another thing...

8. R@d14nc3

R@d14nc3 New Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    well, then, you can take the map ;):p
    or me.

9. rayquaza218

rayquaza218 New Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    U seriously misunderstand me. Which part of "keep up the good work" don't you understand. Its all too easy to fix THREE godamn edges. The pool is awesome, the edges spoiled it, giving up the map and using three bad edges as an excuse is really stupid.
    And its not very funny:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nigerianrulz

Ratings:
    +197 / 0 / -0
    well im not a very good terrainer i could always use some help from you :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. NiKaNoRoU_GR

NiKaNoRoU_GR New Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    nice ones, But Ray's are better :p

better give me the map?

I want to work on some things.

THE HELPER MAP 1ST DATE RELEASE 5TH JANUARY!!!!

keep an eye.

12. Geelottaja

Geelottaja

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Whee. So, are you sure that this won't be changed?

13. lh2705

lh2705 Just another Helper

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    This is gonna be soo exciting.. :p

14. dragonhord

dragonhord Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Considering my love for dragon, and my ultra pwnage, i would like to be in this map if possible, utter pwnage and destruction contributed by dragonhord. All rights reserved. No copies of this information or name can be distributed unless in your map about the helper.

15. rayquaza218

rayquaza218 New Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    lol Nika is rep hacking, +250 :\ lol anyways seriously, u sure we can meet the dateline? its kinda crazy to try and finish a huge project like that with one month

16. Nigerianrulz

Ratings:
    +197 / 0 / -0
    i can like spend like 4hrs on it and get all the triggers done... and Nik you the map i will give you when your online... and because holiday is coming... thats means i can spend like a month on the map:D so im sure we will make it

17. exge

exge New Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Im not gone yet..

hey guys ... im still in this community altho i hvnt posted for a looong time
    yea
    @nika-wen its done ... you can find me on msn ....
    still have high hopes for this map...

18. Andrewgosu

Andrewgosu The Silent Pandaren Helper Staff Member

Ratings:
    +711 / 0 / -0
    I can terrain the map a wee bit, if someone is interested.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BlueSin

BlueSin New Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Making a map about a website, then getting banned from that same website. Oh, the cruel irony. :)

20. Nigerianrulz

Ratings:
    +197 / 0 / -0
    well bluesin i dont think they are banned this map has been here for a while and did had a few arguement with Seth but anyway... Nik and R@d is roomates so there is probably something wrong with they IP things and i heard they are on a move to somewhere else so...