Campaign The Journey

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
The Journey
A Final Fantasy-like RPG by Vestras.

Maps: About 5 per act.
Players: 1.
Style: The Journey is a RPG based on Final Fantasy. It's style is much like FF's. The attack system and movement system is nearly the same as FF's, and you switch between levels, making unlimited space for terrain. It is made of more maps, and there will be different acts.

So far, a release of Act I, "The Lords of Flahrnir", is very soon, but it might take about 2 weeks.

The Story;
"Once upon a time, there were a kingdom called Flahrnir. The kings name was Narsh, and he had a son named Calvacis. Calvacis was a hardly trained Lightbringer, and trained in the Flahrnir woods every single morning of his entire life. One morning though, he walked too long out through the forest, and got long from his home. So long, that he was trapped in the woods, and couldn't find back. He walked and walked, but came to the dreadfull part of Flahrnir forest, "Duyir", which holds many secrets. From there, the story is unknown..."

The feautres;
  • Exciting gameplay (yeah, many says that, but this actually is!)
  • Advanced movement and attack systems.
  • 3 whole acts.
  • A complete story

The screenshots and videos;
Working on some screenshots, they'll come next week I think.

Feedback, please, I really need it. So far it is very much like HeroRPG, and I don't want it to be like that.

Demo: http://files.filefront.com/The+Journey+Act+1+Neww3n/;11211167;/fileinfo.html (~22 MB.)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Hmm... What happens to that RPG you were working on?

Exciting gameplay (yeah, many says that, but this actually is!)
We'll have to wait and see, now won't we :rolleyes:

And your story could use a bit of work, both with grammar and such, and with how you phrase it ("hardly trained", along side "trained in the Flahrnir woods every single morning of his entire life" doesn't make sense)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Hmm... What happens to that RPG you were working on?

We'll have to wait and see, now won't we :rolleyes:

And your story could use a bit of work, both with grammar and such, and with how you phrase it ("hardly trained", along side "trained in the Flahrnir woods every single morning of his entire life" doesn't make sense)

> Hmm... What happens to that RPG you were working on?

My computer screwed up and crashed while saving, so it can't open.

> We'll have to wait and see, now won't we :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's a matter of taste :)

> And your story could use a bit of work, both with grammar and such, and with how you phrase it ("hardly trained", along side "trained in the Flahrnir woods every single morning of his entire life" doesn't make sense)

Could you fix it for me? It's you who are the irish guy.. :rolleyes:

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Okay, I'm uploading the demo right now.
So far, it's only the cinematics, attack system and (new) movement system (probably the best and shortest system I have ever made :) ). Spells, items (not many) and more maps follows in the next versions.

There will probably not be made anymore maps in this act, (because I wanna keep the excitement :p) but in the next two acts there will be about 5 maps per act.

Enjoy. (Uploading....)

EDIT: Uploaded.

muchalive

Reaction score
campaign or rpg?

Is this a campaign or an rpg like wow?

The storyline is like a recreation of wonderland but in a rated PG 13 movie :p

You should change the storyline a bit. here is an improvement.

Oooo poor Calvacis... no one knew what really happend to him... entill the king went to one of our best oracles. she told him what happend to his son.
Here let me tell you what happend to him.... {screen turns white} mmmm this should be good what do you think? I have no other way of thinking of a better fixer than this. just make shure Calvacis dies at the end :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.