RPG The Land Of Wonders

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
The Land Of Wonders ORPG
Part One​

Hello​

Hi, and welcome to The Land Of Wonders.
In this thread I gonna represent my started and still unfinished rpg project, don't complain about tons of grammar mistakes I may make, I'm not so pro in spelling
A litle about me:
This is my first serious project [I also was developing Forest Frenzy footmen style map], and I was putting my all skills and heart into it, working and learning how to work. Well, before WoW came across.
I'm not coming with tons of ideas for rpg, I'm coming with started and developed map, and all basics and systems I wanted to give into map, is already in.
I'm working fully alone, from start to end [for extended inventory system, I want to thank Viikuna], and I was handling map slowly, but fine.

And now, before I start introduce of map, check out some map pics:

entranceg.jpg

sandybarrens.jpg

startingarea.jpg

sandybarrens.jpg

swampv.jpg

taurencamp.jpg

thepath.jpg

townw.jpg

Introducion

This is an orpg, and -Part One- means that map hero's max level so far is 20. Part two will come with lvl 40, and so on, max level is 100.
Some story:
After world has discovered the forgotten heaven land, this sensation has been the most popular. Many tryed to set a foot into sacred place, but land was as dangerous as pretty.
Only wathable from bird's flight, place was called "The Land Of Wonders"
But the remains of Burning Legion, which now included greates Plaugue Necromancers, invaded the land, and spread pure evil around wonderland, claiming the place as their own. Green peacefull hills has overturned into dark blight, heavy sand barrens, deep dark felwoods, water temples, and swamps.
Hundred years ago, a small group of villagers found a perfect opportunity to build wonderful farm on the heavenland. They settled on a grassy sea shore, built a small village, and started to explore further and further. You are one from villagers, the new adventurer, who came to The Land Of Wonders. Ready To Work...?

What to do here? Do quests, wander around world, take a group and visit dungeons, and ofcouse grind for gold and items.

Heroes

herotab.jpg

Specialization​
In this rpg, you gonna meet the hero specialization system. When your base hero (Villager) reaches level 20, he is able to choose from two further classes (Soldier or Mystic) and each hero, after reaching certain level, and completing epic quest, will be allowed to choose from two different heroes
Customize you hero!​
Skins - When choosing hero, you will be able to pick hero skin from 4 available
Stat points - Each level your hero gets 4 stat point to spend - choose to train Vitality (hp + hp regen) Power (meele dmg + atk speed) and Intellect (spell damage + spell critical)
Talent Points - Each level your hero get's one talent point, allowing him to enhance proper skill, like increase hit points, damage, movement speed or attack speed
Buyable Spells - Instead of 5 primary spells, your hero has a Spellbook with 11 spells, each level you can train a certain amount of certain spells from trainer, allowing you to choose in what ability you want to spend gold.
And don't forget talents, which adds even more variety!

Items

This rpg uses Extended inventory, and equipable items systems. There's 20 different item types, and 11 is equipable
Item classes is Rare Crafted Chanted Scripted and Nether
The better item is, the more stats it has.
Make items yourself - recipies are sold in shops, and reagents are droppable from creeps

Equipable Items​
List of items, and main attribute

Weapon - Damage
Shield - Block (evasion)
Chest - Armor
Head - Vitality
Gloves - Intellect/Power
Boots - Movement speed
Backpack - Additional inventory slots
Mount - Morph into fast creature, to get superior movement speed, but unable to fight [only obtained by sold recipies]
Talisman - Accesuar who gives multiple stats [recipies are dropable from any dungeon creeps]
Wings - Wings boosts good movement speed amount, gives movement height, and multiple stats [recipies are droppable from dungeon bosses, and reagents for recipies droppable from any dungeon creeps]
Soul - Soul gives multiple greater stats, and enhanses hero with additional soul - mystic unit who wanders around wielder, and casts ultimate powerfull spells to all nearby enemies [recipies and reagents only droppable from dungeon bosses, there are only 10 soul items in game]

Other Items​

Other items includes item-types like Quest, Potion, Pet, Seed, Food, Scroll, Reagent and Recipie

Creeps and Quests

Creeps​

As allways, here you will simply approach creep and kill him. But beware, they may use a spell on you, flee, or call others for help. Creeps are thought.

Quests​

Simply approach near the unit with (!) mark overhead, read the quests story, and get to work, by doing quests you will learn more about tLoW, receive xp, gold, items, or even Soul recipie

Systems and Advantages

As I said before, this map uses systems like Talents, Stat points, Hero specialization, Quests, Skins, Mounts, Equipable items, Extended inventory, Wandering/Reviving creeps, 22 spells per hero[11 backpack and 11 talents], Arena, Zeppelin flight from one town to other, 3 different cameras
What will be done in 2 weeks: Improved NPC's AI - if village person doenst have a quest, or sellable item, he will go to his house for night sleep.
Pets - buy a cute frog or skink, or whatever else litle friend to follow you everywhere
Dungeons - theyre not completed so far
Dragon Invasion - Prepare for the Golden Dragonflight. Event when 10 unique dragons are spawned in random map places, kill them - they will drop unique reward
Burning Legion Minions - As introduced in story, Burning Legion is trying to rule the land. They will have few camps near village, and or they, or villagers will send a wave to each others base. Kill minion - Earn VictoryPoints for powerfull recipies.
Names - choose name of your character, it will be shown overhead (not yet implemented)
Guilds - Create your own guild, guild name will be shown over charname (not yet implemented)
Hearstone - Simmilar as in wow, returns you to home (not yet implemented)
Save/load code, which saves everything. (not yet implemented)
Reputation system - By doing quests you will receive rep bonus, more rep - more bonuses unlocked - such as secret quests or secret uniques items (not yet implemented)

Now:​

Thats, what was in my head year before.
Now, I have some more spare time to start working on the map again. But, still, I need a crew, which would help me with separate things, and take part of credit. That'd be:

-Creeps: Design, balance, and place creeps in their zones.
-Items: Design, create stats, and spawn items into creeps and shops.
-vJASS Pro: For being the person, whos name is written in big green letters in credits, for making the most advanced Save-Load system ever, whick can save all theese additions.
-Other: Yet not specified, but I'll surely need helping hand with some things

So if you feel you have free time to spare, you like ORPGs, and you may feel that this can be biggest hit in wc3 ever, please apply here, or send an application via my email "[email protected]"

Ty for reading, you may now download the test version here, but keep in mind thats there is few bugs to fix yet:
tLoW

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I have a funny feeling, that I have seen this somewhere..

Nice to have you back.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Looks very promising, though you tend to rely on doodads far too much for my taste.

Did you just started or is this map under developement for some time?

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
I've started this map on 2008 January, and developed till 2008 March, then I once again started to play wow, and now, I'd like to continue with map a bit.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Ah, even the name of the thread seemed familiar. :) Welcome back to awesome maps linamus! :thup: (that rhymes! kinda)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Your Hero Class system reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy Tactics.

Ah, good times. :)

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
ok i like it but its to slow in single player mutiplayer maby but i dont play multiplayer gj tho

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I can quallify for items and creeps. Just tell me the theme of the creeps, and how many items you need for now and I will start working on them.

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
I'd like to meet you in bnet, there we could talk about details in-game, so, send me your name, realm and online info in pm. Thanks for application tho.

Randor244

Reaction score
Haha - I thought I had seen this thread before :D

You had an amazing screenshot back then - a view over a large forest. Do you know which I mean, and can you in that case post it here again? :)
Looking really nice by the way ;)

Randor244

Reaction score
Haha - I thought I had seen this thread before :D

You had an amazing screenshot back then - a view over a large forest. Do you know which I mean, and can you in that case post it here again? :)
Looking really nice by the way ;)

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
@vampire: Doesn't depend on me, since save/load would be much more complicated on this map, so I can just wait for jass-pro-volunteers.

@Randor: Digged it up

foresty.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.