The Last Airbender

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
It does look awesome... except it doesn't look like Avatar...
He's supposed to be some clueless kid, not one of those monks you see in the movies with their cool hood over their head, lols. But it does look cool, but I doubt it'll be too much like the cartoon. It looks more violent, which is cool, :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
First closed the thread thinking it was about the Show.
Its about the Movie. Well... I feel dumb xD

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Looks pretty awesome, but not 100% like the show. Hopefully a good variation.

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
This movie I must see! Not because it is based on an anime (I've never heard of the last airbernder) but because M. Night Shyamalan is the director. I mean the guy hasn't made a bad movie since before the sixth sense (except for The Happening but everyone screws up once in a while).

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Looks pretty cool. :thup:

This movie I must see! Not because it is based on an anime (I've never heard of the last airbernder) but because M. Night Shyamalan is the director. I mean the guy hasn't made a bad movie since before the sixth sense (except for The Happening but everyone screws up once in a while).

I take it you didn't see Lady in the Water, Signs, or any movie he has made since Sixth Sense. :D

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
I saw really good previews for this when we went to see transformers. Doesn't come out till next summer though :( makes me sad !

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
First off all, the fact that they're showing trailers of this a full year in advance makes me want to crap down the throats of whoever made that intelligent decision. Bastards.

Second off, this does look really cool, but how do they fit that entire series into 2-3 hours? I mean, what's the record for longest movie, really?

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Um, for a good movie? 6 hours? lol

Well, a lot of like shows adapted into movies work. It might be along the storyline, but not already shown. Like the opposite of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars series. It shows things not seen, happening after Episode 2, so this movie might show things not seen, between some of the books. Or it might just show one book at a time. But I hope it doesn't, or it'll fail like Eragon, having an hour and half to show 500 pages, when it could've been like at least two hours.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

Reaction score
You know what I really can't wait to see? The martial arts that Aing [sp?] uses... He tends to use a lot of his air bending when he fights, to propel himself up and around or push people away like a punch with his air bending and it's going to be cool to see that happen in a live action movie.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Think it's Aang, heh.
Yeah, I guess it shows some of the (weird) airbending in the trailer. It doesn't seem so controlled in this, I don't like that, D:. It looks more like water.
The world looks coolly generated.
The director's name is hard to read. :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

Reaction score
Speaking of water bending, is that girl going to be in it? The water bender?! I'd LOVE to see the effects incorporated with her fighting skills. The water whip and whatnot... Awesome.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
id like to point out that the live action movie adaption of animated shows has gone badly so far. look at dragonball evolution which was directed by Stephen Chow, he made a good martial arts movie back in 2004-2005

And if you have seen pictures of the actors, they look ugly in my opinion :/

thewrongvine

Reaction score
lols, just looked at them now.
Ha, the guy from Slumdog Millionaire plays Zuko, the fire guy, that's funny. A lot of those actors, this is only their first or second movie, :O
Well, maybe if this movie has good special effects...

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

Reaction score
id like to point out that the live action movie adaption of animated shows has gone badly so far. look at dragonball evolution which was directed by Stephen Chow, he made a good martial arts movie back in 2004-2005

And if you have seen pictures of the actors, they look ugly in my opinion :/

You could also see right from the get-go that DBE was going to be different. It was set in a modern day era. This is going to be done ON the Anime's home turf, so to speak.

It should most definitely be better than DBE without much extra effort :)

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
think about, Stephen Chow probably grew up with DBZ, with all that knowledge, especially because DBZ was more of a deal back in China and Japan than in America he would know what he was doing, yet a lot of people hate it.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
i laughed my head off when i saw his face

Rofl, same here. :p

I liked the series, but I didn't really think it was going to be made into a movie. If they did ever make it into a movie, I thought it was going to be some trilogy. (One for each season) But I guess not. Oh well, I hope it is worth seeing, the effects should be worth it at least. =P

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.