WIP The Lost Troll Tribes - Isles of Frisha

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
LostTrollTribes.png
Status Under Development
The Lost Troll Tribes
Isles of Frisha

Note: For screenshots, please keep on opening the spoilers to find some.

HELP is what I will appreciate the most from you. There are a lot of underdeveloped things in this map, and whats worse is that I can't do this game alone. The following are currently extremely helpful. Open the spoiler below for the most appreciated and needed help.

Ground Terrain - I am using Sunken Ruins as a tileset, and for the size, you don't need to bother about it. I would make a lot of use of a terrain that is a piece of large island. So that if there are multiple submissions of terrains, I could combine all the fun stuffs in one!

Skills - Okay, so the classes are not filled with skills yet, there are too many skills missing. If you want to try and totally build up a class, why not. The skills are basic, you use hero skills. The first skill is a spellbook, containing mainly some basic skills for a certain class. Second skill and third skill would be something that you might need to use immediately, or something more powerful or useful than the ones stored in the spellbook. The last skill is the ultimate, which some classes already have. But hey I'm not telling you which of them has ultimates already, you might have a better idea for an ultimate. For the balancing of the skills, you don't need to. I'll nerf them if needed so.

Custom Resource - Well, I use a lot of customization in here. A lots of custom icons and models! So if you find any useful resource, please tell me, since I can always spot the great resources around here.

Items and Structures - I have a slow progress on this one, though I have a blueprint of them in my clearbook :D Though you are free to make your own and submit it here. Like making recipes for example (e.g. flint + mineral = some item) Since I have made such large blueprint that will give the map, a lot of herbs and potions around.

Suggestions, Bug Reports, and Feedback - Feel free to drop some here!

Episodes
I. Isles of Frisha

Introduction
"The Lost Troll Tribes" is an ongoing underdevelopment map that is focused on imitating the game structure of "Ice Troll Tribes" which has been on many other versions already, like "Island Troll Tribes". Though, there are pretty significant differences on this project that is easily noticeable, like the interface more. [more to come]

Classes
Unlike the other troll tribe games, this includes several selection of heroes, though it does not have the sub-class system like in "Island Troll Tribes". The classes may not look as they are in the screenshots below. They might have some fancy attachments in-game to make them look more eye-candy to the gamers.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

In-game Screenshot of Headhunter

3A.jpg

The Animals
1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-2.jpg

6-2.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-2.jpg

9-2.jpg

10-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

Pet System
The pet system is unlike the other Troll Tribe games, since everybody is allowed to tame a pet for himself. As for the beast master, his pets gains extra features. And taming a pet is not that easy at all, since you have chances, well the beastmaster of course has a higher chance of having a pet instantly. And pets grow differently but starts as the same creature.

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

5-3.jpg

Misc Screenshots

The Tribe Start Locations
Stormreaver, Frostwolf, Blackrock.

3-3.jpg

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

1A.jpg

2A.jpg

Messy Testing Grounds :)
12-1.jpg

13.jpg

Funny Terrain Bug!
Buggy.jpg

The Credits
This section is for crediting those in the project team, resource owners, and also those who actually did some help. I used a lot of custom resources, but I failed to list all the resource owners, so if you really want you credit, please don't hesitate to tell me and I'll include you. Also if you think I owe you something relating to this project, please tell me and I'll add you too :D

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
The custom palm tree looks very weird when spammed you realised?

In the last screenshot the ramp is bugged.

FhelZone

Reaction score
Yup, I have much troubles with terraining, especially when it comes to the ramp. That is why I would like a new set of terrain from someone, since I don't really know how to create perfect ramps and elevation. For the palm trees, it was just to show you a small screenshot.

FhelZone

Reaction score
Update - 3:38 AM

lolz, hey waaaks!.....

@MagnaGuard
wahahahahah, I laughed imagining the game was somekind of anime it was like.

Troll 1: Hey mon, there's an elk, let's hunt it down for food!
Troll 2: I get you mon.....

Episode 2

After several hunting, the two trolls finaly discovered a whole new civilization....

lolz

Anyway, the episodes is the way I give my games versions. Since I don't think most people remembers something like 1.67 or whatever so I use I, II, III, IV, etc.... It would be easier for them to determine an old and a new version.

New screenshots, and an exclusive, see my messy testing grounds.....

BTW, try to identify the items on the picture lolz.....

Another Update - 4:43 PM

Well, that was actually fast, but I've prepared the pet system now. My taming system was finished a long time ago, though I still don't have the "Growing" system. So I've decided that each player could have a unique specie as his pet. So see the spoiler for the "Pet System".

FhelZone

Reaction score
Bumpity!

Update

I did some simple terrain, and it was quite worth it. Anyway, I remade the terrain for the start locations, before they were 3 islands for each tribe, now their 3 regions on a big "trollmade" island. The structures at the back is the clans "Wonder (Coming Soon)" while the question marks are the heroes (Which will turn into your class after selecting one. Here are some brand new screenshots.

3-3.jpg

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

The terrain height was like, 5 more or less, so it was quite hard to shape and not that epic looking :)

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If it's not too late, you should try using a different style of cliffs.

This to be exact.

It takes more time to make and might give your map limitations (Depending on your triggers and abilities) but it definitely is a foundation to a great terrain.

But, then again, I noticed that it's too late.

Anyway, your terraining is good, but one of my worries for your map is that it might not be enough difference to actually make players move on to your map.

You haven't shown us much terrain too. That concerns me :p/.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
You should request someone to remove the bracers of the wolfs at their skin.

FhelZone

Reaction score
@wraithseeker
I actually like the palm trees :3 I'll try to make a poll on the WE section, and see if the normal tree goes nice or the custom one ;D And don't forget to vote.

@iPeez
Actually your very right, it is actually weird for wolves to have those braces on them. I have thought of that too myself, though my problem is the filesize, I've already reached 3.26 Mb for the map (includes all imports). Though I might also spare some space for that.

Anyway, for this post, I have not much update to show, so nothing for a little while. The progress for all other aspects of the map is actually slowing down, due to the fact that I've started out some new "decent" I hope terrain. Though I would still be thinking about the trees :D Most of the units are now ready, though I would still need to tweak their stats for balancing puposes (currently, offense is the best choice since the units are easily damaged. So I would need to think a way for it - Downloaded Unit Balancer :D) And for the items, I bet their all prepared, though I would still like to add more recipes. Skills are added to the heroes as long as I think it would look nice on them :) And I have different concepts for the pet system so I would still need to make my decision to finish the whole system. Well, I once spent some time working on the loadingscreen and preview, though I won't show them yet :p It actually ate around 1.7 Mb though it was worth it. Stay tuned for more updates :D

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
dont over use custom models for doodads, try some combination, normal, canopy, and imported model

Troll 1: Hey mon, there's an elk, let's hunt it down for food!
Troll 2: I get you mon.....
Troll 1: Really? I thought you're not Jamaican?
Troll 2: Duh!...of course we're not, 'cause we're trolls
Troll 1: Ahh..ok..(stabs on elk)

FhelZone

Reaction score
Yup, I have used the normal trees, found it easier to terrain. Actually the palm trees were just doodads, not destructibles hahaha. So the point is that, it was just to add effects to the starting points.

I'm trying to whip out a terrain right now, when I get finished, I'll release the terrain as open source. It would be easier to improve it with someone who is skilled in polishing it up. My progress is still slow since I began terraining.

Sneakster

Reaction score
This game looks really really fun! I would like to help in any way possible because I wanna play this map ASAP! :D

FhelZone

Reaction score
BUMP
buahahahah I just can't help laughing, I need to show you guys something. Open the first spoiler :D

smiley_lol.gif

95blojoe

Reaction score
LostTrollTribes.png
Status Under Development
The Lost Troll Tribes
Isles of Frisha

Note: For screenshots, please keep on opening the spoilers to find some.

HELP is what I will appreciate the most from you. There are a lot of underdeveloped things in this map, and whats worse is that I can't do this game alone. The following are currently extremely helpful. Open the spoiler below for the most appreciated and needed help.

Ground Terrain - I am using Sunken Ruins as a tileset, and for the size, you don't need to bother about it. I would make a lot of use of a terrain that is a piece of large island. So that if there are multiple submissions of terrains, I could combine all the fun stuffs in one!

Skills - Okay, so the classes are not filled with skills yet, there are too many skills missing. If you want to try and totally build up a class, why not. The skills are basic, you use hero skills. The first skill is a spellbook, containing mainly some basic skills for a certain class. Second skill and third skill would be something that you might need to use immediately, or something more powerful or useful than the ones stored in the spellbook. The last skill is the ultimate, which some classes already have. But hey I'm not telling you which of them has ultimates already, you might have a better idea for an ultimate. For the balancing of the skills, you don't need to. I'll nerf them if needed so.

Custom Resource - Well, I use a lot of customization in here. A lots of custom icons and models! So if you find any useful resource, please tell me, since I can always spot the great resources around here.

Items and Structures - I have a slow progress on this one, though I have a blueprint of them in my clearbook :D Though you are free to make your own and submit it here. Like making recipes for example (e.g. flint + mineral = some item) Since I have made such large blueprint that will give the map, a lot of herbs and potions around.

Suggestions, Bug Reports, and Feedback - Feel free to drop some here!

Episodes
I. Isles of Frisha

Introduction
"The Lost Troll Tribes" is an ongoing underdevelopment map that is focused on imitating the game structure of "Ice Troll Tribes" which has been on many other versions already, like "Island Troll Tribes". Though, there are pretty significant differences on this project that is easily noticeable, like the interface more. [more to come]

Classes
Unlike the other troll tribe games, this includes several selection of heroes, though it does not have the sub-class system like in "Island Troll Tribes". The classes may not look as they are in the screenshots below. They might have some fancy attachments in-game to make them look more eye-candy to the gamers.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

In-game Screenshot of Headhunter

3A.jpg

The Animals
1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-2.jpg

6-2.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-2.jpg

9-2.jpg

10-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

Pet System
The pet system is unlike the other Troll Tribe games, since everybody is allowed to tame a pet for himself. As for the beast master, his pets gains extra features. And taming a pet is not that easy at all, since you have chances, well the beastmaster of course has a higher chance of having a pet instantly. And pets grow differently but starts as the same creature.

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

5-3.jpg

Misc Screenshots

The Tribe Start Locations
Stormreaver, Frostwolf, Blackrock.

3-3.jpg

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

1A.jpg

2A.jpg

Messy Testing Grounds :)
12-1.jpg

13.jpg

Funny Terrain Bug!
Buggy.jpg

The Credits
This section is for crediting those in the project team, resource owners, and also those who actually did some help. I used a lot of custom resources, but I failed to list all the resource owners, so if you really want you credit, please don't hesitate to tell me and I'll include you. Also if you think I owe you something relating to this project, please tell me and I'll add you too :D

I sended you a PM :DD cause i wanna join! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.