The Scientology thread - the OG!

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
“New Village Academy will lead the world in identifying innovative learning styles, educational best practices and the ingredients for enduring prosperity.” This quote is from the Vision Statement of the new school being funded and founded by Will Smith. Some of the “innovative learning styles” are Montessori, the Constructivist Model, and L. Ron Hubbard Study Tech, among others.

Study Tech was “developed” by L. Ron Hubbard and is used worldwide by the Church of Scientology. It is also promoted by a group called Applied Scholastics, a known Scientology front group. It combines common sense with learning techniques that have been around since the dawn of language, and gift wraps it in a shiny new package — with only 4% of the total income as the cost.

-----------------
Applied Scholastics. The L Ron Hubbard Organization for spreading Scientology in schools. As long as they don't hide the fact that L Ron Hubbard and Scientology is behind it I don't care. I do know that Scientology is famous for using its Organizations to get backing without making the Backer fully understand the connection to Wacko Scientology. I had heard Will Smith was a Scientologist but this is the first article I have seen that mentions it.

Last edited:

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
PARIS (Reuters) - A French judge has ordered two departments and seven prominent members of the Church of Scientology in France to stand trial on charges of organized fraud, a judicial source said on Monday.

The case is the latest in a series of legal battles that have pitted the French judicial system against the Scientologists, who could be forced to stop their activities in France if found guilty.

The latest suit centers on a complaint made in 1998 by a woman who said she was enrolled into the Church of Scientology by a group of people she met outside a metro station.

In the following months, she said she paid 140,000 francs (21,340 euros) for "purification packs" and books which she said were a fraud. Other complaints then surfaced, prolonging the investigation.

Read more about it here.

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Is Scientology a recognized religion in France, or is it just considered a secular organization? I would assume the latter from this --

The Church of Scientology is registered as a religion in the United States but has struggled to be accepted in Europe, with French authorities seeing it as a sect masquerading as a church to make money.

-- but if that's the case, I'd like to know how they distinguish between a "church" and a "sect masquerading as a church".

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Well, that's good news. I guess all their buisness is fraud.
If you here news about scientology in german TV it's simply "scientology is a cult!"
And I actually believe it.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Member of "Anonymous" nabbed for January attack on church web sites

A New Jersey teenager who considered himself a member of "Anonymous," the shadowy underground group that has targeted the Church of Scientology, was charged today with an online assault on the church's web sites earlier this year. Dmitriy Guzner, 18, allegedly was involved in a denial of service attack on Scientology web sites in January, a plot that "contributed to the unavailability of the web sites," according to a criminal information filed today in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles.

The agreement estimates that the Church of Scientology suffered losses of between $30,000 and $70,000 as a result of the Internet attack.

Last edited:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Since when is DDoSing illegal? I promise you, if you call someones ISP right now saying someone is DDoSing you, they're going to say something like "That sucks, your problem".

L2Migration. :thup:

duyen

Reaction score
Since when is DDoSing illegal? I promise you, if you call someones ISP right now saying someone is DDoSing you, they're going to say something like "That sucks, your problem".

L2Migration. :thup:

It wasn't DDoS, it was only DoS.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I just watched the Creed of Scientology. It made me laugh.

"Men are basically good."

Haha.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like it was a lawsuit. If it was Scientology likely it was a lawsuit. Notice the mention of damages?

Berserk

Reaction score
Mostlikely lawsuit yes.
But to be honest.. I don't see the "religion" part in church of scientology anyway... It's more of a business so they shouldn't go with names "religion" and "church"

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Notice the mention of damages?

No, but I'll look for it.

But to be honest.. I don't see the "religion" part in church of scientology anyway... It's more of a business so they shouldn't go with names "religion" and "church"

Well, this "religion" just seems like a form of Humanism.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
cb-vulkan2.gif

Scientology is a fake religion that limits the freedom of speech of any member.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Glosslip sources revealed well-known anti-Scientology critic Mark Bunker was arrested along with another critic Doug Owens (moniker Mark Lowell) at the Scientology’s Hemet, California compound known as Gold Base.

Bunker, was there to speak at meeting by the Riverside County Board of Supervisors to discuss issues related to protests taking place at the Hemet Scientology facility. Video of today’s meeting can be seen here, including what Mark described as a “revealing links between Chairman Jeff Stone and close affiliations with the Church of Scientology.

After the meeting, Mark and a group of protesters, including members of Anonymous who posted about the arrest at WhyWeProtest.net, headed to Gold Base for a previously scheduled protest. Gold Base is the main headquarters for Scientology’s secret sect the Sea Organization. The Sea Org consists of the most devout members, who are forced to sign the infamous “billion year contract”, and work at the secluded compound, often for only room and board. Glosslip has detailed some of the horrors and atrocities which have occurred within the Sea Org, including slave labor, forced abortions and physical violence.

Glosslip was able to contact Mark Bunker shortly after he was arrested and processed for trespassing. Mark gave us the exclusive details on what led to the arrest of he and fellow protester Doug Owens.

Last edited:

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
The collaborative online encyclopedia Wikipedia has banned the Church of Scientology from editing the site. The Register reports Wikipedia’s Arbitration Committee, or ArbCom, voted 10 to 0 in favor of the ban, which takes effect immediately.

Wikipedia’s innovative free-encyclopedia draws upon the knowledge of millions of users to create and edit articles on every conceivable topic. Edits appear immediately and do not undergo any formal peer-review process.

Wikipedia officially prohibits use of the encyclopedia to advance personal agendas – such as advocacy or propaganda and philosophical, ideological or religious dispute – but the open format makes enforcing such policies difficult.

Last edited:

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Hm...

It's hard to see why and why not.

I've never heard of the Church of Scientology in my live until now...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.