Status
Not open for further replies.

Uszi

Reaction score
Great thread, here's an idea I was thinking of using, but cool to share:

Name: Mortar Strike
Type: AoE area target spell
Targets: Enemies in like 350 AoE
Description: Casting the spell creates Mortar owned by the player with map-wide range somewhere inaccesssable with Locust. The teams then fire at a random point within the targeted region. Teams fire more times per level, when done firing is removed from the game. Think Air Strike in Call of Duty
Extra 1: Change the mortar teams to meatwagons or something if you don't want them to be mortar teams i.e. Missile Strike, Gyrocopter strike.

Undead Me

Reaction score
Man, I'm churning these things out like a machine

Name: Intervene
Type: Targeted, single enemy attacking one of your units
Description: Can only be used on an enemy attacking one of your units. Teleports the caster instantly to the targeted unit in a beam of light, healing the unit, and knocking back all nearby enemies a large distance. Deals damage to the targeted enemy based on the distance when you cast the spell. More distance = more damage.
Note1: I'm picturing this as sort of a holy hero spell, made to save distant units from certain death.
Note2: I think the distance to damage formula probably needs to be a square root function, and might even need to be capped somewhere. We want it to be great at very long range, but not unfair.

Uszi

Reaction score
Name: Blaze
Type: Self Targeted movement speed boost with firey consequences
Targets: Self, MS boost. Enemies, Damage per second
Description: Cast it on yourself to recieve a boost to MS, and as you walk you leave a trail of fire behind you, dealing damage per second to any enemy caught standing in it, or trying to chase you.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
Name: Electric Prison
Type: AoE, channeling
Targets: Ground, Enemy
Description: When casted, static wards come out from the ground around the hero creating a circular prison with the hero in the middle. All the units within 800 range from the hero are trapped in the prison. The units can neither leave or enter the prison once the wards are up. The static wards shoot out chain lightning bouncing 1 time, every 1 second hitting random enemies within the prison. Chain Lightning does 50 damage. The hero is in the center of the prison, channeling the spell. The enemies within the prison are encouraged to kill the hero. If the hero gets stunned, dies or cancels the spells, the wards die out instantly.
Mana Cost: 350mp
Duration: 30 seconds
Preferred use: Ultimate

Uszi

Reaction score
Name: Unstable Magick
Type: Targeted Nuke
Targets: Enemy players
Description:
Ability hits an enemy for % of their life, but causes % life damage to you as well:

Level 1: Enemies take 1/4 their life in damage, you take 1/4 as well.
Level 2: Enemies take 1/3 their life in damage, you take 1/4
Level 3: Enemies take 1/2, you take 1/4 still.

Etc. Tweak the numbers as needed.

Undead Me

Reaction score
Name: Mind Breaker
Type: Passive, Single Enemy
Description: On attacking there is a chance based on your Intelligence and the skill's level of converting an enemy unit into a neutral hostile for a duration that increases with the skill's level.
Note: This skill is only really applicable in games where all players have armies.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
i don't have a specific spell for this post, but a great idea... no one i don't think has thought of using the game time as part of the spell... meaning everyone uses a percentage of intel/agi/str to do damage.. or flat integer that'll do damage, or a combination of the above mentioned...

how about game time... after 15 min of elpased game time, the spell will do 200 damage... after 30 min of game time the spell will do 400 damage... after 60 min.. it'll do 800 damage... (i know 800 damage is too unfair, but after 60 min of game time... the user deserves to do 800 damage to his enemies...and games usually don't last 60 min)...

but try using elapsed game time to factor in the damage integer...

Man-o-Bomb

Reaction score
Name: Lava Ball
Targets: Enemy
Type: Damage, Stun.
Description: Sends out a ball of pure lava, that will bounce 2/3/4/5 times, AoE stunning and damaging each jump.

Name: Faerie Magic
Type: Random types of damage
Description: Creates a ball of mystical energy. The ball will shoot random spells in all directions (Shockwave, Chain Lightning, Death Coil, Storm Bolt, Entangling Roots etc.).

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Name: Malevolence
Targets: Enemy Heroes
Type: Damage/Regeneration
Description: Steals the inner soul of an enemy hero, damaging it and rendering it unable to attack units from this plane of existence for a short period of time. The soul is transferred to the caster, thus it will recharge his weary mind for a few seconds. When the soul returns to its original host it will weaken him, reducing his health regeneration briefly.

Undead Me

Reaction score
Name: Roar of the Four Winds
Type: Channeling
Description: Gives a boost to the attack speed and movespeed of nearby allies, while decreasing the attack and movespeed of nearby enemies as long as the spell is channeled. Also summons Zephyrus, Borealis, Euro, and Notus, 4 controllable tornadoes. These wind spirits slowly push enemies away from themselves, allowing you to move your enemies about.
Note: Probably best used as a hero ultimate.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Name: Mana Shards
Type: Passive
Targets: Self
Description: Being unable to fully controll the mystical powers of mana, the magician leaks small amounts of the magical essence upon every spell he casts. Rather than waste this precious energy however, he crystalizes the wasted mana upon every spells cast and uses it to create one Mana Shard. This will temporary float around him and boost his magical capabilities.
Maximum Crystal Count: 1/2/3/4 Mana Crystals
Crystal Duration: 15/20/25/30 Seconds
Mana Regeneration Per Crystal: + 10/15/20/25% Mana Regeneration
Intelligence Bonus Per Crystal: + 2/3/4/5 Intelligence

Man-o-Bomb

Reaction score
Name: Orb of Chaos
Targets: Enemys
Type: Pushback, damage, stun
Description: Creates an orb that spins around casting hero for x seconds, in maybe 300-500 range away from the hero. The orb flyes with great speed (Takes about 1.5-2 seconds for it to get all around) and if it hits an enemy, he will get pushed back (In an realistic direrection (Not away from the hero, but away from the orb)) stunned and damage. The orb will spin the other way around the hero then.

Name: Link of Travel
Targets: Enemys
Type: Teleportation
Description: Links 2 enemys together for 3/6/9/12 seconds. Each 3 second, the enemys will swift position with each other.

Name: Holy Pulse
Targets: Friends
Type: AoE heal
Description: Starts channeling a spell on a friendly target (Non self), costing mana per second. Each second a wave of holy energy will jump to the target, healing it and jump further if it can. Each wave jumps 2/3/4/5 times. Stops when hero runs out of mana or after 6/7/8/9 seconds.
Note: Not the spell healing wave, but small waves jumping slowly around if possible.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Name: Rolling Boulder
Targets: All ground units
Type: damage, stun
Description: Bounces a boulder toward a target location that deals damage and stuns all units in the area, on every bounce. The boulder bounces up to three times before it breaks.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Name Earthquake
Type: Instant, channel
Targets: Enemy, Allied
Description: Starts charging seismic energies within for up to 15 seconds. When the channel finishes, slams the ground dealing heavy AOE damage, stunning nearby enemies and creating a global earthquake (affects whole map) that damage and slow units (except the caster). Units closer to the epicenter (caster's position) will take more damage and will be slowed more.
Earthquake's duration and intensity depends on channel duration.

Name: Berserker rage
Type: Instant
Description: Releases a terrifying howl that damages and knocks back enemies around the hero. For each nearby enemy unit gains 25%/35%/45%/55% bonus damage and 10%/15%/20%/25% attack speed for 10 seconds. Can only be casted bellow 33% hp.

Name: Arcane Prison
Type: Point Target
Targets: Allied, Enemy
Description: Creates a magic circle around target point, trapping units in it. Outside units cannot attack units inside the circle and units inside cannot attack those outside it. Units in the circle cannot attack each other physically, but can cast spells, have reduced spell cooldowns by 75% and their mana regeneration is increased by 300%. However, there is a static field inside the circle, damaging units every few seconds depending on their intelligence - the higher the int is, the more damage they'll take. Duration 15 seconds.

Uszi

Reaction score
Name: No Fear
Type: Active, Point Targeted
Targets: Enemies, Neutrals, etc.
Description: Summoning his courage, the hero leaps into the air, then comes crashing down, disorienting units in a 200 AoE, slowing their movement/attack speed.
Jump Distance: 200, 300, 400, 500, 600
AoE Damage: Depends on your map I suppose
Extra: If you want, throw in some damage to the castor, since he's using his body as a projectile. Lets say regardless, he looses 1/4 his HP. Make it more tactical.

Name: No Pain
Type: Passive
Targets: Self.
Description: Pain is just weakness leaving the body, so your hero adds a portion of his lost HP to his attack. The more damage he takes, the more damage he deals.
Divisor: 6/5/4/3
Extra: I'm thinking a strength hero. If Agil, you might want a smaller divisor.

Warraven

Reaction score
Name: Embody
Type: AOE, Dot, Slow
Targets: Enemy, non-hero
Description: Vesp embodies a nearby enemy non-hero unit increasing the embodied units attack speed and movement speed by X. After 30 seconds, if the embodied unit has not died Vesp bursts out killing the embodied unit. Nearby enemy units take initail damage, a small damage over time and are slowed for 5 seconds.
Level 1: +5% speed, 225 Initial DMG, -15% movement speed
Level 2: +7% speed, 300 Initial DMG, -25% movement speed
Level 3: +9% speed, 375 Initial DMG, -35% movement speed
Level 4: +15% speed, 450 Initial DMG, -50% movement speed
Extra 1: This spell is for a sort of virusy, infectious type hero.
Extra 2: Vesp is the heroes name.

Uszi

Reaction score
1/4 is a lot of HP;
But No Fear is good anyways.
No Pain is alright too.

Approved!

Yeah. I realized that now.

No pain is kinda OP. 1/2 is a lot of HP. I changed my mental schema to a Centaur Warchief late game in Dota running around with 500 HP and a +1500 damage mod on it...

Btw, this thread is fun. It's really satisfying to see one of your ideas in the list.

And on topic:

Name: Rallying Cry
Type: Instant cast, 400 AoE
Targets: Friendly, self
Description: The hero sounds a rallying cry, causing team members to be emboldened and enemies to cower! The spell debuffs a 400 AoE around the caster, and then boosts the attack of friendlies.

95blojoe

Reaction score
Name: Blood Rush
Type: instant cast,
Targets: Self?
Description: The unit becomes invunerble for 9 seconds, gets 225% movement speed bonus and 225% attack speed bonus, but dies when its finnished.
Extra 1:
Extra 2:

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Name: Lightning Strike
Type:Channeling
Targets:Self,Random
Description: Lightning will hit the caster every second from the sky dealing 100 damage and bouncing 3 times to enemy units near by.
Level 1 has 20% increase in damage each bounce and last 3 seconds.
Level 2 has 30% increase in damage each bounce and last 4 seconds.
Level 3 has 40% increase in damage each bounce and last 5 seconds.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Name: Storm Clap
Type: Instant
Target Enemy, Ground
Description: Chuck a hammer at a foe and the impact causes a tunder clap and stuns the target
Level 1: 100 hammer damage, 50 clap damage 2 second stun.
Level 2: 200 hammer damage, 100 clap damage 3 second stun.
Level 3: 300 hammer damage, 150 clap damage 4 second stun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.