This game could actually rival Starcraft AND Minecraft if completed.

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
This game has some SERIOUS potential..... goodbye minecraft. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That actually looks pretty damn fun. It better be online though and they better have an option to fast forward things.

BlowingKush

Reaction score
I am going to spend the next 6 months of my life promoting this game.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
The minute I saw the black UI i was like.

"This shit was made in unity fo sure."

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously, I gots dibs on the game genre and marketing strategy: Sandbox RTS. Castle Story Indev. (InfDev, Alpha, Beta, 1.0,...)

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Looks pretty cool game. Well, If you like games like these.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I prefer real-time strategies with a mix of "indie"-ness in them. In another sense, it could be called my favorite anticipation from the gaming industry.

If I'm waiting on a real-time strategy and simulation game, I believe Castle Story makes it closer to what I anticipated.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it is playable online I would definately play this.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Looks awesome!
Cool idea, a fun combination of elements, heh. I look forward to this.

They have a nice little instructional cartoon on their website as well.

BlowingKush

Reaction score
ya the cartoon on the weeb site is awesome
cant wait till he gets warrior bricktrons working

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I can already tell I am going to love this freaking games. It reminds me of the old Dungeon Keeper but much better and deeper. It sounds like what Dungeon Keeper was billed as.

I am intrigued.

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
In my opinion:

1. The game/castle editor part should allow you to pick the material and type of block and simply point click (just like the "phantom" blocks are placed) . Having to wait for some yellow thingies to climb, walk/run, gather resource, etc. is boring.

2. An intuitive (pictures etc.) UI (not some menu/buttons) for the castle building could work great. Then after creatures/players attack you or something you get resource [ex: from the 'dead' bodies of the creatures? =)] automatically. I really don't like the whole worker management.

3. Is it really necessary that the world/map should be flying islands only? What's so bad with just simple terrain? More terrain types (grass, rock, snow [snow is a must! =)]) is surly required.

4. I think some rpg/stats elements [castle/bricks leveling anyone =)] would do great as well.

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
In my opinion:

1. The game/castle editor part should allow you to pick the material and type of block and simply point click (just like the "phantom" blocks are placed) . Having to wait for some yellow thingies to climb, walk/run, gather resource, etc. is boring.

2. An intuitive (pictures etc.) UI (not some menu/buttons) for the castle building could work great. Then after creatures/players attack you or something you get resource [ex: from the 'dead' bodies of the creatures? =)] automatically. I really don't like the whole worker management.

3. Is it really necessary that the world/map should be flying islands only? What's so bad with just simple terrain? More terrain types (grass, rock, snow [snow is a must! =)]) is surly required.

4. I think some rpg/stats elements [castle/bricks leveling anyone =)] would do great as well.

Keep in mind this is only an early alpha. Also, regarding 3, I think they use it as a convenient way of going around infinite depth. Bottom of the island = death by fall. Also, they will probably add more terrain types later on.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
In response to point 1... I believe that's the entire point. Having the "Bricktrons" climb, walk, gather resources, and place them is why it's interesting. If it was just point-click-creation, that's been done a lot more than having actual workers assemble piece by piece.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this link is relevant to this 2012 post LOL

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.