Thorns aura returns 0% of damage?

B

Blademaster_X

I edited the thorns aura ability on nightelfabilityfunc.txt, and I'm certain I didn't touch anything except the button position and the research position. But in-game it says for all three levels that it will return 0% damage back to the attacker. Any solution to this?:confused:

T

The Light

This might be due to the fact that the proprety you have edited about Thorns aura has destabilised the damage proprety, or maybe they are not tying in with each other.

I'm sure Darg will be able to shed more light on your problem as I cannot verify my prophecy from where I'm writing this.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
There's a chance that you may have changed the unit code for thorns aura or you have changed the referenced code for it in your func.txt file. That damage value you see in the thorns aura description in the game is a value that is extracted directly out of abilitydata.slk, as you can see, for example, with some code like <ABliz, Data11>. So if for some reason that reference isnt right, then the value will show as being 0 by default.

Oh yeah, and here's an extra bit of info you need to know: Since thorns aura does % damage, make sure your reference to it is a % reference. Here's an example:

Thorns aura does <ATho, Data11, %>% damage.

Here, a value of 0.15 in Data11 in abilitydata.slk will show as 15% in the game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.