Environment Three Eyed Fish Caught Outside a Nuclear Power Plant

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Fishermen in Córdoba, Argentina caught a three-eyed wolf fish in a reservoir fed by a local nuclear power plant, which will surely hinder the plant's owner's attempt to run for local office.

The fishermen say their discovery, which actually bears no resemblance to Blinky the three-eyed fish from The Simpsons, has begun to worry local residents who live near the reactor.

Last edited:

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
This is evolution. What are they afraid of?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
>This is evolution. What are they afraid of?
This could be evolution caused by unnatural means (such as pollution) that may have undesirable side effects. Evolution basically works on the idea that one who has a certain trait has a greater chance to survive. Those without this trait die, making the trait more dominant. This is just a simple mutation, evolution is more the idea of the long term success of mutation.

If this mutation was caused by the DNA of the fish being damaged from the pollution, then there is no telling what other bizarre things could happen. If this is predicted to evolve in a way that does not help humans, then there is something to worry about. For example, if this fish evolves to have three eyes as a consequence of the pollution, it may also evolve to be inedible for the same reasons.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
It's irresponsible for the nuclear power plant owners to get rid of their waste unofficially, IF it's actually the toxic waste that made them mutate this way. If not, I'd be interested in what could have caused this mutation, since evolution doesn't occur in such a small timeframe.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Evolution shouldn't be this drastic so quickly. Its more like a forced mutation.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
>since evolution doesn't occur in such a small timeframe.
Read my post, if you have not already. This is not evolution, but a mutation. Such things occur in humans all the time, we call them "birth defects" generally. They seem to have only caught one of these fish.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I think the most hilarious thing is that this actually quite closely mirrors the Simpsons episode, "Two Cars in Every Garage and Three Eyes on Every Fish". Mr Burns tries to run for governor but the finding of a three eyed fish in the power plant lake foils it.

You just couldn't make it up :p

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
>since evolution doesn't occur in such a small timeframe.
Read my post, if you have not already. This is not evolution, but a mutation. Such things occur in humans all the time, we call them "birth defects" generally. They seem to have only caught one of these fish.

If I'm not mistaken, "birth defects" are not equal to mutations.
Mutation = Change within a cell.
Defect = malfunction of a cell. Can be caused through mutation, but not nessessarily.

I'm no biologist and I'm not good at it either, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I never suggested it to be evolution in the first place. I just stated, that evolution doesn't occur in such a small timeframe.
So, I don't really get what you want to tell me with your post?

PS: read my post again, if you havn't already

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Are all of the eyes functional on the wolf fish? There are no other information about the fish in the article.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
If we really want to know if it's mutation, let's wait for a while. If there are more, there's a higher chance it's a forced mutation :p

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
It may be a natural mutation like the one about "one eyed shark" found recently?!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.