Time of Day Tinting, Plz help.

BassZ

Reaction score
Hey im working on a single player rpg and want to make it so when its a specific time of day the game tinting changed.

So say the game starts out in day, lets say noon, the tint is 100%,100%,100%(Red,Green,Blue)

About 6 pm it fades to (75%,75%,50%)

At 9pm it fades to (50%,25%,75%)

Then at 4am it fades to (75%,50%,75%)

and at 6am back to (100%,100%,100%)

How would i make screen tint. I know how to tell it to do something depending on game time but i cant find a screen tint effect.

Thanks to all who help, ill plus rep the first person who shows me how to do this and it works.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
You need to use a fade filter:
Code:
Events: 
Time of day becomes equal to X
Conditions:
Actions:
Cinematic - Apply fade filter using Black mask with (0.00 0.00 0.00) with X% transparency
The higher you set the transparency, the darker the screen gets. 50% should be good for times like 6 PM; if you want it really dark, use 75% :thup:

BassZ

Reaction score
You need to use a fade filter:
Code:
Events: 
Time of day becomes equal to X
Conditions:
Actions:
Cinematic - Apply fade filter using Black mask with (0.00 0.00 0.00) with X% transparency
The higher you set the transparency, the darker the screen gets. 50% should be good for times like 6 PM; if you want it really dark, use 75% :thup:

thanks i changed it to white cuz i wanted a color effect and black was not cutting it but that solved my problem. +rep to you good sir!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.