Other Tomb of Jarrahcon

BioDiablo

Reaction score
I have an idea for a Hero ^______^

Spirit Healer (the hero model based on the Orcish Shadow Hunter)
2 skills should be similar to the Holy Clergy - the one that damages and other that increases for example speed (based on Bloodlust).
The main healing spell - Rejunevation; plus and minus might be that it regenerates health over time.
Tranquility - Healing Wave instead of it. I personally think that Healing Wave is the best healing spell ever since you just cast it and run and because it doesn't heal only 1 person.
Resurrection replaced by Dark Resurrection with a tooltip like this:
Spirit Healer is just an old orc. Sometimes he messes up the spell words and people come to life with one less arm…
The meaning of that would be that the person comes back to life either with more or less hitpoints… Would be fun I think :)

Xenoche

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I was really tired after work and didnt get around to testing it, I'll try again tonight. BioDiablo, you have to realize that when I implement new heroes its a major event in the fact that I have to also add a new weapon set, add them to the damage system, and also, balance them all at the same time.

Feel free to suggest class ideas, but don't expect them to be added anytime soon, as it is a lengthly process.

Boss AI is something that I'm quite rusty at, knowledge wise, for those of you that have played to the higher levels of the game, some ideas on how I could make the bosses themselves more challenging (without simply upping hp and damage). These could be ability ideas, or simply how they interact with the team.

BioDiablo

Reaction score
I don't want to seem rude or something but…
First - I still don't know what I am supposed to do in the Act 10.
Second - How much time does the balancing of late levels take?

Since we get a wipe every time on the level before tombs I just took a glance on their damage and compared to bosses… well yeah… kewl (the revenants are the strongest of them all and they have ~100-120 damage). The previous lightning boss had 300 damage. Well… if you ask me - 3 lightning bosses would be easier then that bunch of creeps. So the pretty much only thing that I want now is the damage balance. I'm going crazy about this RPG and the waiting is killing me (I have already waited for another great RPG about half year so I guess I'm patient). Hope I'm not gonna make a suicide :D

Oh yeah… about the Assassin - do you really think he should have so much damage? I mean seriously… Our paladin casts on Sin the spell which makes the every hit critical and then Sin makes the Flash Combo and simply instantly kills the boss… This thing sort of ruins the boss scenes.

Another thing. There are no late game items. The +10 intelligence (and other things) doesn't seem serious when facing so strong creeps. I'm not asking for items with +100 stats, hell no. I want something like +12 intelligence and +2 armor on one item and so on. Oh… just remembered - the book which damages all creeps around with some sort of Rain of Fire… shouldn't it be also somehow balanced out? I mean it is really great if I get it in the Kobold Abode and it is useless if I get it in Forest. And as about the 2 items (Arcane Orb which reduces magical damage and increases bearers damage by 24 and Crystal Ball which reveals nearby invisible units). They both don't have sell price and the Crystal Ball isn't even pawnable. Is it supposed to be so?

*Waiting for update*

Xenoche

Reaction score
It's most definably not going to take 1/2 a year to update ;)

In fact, it WILL be ready within the next couple of days MAX, as work is finished for the week and I have loads of time to work on this.

Sorry I cant help it if your getting crazy :p

May I suggest a long walk and some yoga lol

About the assassin:
Yes he definatly does WAY to much damage, so I am scaling it down a bit next update.

About items:
Ancient items as they stand arnt that powerful I agree, and will be gaining a significant buff, however, with that buff come a lower drop rate. Meaning they wont drop on levels less than 6 but will be ever more powerful.

LotK

Reaction score
It's most definably not going to take 1/2 a year to update ;)

i hope so, because you already did with from version 0.8 til 0.9^^

anyway i rly wanna see that assassin
and i think if you remove drop chances you should at least drop those ancient items for those classes that are actually in play!

i had sooooooooo many games where there droped like 3 ancient assassin items, but we had no assassin!!!! then we thought: hey if the drop is so nice, why not taking assassin next time and BäM!! no ancient items!

BioDiablo

Reaction score
If there were creeps that stay invisible then Crystal Ball would serve more use. But since they attack and become visible CB is almost useless. So my suggestion - make some sort of secret shop (idea from COT) that appears in random acts and is invisible and has the Wander skill; so - invisible walking shop. Would be something interesting ain't it?

BioDiablo

Reaction score
Oh, one more thing.
Since this is an RPG - where is the Quest Log? :)
I mean that you should make quests appear. For example when you have entered the Harbor and went to the Merchant he simply says to go and find that priestess in Town of Hoisan. It is okay that he says that but it would be better if you make a quest that appears as Discovered in the Quest Log. It would simply make everything more understandable for people like thewrongvine who apparently didn't read everything and didn't know what to do next.

So what I suggest - (an example)
  1. You select hero
  2. Go to the merchant
  3. As you approach him you get the leadership
  4. The text appears over his head to go and find priestess
  5. A quest appears in the Quest Log marked as Discovered
  6. You find the priestess. The previous quest gets marked as Completed and new one appears after the battle with orcs.

Xenoche

Reaction score
Again, good idea, I will implement.

I come here now after looking at my Druid class going "this could be better", so I'm asking you guys, What would you like to see ability-wise in a druid?

So far Ive got:

Earthen Bolt - Nuke - Damage, entangles (staff based)

Summon Beasts - Summon - Summons 2 minions that have damage, enhanced by your focus and hp, enhanced by guile. They last 4 seconds per point of wisdom. (you start with 4 wisdom, so a base of 16 seconds).

Rejuvenation - Heals hit points over time for 20 seconds, healing 2 hp per wisdom.

Storm Crow - Metamorphosis - Morphs the druid into a storm crow gaining lightning splash attack for 10 seconds (+5 per level).

Are these ok? Do you guys have any ideas for the 5th skill, which doesn't have to be stat based? Please help out, its like I've got a creative block so any ideas would be awesome. Once this is done the version (after a test of course) will be released.

EDIT: Its late and I need my sleep, will check 1st thing in the morning and begin working on finalizing the druid and other suggetions you've suggested over the last couple of your posts. Expect to hear from me then. Update should be done by lunch time (if everything goes smoothly)

G'night all.

BioDiablo

Reaction score
These abils seem to be okay. I'm just not sure about the Crow since the Druid might land somewhere he is not supposed to…
Hmm the 5th… If I think of something then I will tell; currently the only idea is about the Roar-based skill or maybe give him a Hardened skin.. Dunno.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Well you see, that's were we bugged. We played up to the part after the... bridge of flames, then portal to the other place, then all that killing jazz, then you get the song of flame caller, then you kill SoFC, then you get the SoFenchanter thing, then you use that thing, then it comes out, then I kill it or something I cant remember, then I take the rune and return to the town, then she says to bring the ruin to the other place, but then there's no portal or anything in the town. Phew, that's like 20 THENS. Ok, anyways, the previous purple portal in that town doesn't work and i went to every corner, edge, side, spot in that map region and there was nothing. I clicked on everything too and there was nothing, lol.

BioDiablo

Reaction score
First thing - the next act initiates when you enter the region. Seems you already got that right. And second but not least important. You must have the quest item in your inventory.
So after you kill the Burning Spirit she gives you the Magical Tablet. Go to the centre (the statue) and then move west (out of town to the left). You might haven't initiated it prior because you maybe haven't gone in the region "correctly". Anyways… it is working. Maybe you were unable to go that time. But if you always stuck there then you aren't doing something right cause I was always able to get in the Forest.

LotK

Reaction score
btw xenoche, have you seen my suggestions i posted at thw?

EDIT: oh and when you gonna update?

Xenoche

Reaction score
Ok, the update is ready. The druid is completed, apart from the fact that I couldnt get the storm crow to work so hes got a replacement for now.

Changes:
-Increased XP penalty for multi classes, but added time before choosing classes to organize your team, press ESC when your ready to choose your class.
-Trainer is now accessed by pressing ESC, stops the cancellation of channeled abilities.
-Added new class, the Druid.
-Nerf to Assassin critical multiplier.
-Mid game creeps buffed, late game creeps nerfed.
-Resurrection re-balanced, shorter cool down, higher mana cost.
-Fixed a bug where the dark skull would get stuck.
-Buffed ranger int gain slightly.
-Re-balanced ranged damage nukes.
-Fire bolt IS wand skill based.

Expect next version (hopefully official release):
-Strategic Boss AI
-A few more logic instances at lower levels.
-More diversification of items.
-A expected further balancing of the Druid.
-Quest notifiers as to what to do and when there completed (thanks BioDiablo)
-Addition of secret invisible shops, destructables and creeps.

EDIT: I'm beginning beta tests on US east if anyones interested. If everything is balanced to my liking, then I will update the map here.

BioDiablo

Reaction score
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy… I would join but as I said I'm simply unable to.
What is wrong with Storm Crow?

Xenoche

Reaction score
Omg, I just had a game, druid is awesome, the people that played loved it, I'm happy :D:D:D

The only prob was a spawning bug, but that shouldn't take to much to fix.

I'm on the Case ;)

EDIT: The storm crow while cool, I couldn't get it to work :confused:
The druid would begin casting, change into the crow for like a second then turn back. So until I figure that out, or if anyone else knows why it would do that, that skill will be on stand-by. For now its replaced by a minion buff (frenzy) lame I know.

BioDiablo

Reaction score
When I played around with the morphing in the WE I also spotted that. And I simply watched at the values equal to a small time period which eventually led me to fixing it :) I'm not sure (since it was a while ago) but I think it was connected with the "Duration - Normal"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.