Other Tomb of Jarrahcon

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Whenever anyone is making a map, he or she will release updates when it's time to release updates. You should never pressure the mapmakers to release updates, or else they won't be very good ones.

BioDiablo

Reaction score
And you think it would be better to leave him simply alone? Dude… he might think that we got less interested in map if we aren't waiting (read - whining) for updates :D.
Who cares that they won't be good ones. I prefer more frequent updates since then we (players) can check things out and give a feedback. Map maker will simply fix it up. And I think it is easier to fix up little by little not all at once.
Whatever… as I said before - I'm patient :).

Xenoche

Reaction score
I'm really sorry dudes :(

But I could'nt help myself :D, I'm currently adding AI to the Bosses to make them alot more interesting.

Again, sorry for the wait, I'm just over half way through implementing AI (been working on it all day :eek:), thank you guys for the interest, this way when I do release it they'll be allot more to look forward too.

Stay tuned, I'm expecting to have the AI done by tonight (currently 4:20pm), I'm looking forward to releasing this version as much as you guys :p

The updated changes below:

Changes 0.95:
-Increased XP penalty for multi classes, but added time before choosing classes to organize your team, press ESC when your ready to choose your class.
-Trainer is now accessed by pressing ESC, stops the cancellation of channeled abilities.
-Added new class, the Druid.
-Nerf to Assassin critical multiplier.
-Mid game creeps buffed, late game creeps nerfed.
-Resurrection re-balanced, shorter cool down, higher mana cost.
-Fixed a bug where the dark skull would get stuck.
-Buffed ranger int gain slightly.
-Re-balanced ranged damage nukes.
-Fire bolt IS wand skill based.
-Strategic Boss AI
-Quest notifiers as to what to do and when there completed (thanks BioDiablo)
-Addition of secret invisible shops, destructables and creeps.

Expect next version (hopefully official release 1.00):
-A few more logic instances at lower levels.
-More diversification of items.
-A expected further balancing of the Druid.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Hey, do you mind me asking: What tilesets do you use?

Anyways, Xenoche you should do a public beta test... or private if we have enough people. I wanna play it with more people but I can't host so... ASSASSIN AND RANGER FTW!

Xenoche

Reaction score
ToJ tiles:

Dungeon - Dirt
Dungeon - Lava Cracks
Dungeon - Square Tiles
Ashenvale - Lumpy Grass
Village - Cobble Path
Sunken Ruins - Sand
Sunken Ruins - Rough Dirt
Ashenvale - Leaves
Sunken Ruins - Vines
Outland - Abyss

Base tile set is Dungeon (cliffs ect).

LotK

Reaction score
oh btw when we are talking about the terrain already: some places seems to be a bit empty
mostly the border of the sand levels (which use sand tile at the border) is a bit boring.... too empty if you ask me

i know it should be desert and deserts are empty, but i dont like the way it ends... there is nothing and then BäM!! that black border! thats just ugly

and its the same in the level with those trees (and tree mobs) im kinda missing the original ToJ atmosphere there. The old ToJ had so many awesome dungoeons, why you removed them? i know "diversity is key" xD, but i think you should get that dungeon athmosphere back in some levels

it might be not easy, but i offer you my help as a skilled map maker and terrainer (depends on wheter you trust me or not) im not destroying any maps and i neither want to steal any triggers, but i could improve the terrain myself if you are too lazy and if I'm allowed to so do

anyway, a thing i also dislike is the Skeleton's Curse (sleep ability) or those red orks.... in 0.8 they where skeletons, but i dont get the point why demon orcs cast a skeleton curse^^
maybe you could change it to that skill from melee firelord (the one where you cant cast and take damage over time) i forgot the name, but with a good effect this would fit more to demons

so my last question is: will you accept my help offer?
i hope we gonna meet tonight, i will check us east some time

BioDiablo

Reaction score
Never… don't give it (Soul Burn) to those Orcs. Since I'm also being frequently caught by that "stun" skill, replacing it by Soul Burn would simply disable my healing (since the Soul Burn disables casting of spells) which would be devastating.
Dunno about the others but I like the terrain…

Xenoche

Reaction score
Sorry about last night LotK, but it was 4 am and I was sleepy as hell.

I'll change the name of that skill to something more suitable.

About the terrain:

For all intents and purposes the terrain suits its purpose, I feel that to blockade the borders of maps would look just as ugly, not to mention push the doodad limit to breaking point.

Dungeons. Well, the first versions were all dungeon, but I had a multitude of people saying how bland it is thats all there is, dungeon, which is why I adopted this more diverse approach.

I do not wish to accept your invitation, as much as I would like to share the load, I still take pride in my maps and the fact that they were made by me and me alone (apart from mods and skins, but hey, I cant map forever).

Uploading update within the hour (the tests last night were flawless).

LotK

Reaction score
its ok if you dont want help

*waits for update*

EDIT: oh btw its alredy 1 am in the morning here, but who cares

Xenoche

Reaction score
ToJ 0.95a Update

I'm sure you guys would be happy to know that the new version (0.95a) is out.
See the first post for a change log and the dl link.

I am also happy to have it done after numerous tests which were needed because of the scale of this update, I didn't quite realize how difficult it would be to integrate a new hero class into the map (so many systems makes it tough).

Feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Xeno.

LotK

Reaction score
Druid.................. OWNS!

but there is a bug: rejuvenation doesnt work! it doesnt heal

and that ghost/fire boss is veeeeeeeery ownage when creeps spawn and he is not alone. it was already hard when he suddently attacked some random guy... sometimes they died in 1 or 2 hits and healer couldnt heal them because of delay

and some other graohical things: •I dont like the Incarnaton of Muhr effect that comes now
•the wizzard AoE spell looks thit too

EDIT: do all bosses have the same abilitys?

Xenoche

Reaction score
-The incantation of Muhr effect was changed due to in being laggy as hell, but mabee ill change it back, with less meteors but higher damage.
-For some reason or another rejuv doesn't work, i know, I will either replace or try and fix it next patch.
-The wizards AoE looks "thit"? I'm guessing thats supposed to be "shit", and I your opinion is fine, the old effect lagged like hell hence why it was replaced.

-There are massive differences in the bosses abilities in the first 3 levels alone, there skills differ greatly. Which tells me your either too blind to tell the difference or your an idiot.

Tell you what, I'm gonna fix all the "shit" in this version, release a v1.00, and this project is DONE.

Xeno.:nuts:

LotK

Reaction score
DONE? well same with our game, we did it!

hell no! you cant win the game :p in the last levels are endless spawns.... and what the hell are you supposed to do with those pillars?

and the bosses: i mean that scorpion king and the dracula one have the blink abilitys

sry for that typos i did, i was in a hurry (playing ToJ xD)

Xenoche

Reaction score
:eek: I get a bit :mad: in the morning if I ain't had may coffee :p

LotK and anyone else who doesn't know: If you haven't noticed, Quests now have a log under the quests tab, so each stage you get information on what to do to pass it, the same goes for the demon beacon level your referring too. Yes both the scorpion and the Master of Bones have a blink type spell, the only difference is, the scorpion has more of a blink strike that deals damage aswell.

The Spirit of Flame boss is easy if you know how to take it, I would tell you how, but strategy is a part of the game and I don't want to spoil boss defeating strategies.

EDIT: Hey LotK when you say wizards AoE spell, are you referring to Psyon Force or Electro-Nova?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Nice beta last night... lol it was horrible :p we died to the KOBOLD! :D

Well Xenoche, I'll get a compliment out again - excellent map with sweet terraining, nice and working system, and cool skills.

I gotta' go soon so this'll be quick (I think). Here is a suggestion(s) for Assassin:

Flash Combo - I forgot if that was the name or not... anyways, it doesn't really put an impact on damage for some reason, even though it should. The multiplied damage sounds like a lot but... it just wasn't... o_O. Also, it makes you have invunerable-effect, not the armor, but the effect as in enemies switching targets and not being able to attack you. Nothing major with this skill, only if you want to.

Concentration - it should also increase the critical strike chance because 1.) its an ultimate-type and 2.) 10 seconds isn't a lot and neither is X1.5 for only 10 seconds with a low chance. Maybe you could make it R1: increases crit chance by 3% and dmg by X1.5 and then... well you decide that.

Here are some Ranger suggestion(s):

Something Stun Trap - forgot name but when I tried it, it didn't always work. Is the trigger like a claymore - triggers when enemy is nearby and in range? Because it never triggered unless the enemy HIT the trap.

Aimed Shot Thing (First Skill) - it's weak. Maybe you fixed it from last time I said it, but just a reminder if you didn't.

Hawk Companion Skill.. Man, I can't remember names today, lol. It would be cooler if it was a real companion. Maybe you could make it so that the player doesn't have full control on it, but make it so that you can control it's skills, meaning the hawk have skills.

Well, hope that helps? Once again, great map.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I must say, this map is brilliant.
I have been heavily inspired by some of the terrain.
Therefore, I have made some look-alike(sorry, but I have been so inspired that my fingers just shoke(spelled?), and I had to do some terraining) in my RPG, that I have been working on for about 3 months.
I hope it is okay, it is not like your terraining all the way, only some of the parts.

BUT, the version I played, there were no save/load system. You heavily need that.

Also, which UI do you use for the boxes that indicates the unit's name?

LotK

Reaction score
EDIT: Hey LotK when you say wizards AoE spell, are you referring to Psyon Force or Electro-Nova?

Psyon Force

But anyway we all read the quest in the last level.... and you cant kill all monsters when they don't stop spawning! rly i wish i had saved that replay or made a screenshot, but i didnt. We played with 0.5 FPS!!!! and the mobs where everywhere, even in that lava and BEHIND the door!!!!

I know it was really nice with 4 guys (2 newbies and 2 pros^^)!! and our healer was one of the noobs and only 1 guy died all the time (wizzard and noob xD)

BTW: i loved the level with the riddles and extra stuff (level 8) and i wish you could make more of that in other levels

Legacyspy

Reaction score
Great map xeno.
I must agree with the person above about the terrain. It is very very cool, unique, and not like other terrain found in most wc3 maps.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.