Tower Item Ideas

Rab

Reaction score
Hey peeps,
I'm havin some trouble gettin item ideas for my towers in a td...
So the items have tiers up till 4 and i need around 10 per tier.
thanks in advance
:thup:

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Tier 1: Simple Stone
Gives +5 damage when held. The bearer has a small chance to stun an attack target. Chance increases with level.

Tier 2: Spark Orb
Attacks have a high chance to stun the target for a short duration, and damage will splash onto nearby targets.

Tier 3: Flash Bomb
Blinds all units in the target area for a short time, reducing their movement speed and causing them to move in random directions.
Passively gives a chance to blind a single attack target.

Tier 4: Vortex Crystal
When used on an area, it creates a vortex that sucks nearby units closer and prevents them from moving. In a larger area, units are slowed.
Passively gives a small chance to push the attack target and units around it away from the tower.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Tier 2: Vine Seed
Plants a seed at a target point, which takes 5 seconds to grow into its mature stage, then lasts another 15 seconds. During this 15 second period, any unit that passes by the seed will cause it to reach out over 2 seconds, then grab all enemies within 500 range.

Tier 1: Gunpowder Casket
When held, gives a chance that an attack splashes in the area around the target and deals extra damage.

Tier 3: Frigid Orb
When used, releases a blast of chilling energy towards a target unit or point, slowing and damaging units that come into contact with it.
Passively, every attack chills the target, slowing its movement speed, and there is a chance to freeze it in place entirely for 3 seconds.

Tier 4: Shadowskull Amulet
Each time a unit dies from an attack, it explodes in a blast of dark energy that deals damage to units around it.
Whenever a unit is attacked, it takes extra damage for every dead unit in the area.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Tier 1: Smoke Bomb
Increases damage when held. Can be used to release smoke over a target area, causing units that enter the smoke to become trapped in it and unable to move until the smoke disperses.

Rab

Reaction score
cant give u rep yet....come on is this the only dude looking at the thread??=.=

Mythes

Reaction score
Tier 1 - Landmine
Blends into terrain in 0,5 seconds. When any unit passes over it, explodes and causes damage AoE.

Tier 2 - Natural Landmine
Blends into terrain in 1,5 seconds. If no unit passes on it for 10 seconds, the mine duplicates. The mines act like a tier 1 mine if triggered.

Tier 3 - Remote Explosives
Once planted into terrain, becomes invisible and can be manually exploded for AoE damage.

Tier 4 - Peg Bomb
Set a bomb on the target unit. If that unit dies, the peg bomb deals small damage AoE. If the peg stays on the target for 5 seconds, it deals huge damage AoE.

Note:
Blending into terrain means that the mine won't activate if not blended.

Mythes

Reaction score
Tier 1 - Ward of Slow-Motion
Sets up a ward that's invunerable / magic invunerable, and that slows all enemy units in a small area.

Tier 2 - Huge Ward of Slow-Motion
Same as above, but bigger range and bigger slow.

Tier 3 - Ward of Stop
Sets a Ward that stuns enemy units for some time in a small area

Tier 4 - Warden of Slow-Motion
Sets up a Warden Unit that's invunerable and that has Slow Splash Attacks.

Note:
Tier 4 may be hard to create... Had the idea just now :p
The idea is to have a 60 sec unit that has a Splash attack that Slows.

Mythes

Reaction score
Tier 1 - Fire Bomb
Incinerates a small area, that deals consecutive damage to any unit that stands in the area.

Tier 2 - Incineration Bomb
Incinerates a small area, causing DpS to any units in the area and afflicting them with Burn status (DpS). While in the area, units suffer damage from the area and from the burn.

Tier 3 - Fire-fly
Fires X missles at random enemies. If the units die from the impact, they blow up, and damage units around them.

Tier 4 (Tier 5? kk) - "Death comes from above"
Fires a nuclear missle. It takes 5 seconds to reach the target destination. It can destroy allies and enemies (it's possible to die from this attack). Deals massive damage.

Mythes

Reaction score
Enjoy the ideas =) I separated the posts, so that you can filter the ideas better.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
You know, Mythes, doing so is usually considered quadruple-posting (if that's a word) which is against the rules of the forum. What you could have done was to put all the ideas in a single post, with text separators, like so:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That would've saved the hassle of making 4 separate posts, one of which isn't even relative. I'm sure Rab can tell which ideas belong in which group.

Tier 1: Envenomed Spear
Each attack deals damage over time to the target, and reduces its movement speed for the same duration.

Tier 3: Burning Stone
Each attack deals high damage over time to the target, and splash damage to nearby targets. A unit that dies while under this effect will explode, placing the same effects of damage over time to nearby units. Similarly, these units will also explode.

Tier 2: Flask of Acid
Launches a flask of acidic liquid towards the target. Upon impact, the flask shatters, spilling the liquid onto nearby targets. Units affected by the liquid have reduced armor, movement speed and take damage over time.

Tier 4: Morning Star
At night, every attack stops the target from moving for a short duration.
During the day, this effect splashes.

Mythes

Reaction score
@Kaerf.
Yeah i thought of that b4 posting... But still, i thought that it would be a little better if I quadra-posted (<- that's the word ur looking for) then if I separatted... But still, my bad.

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Don't copy exactly these values, adapt them for the balance of your map.
Code:
Item tier 1: Empty Stone
Specification: 6% chance on attack to discard 40% of current hp points, for multi-target towers 3% chance

Item tier 2: Blank Stone
Specification: 13% chance on attack to discard 60% of current hp points, for multi-target towers 5% chance

Item tier 3: Void Stone
Specification: 6% chance on attack to discard 40% of max hp points, for multi-target towers 3% chance

Item tier 4: Black Hole
Specification: 3% chance on attack to vanish units in 600 radius, for multi-target towers 1% chance

Code:
Item tier 1: Wand of Wizard
Specification: Every attack recovers mana by 3%, 20% chance to deal 40% of max mana to enemy

Item tier 2: Wand of Magus
Specification: Every attack recovers mana by 3%, 25% chance to deal 60% of max mana to enemy

Item tier 3: Wand of Sage
Specification: Every attack recovers mana by 5%, 20% chance to deal  max mana to enemy.

Item tier 3: Wand of Sacred Wisdom
Specification: Bonus mana +100%, every attack recovers mana by 1%, +2 attack target number (barrage). When mana reaches 100% gives all your other towers +50% attack speed, and this tower reduce attack speed by 50%. Mana resets to zero. Cooldown 2 minutes.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Tier 1: Basic Staff
Casts from the Tower holding the item have a 5% chance to restore 20% of their maximum mana points.

Tier 2: Enhanced Staff
Casts from the Tower holding the item have a 10% chance to restore 20% of their maximum mana points.

Tier 3: Surreal Staff
Casts from the Tower holding the item have a 15% chance to restore 20% of their maximum mana points.

Tier 4: Sorcerers Staff
Casts from the Tower holding the item have a 20% chance to restore 20% of their maximum mana points.

--------------------

Tier 1: Wand of Magic
Casts have a 4% chance to do a death nova blast at the attacked position hitting all enemies within 450 range dealing 50 damage and slowing their movement by 60% for 1.5 seconds.

Tier 2: Wand of the Dispelled
Casts have a 6% chance to do a death nova blast at the attacked position hitting all enemies within 450 range dealing 100 damage and slowing their movement by 60% for 1.5 seconds.

Tier 3: Wand of Black Magic
Casts have a 8% chance to do a death nova blast at the attacked position hitting all enemies within 450 range dealing 150 damage and slowing their movement by 60% for 1.5 seconds.

Tier 4: Wand of the Death Mage
Casts have a 10% chance to do a death nova blast at the attacked position hitting all enemies within 450 range dealing 200 damage and slowing their movement by 60% for 1.5 seconds.

--------------------

Tier 1: Damaged Shotgun
Attacks by the Tower holding this item have a 2% chance to stun an attacked enemy for 2 seconds and deal 80 bonus damage. Cooldown of 2 seconds.

Tier 2: Cleansed Shotgun
Attacks by the Tower holding this item have a 3% chance to stun an attacked enemy for 2 seconds and deal 120 bonus damage. Cooldown of 1.5 seconds.

Tier 3: Improved Shotgun
Attacks by the Tower holding this item have a 4% chance to stun an attacked enemy for 2 seconds and deal 160 bonus damage. Cooldown of 1 seconds.

Tier 4: HexTech Shotgun
Attacks by the Tower holding this item have a 5% chance to stun an attacked enemy for 2 seconds and deal 200 bonus damage. Cooldown of 0.5 seconds.

--------------------

Apologies if this isn't what you are looking for.
Adjust the values to suit your map as you wish.
I do not require any credit for usage of idea's.

Are they meant to be of the same type, those different by Tier?
Am i getting the correct idea?
I will post more idea's if I know I'm using the correct style for your map.

JsK

Reaction score
Tier 1: Spear
Attacks pierces through the defence of an enemy , reducing its armor.

Tier 2: Lance
Damage +X. Attacks will also reduce the armor of target.

Tier 3: Harpoon
Attacks reduces the armor of target by a good amount. Additionally , each attack will do bonus physical damage equal to 3% of target's current HP.

Tier 4: Trident
Attacks reduces the armor of target (Same amount as Harpoon but stacks twice). Each attack will do bonus physical damage equal to 5% of target's current HP and have a chance to wound the target , causing it to bleed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.