Trigger increasing dmg of a unit?

B0ndo

Reaction score
Hi there folks, i'd like to know if it's possible in any way to make a trigger that increases the dmg of a tower by XX% or XX value?

I'm talking about a trigger like:

Event:
Unit - Finishes an upgrade.
Condition:
Action:
??

That's about how descriptive i can be, tell me if you need more info.

If you got any work-arounds that'll do :)

B0ndo

EDIT: Oh forgot to mention, the tower being upgraded is not the same as the tower i want to do the dmg modification on.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
So you mean that after the tower upgrades you increase the damage of another unit?
If so you need an ability which increases the damage of the unit. Lets say you create an ability out of the claws of attack then set the level and the damage.

[GUI]
Untitled Trigger 001
Events
Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Whatever
Actions
Unit - Add Item Damage Bonus (+10) to (Some Unit)
[/GUI]

Maybe this is how the basic structure would look like. You can level the ability to increase the damage further.

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
Isn't there an upgrade which increases damage, such as Creature Attack on Night Elves?

B0ndo

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. About 5-10 minutes after i posted my thread i read somewhere that i have to create an ability which increases the damage and then increase the level of the ability from the trigger. I tried using the Command Aura, but it didn't seem to work.

I'll try with the Claws of Attack instead.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Command Aura is for melee units only I believe. Trueshot for ranged.

Claws of Attack doesn't add percentage damage.

Trueshot is probably the best for increasing another tower.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Command Aura is for both, Claws of Attack does not add percentage damage, Trueshot increases only ranged. I'd use Command Aura with targets set to allies and structures.

B0ndo

Reaction score
I got it to work guys :) Cheers for the help.

The "unit" that needed the extra damage is a tower hehe.. I don't need percentage dmg, i just need it to add the +5 damage everytime an upgrade occurs. But it works like a charm now, cheers :)

B0ndo

Reaction score
I actually got one more question related to this thread. Anyone knows which item i can use as "ability" if i want to add health to the same tower i added damage to?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
I actually got one more question related to this thread. Anyone knows which item i can use as "ability" if i want to add health to the same tower i added damage to?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Item Health Bonus

B0ndo

Reaction score
There's no such item called Item Health Bonus, there's an item called Item Life Bonus, but that one doesn't seem to work for some reason :-/

Or might i have to make a new trigger taking care of the life bonus?

Trigger:
  • Trigger 1
    • Events
    • Unit - A unit finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
    • ((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 12 (Brown)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 11 (Dark Green)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Increase level of +5 Damage (+5) for (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Increase level of Item Bonus 2 for (Picked unit)

The +5 damage "ability" works just fine, but the Item Bonus "ability" doesn't seem to work properly.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Theres an upgrade for life in the Humans tier, its Animal War Training. Either that or use things like Handicap - set it to a percentage, or the ability that Item Life Bonus uses.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.