Trigger spell problem and others

Reploid

Reaction score
Hi cool people; if after reading you wander why "and others" is because I come with many doubts all the time and it will not be cool to open various threads for this.
My problem by now is that I want to make this skill:

Double Hit
Gives possibility of making conseccutive attacks

There should be a really better way of making it but i was making it this way:

I made 2 skills; the main, that is the one that the player is going to interact with, that conssists of a passive spell that gives a possibility for each hit to put the effect (Double Hit) on attacked unit, and the trigger, checking if this buff is on, will add the second skill: Double Hit, based on resistance aura (with +100% Attack Speed) to the hero; wait 1 second and then remove it so he will give one or two bonus hits depending on his attack speed.

This is my Trigger:
-A unit is attacked
Conditions:
-Triggering Unit has buff Double Hit - True
Actions:
  1. Unit - Add Double Hit (Based on Resistance Aura) to attacking unit
  2. Wait 1 second
  3. Unit - Remove Double Hit from Attacking Unit

Of course this doesn't work and anyway if I make it work it will make everyone hitting the same unit double hit it and thats why im asking for your help :)
If you can't tell me how to fix so it works or a better way to make this spell I will be really greatfull. Sorry if I have bad English is not my language :(.

Also I'm Making another skill:

Exploding Arrow
This arrow explodes on touch dealing bonus damage to its target and damaging also nearby units.

I just used flaming arrows for resource spell and then made this trigger:

1. A unit finishes casting a ability
Conditions
  1. Triggering Unit is a Hero - True
  2. Ability Being Cast equal to Exploding Arrow
Actions
  1. Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of (Target point of ability Being Cast)) and do Actions:
    1. Set Life of (Picked Unit) to ((Life of Picked Unit)) - (50 x (Level of Ability Being Cast)) for Trigering Unit)))

This doesn't work too :eek: I will really aprecciate your help
Thanks everyone a lot.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
You know what would look cool for the first spell?
When the Double-Hit is activated,

Optional: add a 0.1 second wait before any action

create a dummy unit (in case youre wondering, dummy units are like fake units that have no real ability other than make spells work better, or look cooler) with the same model as your hero, 25-25 (you can change that number) (optional: that will make it a little more complicated, but give your dummy 1-1 damage and trigger the damage so it deals the same about of damage the first attack did) damage, and 0.00 at Animation Damage Point

Then using actions under Animation, change the vertex coloring of your hero to something like (100, 100, 100, 50) which will make your newly created unit transparent

Then order the dummy to attack the same unit your hero was attacking when Double-hit was triggered

Then finally, apply a short expiration timer (also known as timed life) to your dummy (about 1 or 2 seconds) that will make it die after hitting

But you dont want the dummy to play his death animation, that would look dumb
So create another trigger, with event A unit dies
Condition: Unit type of dying unit equal to (YourDummy)
Action: Remove dying unit from the game

That will make the dummy disapear as soon as he die, removing the death animation

---------

For the second spell, do you mean it really doesn't work? As in it doesn't deal damage at all or there's just no effect?

Reploid

Reaction score
You know what would look cool for the first spell?
When the Double-Hit is activated,

Optional: add a 0.1 second wait before any action

create a dummy unit (in case youre wondering, dummy units are like fake units that have no real ability other than make spells work better, or look cooler) with the same model as your hero, 25-25 (you can change that number) (optional: that will make it a little more complicated, but give your dummy 1-1 damage and trigger the damage so it deals the same about of damage the first attack did) damage, and 0.00 at Animation Damage Point

Then using actions under Animation, change the vertex coloring of your hero to something like (100, 100, 100, 50) which will make your newly created unit transparent

Then order the dummy to attack the same unit your hero was attacking when Double-hit was triggered

Then finally, apply a short expiration timer (also known as timed life) to your dummy (about 1 or 2 seconds) that will make it die after hitting

But you dont want the dummy to play his death animation, that would look dumb
So create another trigger, with event A unit dies
Condition: Unit type of dying unit equal to (YourDummy)
Action: Remove dying unit from the game

That will make the dummy disapear as soon as he die, removing the death animation

---------

For the second spell, do you mean it really doesn't work? As in it doesn't deal damage at all or there's just no effect?

Ill try to make the dummy thing right away, it doesn't sound toooo hard.
And for the second spell, it doesn't do damage to units in Range 300 as I put in my trigger, not even to the target (It gives damage, but not the trigger based damage, just the one from the hero)
Oh, and...
Thank youuuu!! ;)

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Hmm... For the second spell, all I can see is change the event to A unit starts the effect of an ability

If you need any more help for the 1st spell, or if my fix doesnt work, let me know :thup:

Reploid

Reaction score
I tried to make your fix but Im surely making the Events and/or conditions bad, I cant make trigger for Double Hit work these are them:
Double Hit
Event:
A unit is attacked
Conditions:
Triggering unit has buff double hit equal to true
Attacking unit is a hero equal to true

Something works wrong because it doesn't recognize it.

Also with the other:

Explosive Arrow
Event:
A unit finishes launching an ability
Conditions:
Triggering unit is a hero equal to true
Ability Being cast equal to Explosive Arrow

Ill try that of the effect thing.

Thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.